Wireless Headset
Anyone have any recommendations for a wireless headset?

I've looked and haven't really found anything that looks decent that isn't really expensive.  I've found some that are no-name brands that I kind of shy away from.  I know wireless isn't the best and corded is better, but I don't care. I'm tired of dealing with the wires getting constantly twisted.

My main requirement is that it has to have a charging dock. I don't want to deal with changing out batteries every time it dies and I don't want to have to plug it in to charge.
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
Gaming or music? (That is, do you want 7.1 support or just stereo?)

My only experience with wireless gaming headsets is the Turtle Beach "Ear Force Stealth 450". Probably an outdated model by now and you have to plug it in to charge it (though it also can run while plugged in). I actually bought it a couple years ago, used it for a while, then swapped it out for a corded Logitech headset because I missed having media buttons. Then I went back to it because I missed being cordless...

I don't think there's any issues with wireless headsets. I've never had a problem with these. It IS nice to get up and go get a drink or something and actually keep the headsets on so I can tell if I'm about to be murdered. Pretty decent range, too. (And if it had Logitech style buttons I could map a push to talk on there...)

Turtle Beach is a good brand, but I dunno if they have any headsets that use a docking station.
I don't have a brand suggestion but I would definitely concur that a charging dock is a must vs. plug in to charge or changing batteries outright.

Too many games to fit in signature....
I have a wireless headset but I never used it all that much. I don't use it at all now, I don't even have it connected. It's a Logitech G930 I think.

This particular model uses a cord to charge, which I basically had connected all the time. I don't know if Logitech sells any headsets with a charging stand. I know Sennheiser made some wireless headphones at one point that used a charging stand but those were for listening only -- no microphone. No idea what's available now.

Anyway, I left the cord on this Logitech one connected all the time to ensure the batteries would always be charged, so that *if* I wanted wireless (e.g. I wanted to step away from my keyboard but keep my headset on) I would never be faced with a dead battery -- I could just unplug the cord and go. My biggest complaint with it was that it made my ears hurt after a few hours and if I leaned back they would fall off my head. I needed a headset that gripped strongly, but without crushing my ears, and this wasn't it.

I wouldn't recommend it. It had problems losing connection to the receiver, presumably due to RF interference, and when it happened it didn't always reconnect (even after power cycling several times). Sometimes I'd just have to give up and try again an hour or two later. Very inconvenient when it happened while gaming. Plus the falling off my head thing, and the ear pain.

I'm back to using wired headsets -- a Sennheiser Game Zero and a Game One. One of them stays at home and the other I carry with me in my laptop bag. They are both comfortable to wear and they both have changeable cords (they each come with 2 cords, one with 2 plugs for separate headphone/mic connections, and one with a single iPhone-compatible plug) which is a big improvement over my last wired headset, a Sennheiser PC 350 that I was forced to stop using when the non-replaceable cord developed a fault. The cord with 2 plugs is very long, much longer than the 1-plug cord.

I gave a couple of Plantronics bluetooth headsets a try some years ago (I don't recall what we were playing at that time, either WoW or PotBS)), these were single-ear headsets, more like earbuds really with a built-in mic. I had two of them so one could charge while I used the other because in those days you could only get 4-6 hours of continuous use on a single charge. Sound quality was tolerable but apparently the microphone quality was not -- I think a lot of Purge remember those and are glad I gave up using them. It's likely they've improved since then.

