Delivery Services Dropping Packages
Vlllllladd!  

Is there any standard for what the delivery drivers are supposed to do when dropping off packages?  We have a ring doorbell so we see anyone who comes to our door, and we also get a lot of packages(my wife is a huge Amazon shopper), so we have stuff coming almost daily...

A lot of the time, whoever is delivering the package just drops it from waist high onto the porch.  Doesn't matter if it's UPS, Fed Ex, USPS, or Amazon's random people, it happens quite a lot.

I've never had anything broken, but still seems like that isn't the standard they are supposed to abide by when delivering packages.  Just curious.
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
Well they shouldn't be doing the Ray Guy thing.

Residential deliveries are tricky things. General rules:

*Only small packages (under 90 lbs) will deliver past curb side. Anything bigger has too many liability issues
*NEVER, EVER enter a persons residence, when people require that home deliveries will go the way of Uber and soon disappear
*If the door doesn't have easy access leave at the mailbox (even at the risk of theft)
*Place the package down at the base of the door
*Ring door bell and walk away, do not engage residents

One thing to keep in mind is as long as your contents are packaged properly I could Ray Guy it and nothing should happen to it. Boxes are designed for two specific reasons. The first is to sell on the self. The second is to take damage over the contents it contains. Since the former isn't relevant for home deliveries as long as people you bought it from didn't cut corners your cargo should never be damaged.

We don't Ray Guy the packages because of perception not reality. Trust me, your package went through a lot more rough handling while he was going down multiple conveyor belts than some guy dropping it on the ground.

In general if the contents in your package is damaged it was because it was packed poorly or in the wrong box type. However there is no reason to take any chances by adding further injury to the box. All of them are trained how to handle packages properly.

Drivers are held accountable to claims so if your contents do get damaged, file that claim and the drivers will be punished.
Yea, I'm sure the boxes go through hell on the way there and I'm sure the damage that does happen isn't because of the drop.  

You'd just think with the current technology and with how many people have cameras, that they would at least put the package down.  I'm sure bending over 1000 times a day isn't great on the back and knees, but dropping the package like that looks terrible.
I don't own kid gloves.

It does look terrible and drivers are trained on that. In-fact they are consulted on how camera's are at people's homes and their behavior in the field will be reported and watched. While goods are typically protected we do terminate drivers for this behavior.

It really isn't about the cargo, it is about what kind of jack-ass do you need to be to act that way once you are communicated to about how to properly handle the package.
Had 2 amazon deliveries this week that were delivered by whoever random joe Amazon pays to deliver...

Both times the driver didn't get close enough to my front porch to even set off the ring(which means they didn't get within 15-20 feet of the porch) and they just threw the packages towards the porch.

https://i.imgur.com/97xLhX4.png
https://i.imgur.com/R7vWeG6.png

My ring is on the right side of the door when looking at the door(yes, we have a blue door... blame my wife) and anyone who comes around the corner sets off the ring.
I don't own kid gloves.

I ordered a brand new iPad. The delivery service just dropped the package on the front step, not even knocking. Luckily I was home and heard it.
maybe you all need to post a 'NO SHOTPUT ALLOWED' sign near your door or front yard haha
[should not have shot the dolphin]
(09-29-2018, 06:48 PM)Diggles Wrote: maybe you all need to post a 'NO SHOTPUT ALLOWED' sign near your door or front yard haha

We actually had another delivery today that was them, and Amazon now gives notifications when the driver is close... so I turned my ring on to do a live view so I would have it on recording and camped at the door watching through the peephole, so when he threw it I was going to bust open the door and call him a lazy motherfucker... But the asshole driver walked all the way to the porch and set it down on the porch by the door... kind of ruined my evening.
I don't own kid gloves.