DC Legends (Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes clone)
Just throwing this out there, but there's a clone of this game set in the DC Comics universe that just came out. Available on Android and Apple. It's called DC Legends. When I say clone, I mean it. The graphics and animations are far superior to Star Wars, mainly because it's newer, but everything else is exactly the same as far as I can tell.

If you want to hop in while it's early and start unlocking and leveling up, now's your chance.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dccomics.com/games/dc-legends">http://www.dccomics.com/games/dc-legends</a><!-- m -->

Funny, but accurate first paragraph in the Kotaku review of DC Legends:

"Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes is a free-to-play RPG in which players build a team of characters from throughout Star Wars history and take them through a series of progressively difficult turn-based battles. Replace “Star Wars” with “DC Comics” in that description and you’ve got DC Legends."
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.
I tried it. As you said, the graphics and animations are pretty good. I also like that they actually tried to incorporate a storyline.

For me:
+ Graphics
+ Storyline
+ Affinity System (kind of like rock/paper/scissors for extra/reduced damage)
+ PvP interface (10 different players for the day with the amount you'd get for beating them next to their name)
+ Better Interface for Powers & unlocking via star level (imo)

- Doesn't look like guilds are implemented, nor are guild raids
- Not much in the way of targeted character shard purchases using PvP or granted credits
- They use the credit bucket system - you have to log in and click on the "essence collector" to gain the money. If it fills up, you waste the excess

I haven't yet come across any obvious character synergies like in SWGoH, but I've only goofed around in it for a day.
I've heard it is very shallow once you play for a couple weeks. But so was SWGoH until they released a bunch of new material.
They have done some updates and added some new features, such as daily challenges (like challenges in SWGOH) and multi day long events (like events in SWGOH).

Also, a few misunderstood impressions, or misconceptions to clear up:

- It didn't seem like characters had much synergy, the way you would find in SWGOH, and the main fun in building squads. Well, this was at first, but I have now learned that there is in fact plenty of synergy in building squads, it just comes a little later in the game. The synergy lies in the leader abilities of your heroes, which they don't unlock until they are 5-star characters. Getting a 5-star character isn't too hard, as you can sim heroic ("hard") battles to get character shards of your choice. Also, events and such grant decent amounts of shards of characters.

- The credit bucket system is actually pretty good, since they are essentially giving you free credits over time. Sure the excess is "wasted", but it's still free credits either way. The bucket increases in size as you level up as well. SWGOH doesn't offer any free credits, rather, SWGOH uses the free energy tactic instead, which is great, but the same thing applies to it, which is that if you don't log in within 2 hours of the free energy, you lose it. DC doesn't offer any free energy, but their energy refreshes a lot quicker than SWGOH.

- Daily challenges have now been revamped and are much more like SWGOH. They use to be free for alls where you could just use whoever, whenever you wanted. Now each challenge has restrictions on it, with tighter restrictions the further you progress. Essentially the exact same as SWGOH.

- PVP is great. The league system is not much different than SWGOH (it uses trophies which you gain and lose when you win and lose), but the battle picking and reward system is far superior:
  • You are given a list of 10 opponents for the day, and you are shown how many trophies you will gain if you defeat them (each opponent is worth a different amount depending on their ranking). If you defeat all 10 opponents in your list, you are awarded exclusive character shards.
  • You are awarded PVP currency for each win (30 currency in the lowest league tier and it goes up 10 currency per win for each tier of the league on average) and are even awarded 5 PVP currency for a loss.
  • You can hold 10 PVP tickets max at any one time, and you spend one ticket to start a PVP battle, win or lose. You can spend 1 PVP ticket to refresh your daily opponent list if you find them too difficult as well. PVP tickets aren't given as a bulk replenish each day, but rather replenish 1 ticket every hour. So you can actually play a few PVP battles and then refresh your list and still complete the new list in its entirety, all in one day.
  • You are awarded 100 PVP currency once each day for completing 2 PVP battles for the PVP daily challenge.
  • You can use PVP currency to purchase character shard packs from the shop. The big PVP character pack costs 380 PVP currency. You can purchase one big character pack every day by winning 10 PVP battles on the lower league tier, and it speeds up the higher you progress. There is no limit to how many PVP packs you can buy per day.

- Still no guild or raid support, but of course those are coming. I'm going to assume they will be simple at first, and then end up just being copies of SWGOH by the end. Not necessarily a bad thing.

Again, this game is still early in its life. It's a great time to get in and start collecting and leveling up characters for when the game eventually gets fully fleshed out. Once the new features get implemented, you'll be ready to take part right away if you've been building up prior. Just my two cents. Smile
Fretty
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Force Champions should be coming out soon. 2 app games are enough for me. =)
It's finally here...Alliances (guilds) in DC Legends.
If anyone is at all interested, I have created the Alliance "Canadians Against Nekron", but of course I'll even let non-Canadians in. Tongue

There are daily Alliance missions, just like SWGOH and it also tracks your personal progress towards the Alliance mission of the day in the way that it gives you a "mini" mission of the same objective so even if your Alliance fails, you are rewarded in Alliance points which are used in the shop. Really...just like SWGOH.

DC is a lot of fun and different enough from SWGOH that playing both is worth it, but similar enough that you can time your dailies and logins together so it doesn't double the amount of free time required if you wanted to play both.
Fretty