Trump Threat of Tariffs Pays Off?
This seems like a huge win to me.  

Quote:Link
President Trump tweeted Friday night that a deal had been signed with Mexico to avoid tariffs that were set to start Monday. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo more formally announced the agreement shortly thereafter. 

The announcement avoids what economists and Republicans feared would be damaging to the U.S. economy. According to Mexico's foreign minister, the agreement calls for Mexico to deploy its national guard throughout the country, as well as allow migrants to wait in Mexico while their asylum claims are adjudicated. The agreement also calls for Mexico to offer jobs, health care and education. 

"I am pleased to inform you that The United States of America has reached a signed agreement with Mexico," the president tweeted Friday night. "The Tariffs scheduled to be implemented by the U.S. on Monday, against Mexico, are hereby indefinitely suspended. Mexico, in turn, has agreed to take strong measures to...stem the tide of Migration through Mexico, and to our Southern Border. This is being done to greatly reduce, or eliminate, Illegal Immigration coming from Mexico and into the United States. Details of the agreement will be released shortly by the State Department. Thank you!"
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
From Trump's perspective it is a win. This does nothing to address the underlying causes of the mass exodus. Give it 1 year or less and the Mexicans will be sick of letting in Central Americans. From there they either expedite moving people up to the US, or close their border to migrants/refugees. 

You watch this happen in enough places around the world and you will see the same things happening over and over. Also expect to see a huge bump in human trafficking in Mexico as people will be forced into the sex slave and modern slave trade. I wish this wasn't the case, but it happens.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
HE'S QUICK, HE'S STRONG, HE'S ACTIVE!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
This is a waste. Illegal immigration is already illegal. Having a corrupt Mexican government help isn't really help. I am glad the tariff was lifted though. That one would have hurt.
After reading up on this, the Mexican government had already agreed to do all of this back in March. So Trumps show of do this or else was again just showmanship. 

We get to see how corrupt the the new semi-police-paramilitary Mexican National Guard is. Like Vlad said, having a corrupt government help isn't really help. I would say you may hear stories in the next year about corruption, robbery, and murder involving the new National Guard, but the life expectancy of journalists investigating those things in Mexico isn't very long. 

More than likely you will find out about the crimes committed by them when people find some mass graves. Maybe one day Mexico will get there shit together, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Well it is kinda of a moot point atm since the Mexican National Guard exists more on paper than it does in reality.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
HE'S QUICK, HE'S STRONG, HE'S ACTIVE!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
(06-08-2019, 11:30 AM)Zouji Wrote: From Trump's perspective it is a win. This does nothing to address the underlying causes of the mass exodus. Give it 1 year or less and the Mexicans will be sick of letting in Central Americans. From there they either expedite moving people up to the US, or close their border to migrants/refugees. 

You watch this happen in enough places around the world and you will see the same things happening over and over. Also expect to see a huge bump in human trafficking in Mexico as people will be forced into the sex slave and modern slave trade. I wish this wasn't the case, but it happens.

I would bet money the Democrats are marketing to people south of the border to come here for free stuff.... Yes seriously.