Application - Badger
A few of you in the company may recognize me from the Blacktide company on the island we are all on. I am looking to join a company that is active and works together for the common good of the company. I will be honest in that I was kicked from Blacktide due to Wilder feeling insecure in his inability to lead the company. He thought I was trying to take control which couldn't be further from the truth. I am a Marine and am used to organization in any unit and was always trying to help make things more efficient for the company since we only had 2 active members.

What I bring to the table is a good understanding of the game's mechanics and strategies so far(Level 52). I was the main reason for Wilder finally getting around to creating an alliance on the I9 grid, though I doubt he will ever admit that, the rest of his members can vouch for that. If it were up to him, he would solo sail all day with his gf and to hell with the rest of the company and alliance. But, everyday he logged in, I was adamant in reminding him that we needed to get alliance ties going in the grid.

Why do I want to join Purge? Because you guys seem active, organized and that I9 location is a good one to have strategically. 

If you decide to not add me I can understand and respect that. I would only say that I wish the company the best.

Lastly, I would not rely on Blacktide for much going forward as they only have 2 active members, their main tamer and only person making sure base defenses were operational everyday. And since Wilder cant seem to recruit anyone, they are probably going to collapse easily if they get raided again. Not to mention they recently made a dangerous ally last night that I'm sure many on the island are not going to be happy about in the future.
My suspicion is we are too casual for you but look around the forum posts and see what you think.

My long running rule of thumb for guild leadership can probably be best summed up by "no mandatory anything ever". You can never make a player play the game the way you want them to. All you can do is make them log out or hide their Steam status or play alts or quit. So, for example, if someone wanted to sail endlessly solo that's perfectly fine with me. They're not going to get called out for not helping us farm stone or do gold runs or whatever it is we're up to that day. So we do tend to be more spread around and less focused than guilds with a "you go here do this" mentality.

That said, some gamers do like the "go here do this" mentality as it leads to more focused gameplay.

If you think you'd like a casual approach and a make-your-own-agenda with no guarantee that anyone wants to join you on any particular mission then you'll probably fit right in. If you prefer more structured gameplay you might check out some of the other companies. We know some people who joined uRxP recently and they seem to like it so far and you might try contacting Tiny Rick#6896 for more information on that group.
I have no problem being part of a casual type company.

(I was only mentioning Wilder's issue because he expects the rest of the company to clean up the trouble he gets into for him and he doesn't contribute like everyone else did in the company.) I mentioned these things because I wanted to be completely upfront about why I am no longer with Blacktide.
Hopefully you can also put up with Teamspeak! We know Discord is all the rage these days. Arguably we should switch over but we are used to Teamspeak so we still use that:

thepurge.guildts.com (no port number)

Pop in there next time you're on.

We don't normally have a "trial membership" concept but for a game like this it might be necessary. Everyone that's playing with us now has been playing games with us for years so literally everyone has all rights to everything (including demolish) but obviously for new unknowns that's not desirable. I think we can set you up with limited access though and try to figure out how to make that work. e.g., you would be able to build your own structure or have limited access to existing structures but you might not, say, be able to open the door to the main armory or the gold storage areas or teleport to all beds.

This will be a learning experience for us as well. I don't even know for a fact that these features work in this game but I had the foresight to make sure our existing structures are all "rank 5" so there's room for me to create a "rank 1" and then configure what new joiners can touch and what they can't.

Wilder said you were their tamer. What else do you typically enjoy or not enjoy?
For example, I enjoy building (structures and ships), PvP and tolerate farming to the extent it helps me build. I do not particularly enjoy taming or fighting epic NPCs. What about you?

Our PvP policy is vaguely "try not to shit in your own backyard. Shitting in other people's backyards is fine and encouraged." Sometimes we even follow this policy for several days in a row. We tend to want to be bloodthirsty pirates but also tend to get sidetracked a lot with projects that interest us (or that need doing).
It's been awhile since I used teamspeak, but I will re-download it when I get home from work tonight. 

Taming is mostly what I did and I do enjoy it. Though I am also spec'd fully in construction and farming. So basically I like base-building and infrastructure type stuff: build structures, supply water, food and creatures for farming or combat. I am all for pvp and especially using animals for it if possible.