Outlaws of the Old West - MMO
I suppose I should give my take on this game with my 5.0 hours played. You can start off as a farmer, carpenter or nothing. male or female with a character creation. 

I joined a server a PvP server with a cap of 160 people. The overall surroundings were peeerrrrty but where to start in the middle of nowhere. 
OOW is a MMO, Survival game with server caps. I would compare this to Conan but with more people. I haven't explored the vastness of the lands but I have had plenty of PvP in my first 30 minutes. This is similar to Conan because you start off needing to survive, people wanna kill you, you gather, build, upgrade, level and adjust attribute points. I was able to get a horse. As you can imagine you need to feed, water and lasso the horse to a post so it doesn't run off. If my horse survived the night then I will leave my homestead and ride north. 

OOW is smoothish for me. I do run into the getting stuck somewhere if I log off to close to something issue (a quick relog fixes it). This is buggy because "alpha" but sadly that is the gaming standard these days. The devs seem to be working hard on the game as most do, so it's a 50/50 survival for the game if the devs can keep up. 

OOW just did a wipe yesterday and added the ability for trains, which a guild or group can build as their own, or just rob others trains. 

The crafting is entertaining as you do need A to make B and C to end up with item E. That sorta thing. I can almost make pistols which then I will need gunpowder to make ammo etc. 

It's an entertaining game while I wait for the Atlas after wipe.

Get BGA2 so i can yell at you more
[should not have shot the dolphin]
Ok, I bought Outlaws of the Old West. I’ll have to try it later. Although if there is a singleplayer mode, I may play that when I just feel like chilling. Smile
I have been playing on a cap 60 server but going to try the 150 cap. I was raided because you can apparently take shit from the forge just like in conan if any of it is showing outside of the outpost. Fuckers. I gathered my ammo, rifle and sidearm and went looking for the nearest and most obvious thief. I found an large outpost and decided to blow up the wagon and shoot both horses hoping someone would come outside and fight. Nobody home so I began looking around to see if anyone was out gathering. I found a guy on his horse with a horse on follow (which could have been for hauling my loot). Looked guilty enough to me so I killed his horse he was riding while hitting him a few times. I focused on his other horse so he would be stuck on foot, got it killed. The dude took cover as well as I by hiding my horse behind a rock and having an old fashion shoot out. I knew I was running out of time before he got a few more lucky shots on at my horse so I decided to head back to the outpost and gather what I could to build a storage place. (common sense told me I would be scorched earthed soon).

I made a storage place and made it back just in time to see the guy from earlier with his posse. One guy blew me away with a shotgun and that was all she wrote. I spawned back inside my fort, geared with what I had and went to fight them outside, but they were ready and just executed me upon opening the door.

Good fun. Game is really empty of anything other than raiding and shooting people. It's buggy and you need to build brick to prevent anyone from quickly breaking into your fort.

I joined a private RP PVP server called Crickelwood State (or something like that). If you go on the Outlaws discord you will see the server info in the In Game Meetup discord room. Haven’t gotten PVP yet but just started this weekend. There is a policy, which I like, of no building destruction but it will be hard for them to ensure it. The Crickelwood discord has seen complaints of thieves. But just don’t keep anything in excess, and getting basic stuff in this game for combat isn’t hard.
Actually I did kill one person but it was an accident. I thought they were an NPC. I love using the long range rifle and then just keeping a pistol with me if attacked by wolves while walking around or riding my horse.
Don't s'pose there are any Augustus McCrae's running around already, or Woodrow Call's? lol. The game's equivalent to a pirate games' Jack Sparrow.
(04-01-2019, 07:06 AM)Kiefer Wrote: Don't s'pose there are any Augustus McCrae's running around already, or Woodrow Call's?  lol.   The game's equivalent to a pirate games' Jack Sparrow.

I thought it would have been Doc Holliday or Wyatt Earp.

So does this game have a class that allows you to throw Dynamite at people? If you've got a couple minutes check out these videos it's hilarious tabletop role-playing game story.

https://youtu.be/ZwVvErZKNX4
[should not have shot the dolphin]
You can make dynamite and also loot it off an NPC miner that you can fight if you see him while riding around.

In mostly unrelated news, "Last Oasis" is another survival MMO about to enter early access. Someone posted about it on the Atlas reddit. I decided to look it up.

DON'T DO IT! It's by Donkey Crew, the same turds who brought us the totally false advertisement "Of Kings and Men" which was so poorly done even a second development team couldn't save it and is now delisted on Steam.

I didn't think it deserved its own thread.

They're also using Unreal Engine 4 so they'll have the exact same problems as everyone else.

We really gotta get a real MMO engine out there. Every time I see a game uses UE4 I just go "oh god" because it's going to have all the same problems.
Its a trend to release unfinished games.... I suppose the only thing that keeps me in OOW is the constant assholes I get to fight. I have been wiped 3 times but in Purge fashion is head over to there place destroy anything and everything possible while trying to survive. The last time I was at my riding around my little outpost and notice the 3 dickheads checking out my place again. I have built a really annoying place to break into and then fill the safes with rotten foods. I keep backups of the crafting stations already built and hidden in a different section and just throw those down right after the destroy the other stations. Sometimes I just put 100 wood in my furnace to burn so it looks like I am cooking metals. You can see smoke from distance so they assume I am home and begin checking the place out while I am in the hills with my rifle ready to kill the horses so they are stuck running back to their outpost. Needless to say they F-cking hate me. I love it! They started it....... so ya!

Thought I’d check back into Outlaws to switch things up. Smile Started playing on an official PVP server. Have two small cabins built but haven’t gotten structures for guns yet. (Hide is a pain in the arse early on). Plan to just have small stash houses built in multiple areas so if raided, I have multiple places to go. And I’ll use screenshots to keep track of where these are as you can have only 1 bed and 1 marker on the map. Already got shot at by another player. There are some players in chat. But like Conan, it’s a big world so may be hard to find PvP. Plus it’s not as busy as when it first came out. I don’t worry about keeping a horse, and the micromanagement of keeping it fed and hydrated, will just lasso a new one when needed. But I look forward to running around on horseback with a long range rifle, looking for people to shoot. You will find people near the rivers and lake but you can build a well anywhere so water is no big deal. Everyone starts out in the approximately same area so head out (or build nearby for more PVP but a better chance of being raided).
You will want to get a brick base setup asap because that will prevent raiding without explosives. I uninstalled this awhile ago. It was fun only because it was me against everyone on the server. It sounds like a good teaching game for you though. Horses are easy to get but the leveled up ones are much better than the freshly trained ones.
Conan you spent 98% of the time in the starting area, but it sounds like you are learning and I think that is GREAT!!! Keep it up!

Do people still play this game? Is it getting regular updates?
I stopped playing bc it was buggy. They added a decay timer, like in Conan Exiles, but it was glitched. My base decayed, on both PvP and PVE servers, after 4 days when it was supposed to be 7 days. They may have fixed it but I haven’t gone back, going to wait a while.