Sorry I don't have more useful advice. My experience with wireless headsets hasn't really been very good.
New World: Snowreap
Life is Feudal: Snowreap Iggles, Taralin Iggles, Preyz Iggles
Naval Action: Taralin Snow, Snowy Iggles
EQ2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Taralin, Disruption, Preyz, Taralynne, Snowy, Snowz
ESO: Snowreap, Yellowtail
PS2: Snowreap
GW2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Taralynne
RIFT: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Snowy
PotBS (British): Taralin Snow, Taralynne Snow, Snowy Iggles, Edward Snow
PotBS (Pirate): Taralin Snowden, Taralynne Snowden, Redshirt Snowden
WW2O: Snowreap
WAR: Snowreap, Preyz, Lbz, Leadz, Snowz, Taralin, Snowmeltz, Yellowtail, Snowbankz
APB: Snowreap, Sentenza
STO: Snowreap@Snowreap, Snowz@Snowreap
AoC: Yellowtail, Snowreap, Snowstorm, Redshirt
WoW (Horde): Snowreap, Savagery, Baelzenun, Wickedwendy, Taralin, Disruption, Scrouge, Bette
WoW (Alliance): Yellowtail, Wickedwendy, Snowreap
AC1: Snowstorm, Yellowtail, Shirt Ninja, Redshirt
wires getting twisted?  Most headsets I see have 1 cord, you cant figure out how to handle 1 cord from your computer to your head?

https://www.amazon.com/Koss-UR40-Collaps...koss+ur+40
[should not have shot the dolphin]
(08-04-2018, 09:01 PM)Diggles Wrote: wires getting twisted?  Most headsets I see have 1 cord, you cant figure out how to handle 1 cord from your computer to your head?

You do realize that you can still twist one cable right?  

Here's what my cable currently looks like right now. I'm sure part of the problem is the type of cable this has... this cable is really flexibile and has kind of a material coating as opposed to the regular rubber coated cables.
 [Image: fUFNAdI.jpg]
I don't own kid gloves.

(08-03-2018, 12:48 PM)Slamz Wrote: Gaming or music? (That is, do you want 7.1 support or just stereo?)

My only experience with wireless gaming headsets is the Turtle Beach "Ear Force Stealth 450". Probably an outdated model by now and you have to plug it in to charge it (though it also can run while plugged in). I actually bought it a couple years ago, used it for a while, then swapped it out for a corded Logitech headset because I missed having media buttons. Then I went back to it because I missed being cordless...

I don't think there's any issues with wireless headsets. I've never had a problem with these. It IS nice to get up and go get a drink or something and actually keep the headsets on so I can tell if I'm about to be murdered. Pretty decent range, too. (And if it had Logitech style buttons I could map a push to talk on there...)

Turtle Beach is a good brand, but I dunno if they have any headsets that use a docking station.

Gaming, I mean I listen to music, but it's mostly gaming.  

I'm getting to the point to where it looks like the only with a doc are really expensive.
I don't own kid gloves.

(08-04-2018, 09:28 PM)strife Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 09:01 PM)Diggles Wrote: wires getting twisted?  Most headsets I see have 1 cord, you cant figure out how to handle 1 cord from your computer to your head?

You do realize that you can still twist one cable right?  

Here's what my cable currently looks like right now.  I'm sure part of the problem is the type of cable this has... this cable is really flexibile and has kind of a material coating as opposed to the regular rubber coated cables.
 [Image: fUFNAdI.jpg]

Yes, this.  I usually take a piece of paper or cloth and wrap it around the top and run it all the way down to work out the kinks.  I'm not sure what I'm doing but it manages to twist up again in a couple weeks.

But I still prefer this to wireless where I ended up having to plug it in while using it which then has the plug jiggle if I turn and the cord hits my shoulder weakening the plug where it wouldn't even stay in anymore.  Or it running out of battery because I forgot to plug it in.  Or the sound quality in general just sucking because the antenna wasn't set just right.  And I agree with Snow that the ones I tried never 'felt right' on my ears.

I don't remember specifically but the last one I tried before finally giving up and going back to wired again was one of the Logitech wireless ones.

Too many games to fit in signature....
The trick I learned with the plug for wireless is to plug in a very short cable and then connect to that with a USB extension cord. Then you never take the plug out of the headphones. You just disconnect the extension cable. This prevents wear and tear on the charging port itself.

But my Turtle Beach headphones will go pretty much all day without a charge. I just wish it had media buttons. I'm tempted to try one of the Logitech ones but they're so hit and miss on quality. Some models are quite good while others are total garbage and you don't know which is which until something breaks.