Rav's guide to kicking ass in galactic war
Welcome to Rav’s guide to Galactic War. This is my first such guide so it might need streamlining.

First some notes about the game mechanics:

Retreating:
Retreat if the game isn’t going your way, if you remember exactly what you did, you can always reproduce the results because making the exact same choices with the exact same squad in the exact same formation will lead to the same results. There is no randomizing. If you want to have things be different have your guys attack different targets. Also changing the squad formation can lead to the computer targeting different character (can, not always does). Changing out even one character will change all the numbers. You can use this to your advantage, if the difficulty is that steep that you need to exploit this mechanic it can give you a meaningful edge.
Endurance/war of attrition/carryover status:
You start the next fight where you left of the last one. In a lot of respects this is a major handicap, in a lot of other ways it is a great opportunity for insane advantage. If you plan your fights, so your characters finish up mostly healed, with the cooldown on their abilities mostly restored and their tm-bar mostly full, you will have a major advantage over your enemy in the next battle. One that more then makes up for the lack of enduring protection. The best thing to do is to grab a couple of characters that take advantage of this. Characters that lay down insane amounts of damage (rey), stun key members of the enemy squad before they can unleash their mayhem (rg, daka,), or ability block them (Lumi, etc) or keep their tm down so they never get to go (teebo).

The three stages of every fight:
It helps to divide the fight into three phases.

First contact/opening volley:
Mid section
Cleanup

In the first phase the focus is to disable the characters with the most dangerous abilities, and kill one of his heavy hitters. The key is to disperse his ability to pile onto your squad. Most squads can take out one or two characters in a single turn when their fire gets concentrated or the heavy aoe attackers get going. You want to keep them from using their big guns all at once. That way you can recover in between strikes or kill the enemy before they get their shots of. The first phase is therefore about survival and taking out a nasty guy from the enemy squad. Turn the endurance thing into a weapon.

The second phase is about control. You took out his biggest nasty, you now want to kill two more
characters and start healing your squad if necesary. It´s important to keep that control going, keep from getting hammered by the big guns. If you are lucky this part is easy because you already took out the scary guys. Otherwise you may need to keep the pressure on and use precious slow recharge abilities. Its okay to unleash if it is necessary in this phase, the next fight might be easier again, especially at the mid/point of the war.

Last phase is cleanup. The last two opponents are on the ropes and you still have all your guys, or are trying to res the one that fell before so you might not have to retreat and start over. This is both the easiest and most important phase. You try to draw this out, as much as possible, till all your abilities are recharged.

Winning the fight (aka know your enemy)
The key to winning is in reading the enemy squad. Personally against such things in real life, it helps to label characters into catagories, so you know who to kill first, and who to disable. Mind you the strategy is subtly different in arena because you get do-overs. Characters like Daka, with a chance to resurrect, you can ignore till mid battle (her stun ability is still a pain though) and bank on the ability failing (retreating if it doesn´t). Anyway. As a rule I ability block annoying chars like phasma, yoda, darth vader, or tanks like st han or poe. I kill what you call glass canons like rey, qgj, geo sol, leia, FO Tie pilot. I ignore healers and characters that counter a lot. Best to save them for cleanup.

Kill list:
Rey
Palpetine
QGJ
IG88
IG86
Lando
Leia
Wedge/bigs
Darth maul
Basicly any character that is not so tough and can pile on lots of damage fast
EE (because his res ability is 100% chance you might want to kill him first)

Mid section:
Daka
Phasma
RG
St-han
Characters with big support abilities that really enhance the others. In the first phase you probably want to stun or ability block these.

Ignore list
Teebo
Fives
Consular (most healers except EE)
Opres
Chewy
Boba fet
HK47
Dooku
Old ben
Basicly anyone who deals low damage and in many cases aren’t a problem unless you attack them

A note on Counter:
One of the more annoying things to face in an enemy, it has several major limitations.
1 Stunned enemies don’t counter
2 Stealthed attacks don’t trigger counter
3 Assisting attacks don’t trigger counter
4 Counter attacks are leveled at the attacker unless another character is taunting, then the attack goes against the taunter.

A note on RG and healers:
The ai runs healers a certain way, the healing abilities only get used when multiple characters are badly hurt or one is near death. Planning your attacks so these abilities don’t trigger trivializes them. Same with rg, if a character is near yellow, hold of on attacking him until you can hit him with a one hit kill. If he never gets below 50%, rg never triggers.

Exploit these and the ability becomes completely trivial

Squad makeup/multiple squad strategies:
If you have more then 5 characters that can make a dent, it helps to form up to four squads, and using each squad once on the first set of nodes, these fights are easy and can help your characters build up some tm to give them an edge when they go up against those maxed out clone squads.
Your main squad should be built for endurance. I personally use Lumi, daka, rg and two hard hitters (like rey and QGJ). Its your work horse. RG and daka stun, lumi uses ability block and qgj and rey tear up the enemy. Next to those I use a rebel squad, a driod squad and an ewok squad. I rarely need to these days but when things were harder, I used the droid squad as an ice-breaker if I came against a nasty impossible foe. My droids would get wiped but not without dealing some crippling damage. A thing to consider in this scenario is that if you kill the leader, the next time you fight that same squad, a different character will be in the leader role, worth it sometimes if they had a rex-lead squad or such. A throwaway squad can get you through some tough fights, used right you start the fight in the mid section. Don’t use it until you really really need it.

I try to see every fight as a puzzle to solve, think moves ahead. Don’t be afraid to try inferior strategies if your strongest ones aren’t working, you never know how your luck will factor in. Just be ready to close the app when you get hammered.

Have fun everyone!