Steam Winter Sale
Any gems?

I saw Elite Dangerous on sale again for instance but Dharus seems to have moved on to Eve.

Too many games to fit in signature....
If you are a fan of squad-based games, empire-building, and living-world(like Mount&Blade), 'Kenshi' looks like a good pick which combines all three of those together with RPG aspects as well. Very Positive reviews overall, with over 3000 Overwhelmingly Positive recent reviews. 40% off during the sale. Looks like quite a bit of replay-ability if you like that sort of game so worth it at under $20 during the sale.

Watching some Let's Play footage on youtube it blends a fair amount of survival and crafting in there too, with many of your games probably ending in the first fight when you get a broken leg and can't crawl to water before dying of thirst. Losing limbs is a very common thing, but even in the apocalyptic setting there are peg-legs, spring-loaded legs, and even mechanical bionic limbs that you can eventually get your hands on.
(12-27-2019, 08:17 AM)Arsilon Wrote: Any gems?

I saw Elite Dangerous on sale again for instance but Dharus seems to have moved on to Eve.

ED is a okay game for cheap but its not really a conflict oriented game.  The economy is mostly NPC based, faction warfare is mostly NPC based (and you can mode skip PvP), exploration is neat but VERY solo (you can be away from a base for multiple days worth of gameplay hours), and PvP is very high learning curve.  It also lacks a bit of player built stuff that so many games have available.  Most of that is why I moved to Eve.

I don't see ED as a Purge game.
(01-01-2020, 07:46 PM)Dharus Wrote: It also lacks a bit of player built stuff that so many games have available.

Yeah after playing all these other build-and-destroy games, I think this is key. It really adds a lot of "something to do" to the games, and something to fight over.

In what I now consider to be the unlikely event that Star Citizen ever releases, it's been a concern of mine: unless they roll out a big player construction feature (and afaik that's not anywhere in the road map?), then all that space and all those planets won't be very interesting.
(01-01-2020, 11:43 PM)Slamz Wrote:
(01-01-2020, 07:46 PM)Dharus Wrote: It also lacks a bit of player built stuff that so many games have available.

Yeah after playing all these other build-and-destroy games, I think this is key. It really adds a lot of "something to do" to the games, and something to fight over.

In what I now consider to be the unlikely event that Star Citizen ever releases, it's been a concern of mine: unless they roll out a big player construction feature (and afaik that's not anywhere in the road map?), then all that space and all those planets won't be very interesting.

Yup, same thought here.  They mentioned years ago that prefab bases maybe a thing on planets but I don't know where that went other than "talk".