Conan Exiles
So what happened over the past few days? I haven't been able to log on since Friday because of work.
(01-14-2020, 12:24 PM)AnneWildcat Wrote: I’d say even build one base in each biome so we experience all the purges.

"If you build two bases without being able to defend the first you will make the Purge hit us faster. Every action speeds up the Purge. If you build two, basically the purge may kick off before you get either done. We have to build one and be able to defend it before we build the second".

(01-14-2020, 01:55 PM)Maren Wrote: So what happened over the past few days? I haven't been able to log on since Friday because of work.

We reset the server.  Not sure if you have played since then.  We have been building a base near the galleon and found probably the hardest purge as we have been annihilated, I believe, every purge.
I'd be interested if you guys do a FFA 1 man clan with higher thrall limit but keeping the hard settings. Or maybe I'll look into setting it up. I'll have to see if my old server works.
Maren Wrote:So what happened over the past few days? I haven't been able to log on since Friday because of work.

Multiple things happened!

1. Our based at the Nordhiems was wiped by the Purge.
2. The Volcano base was an utter failure. The Purge spawn in the lava and all die and the place we built is not reachable and likely to end with Purge teleporting into the base.
3. Given that we would have to start over we did just that, saved the server and started it over. Since we had a set of rules in mind we recreated the server with a new rule set.
4. We got ourselves set up, built up and every day since the Purge has wiped us. We finally found some Purges we can't beat, at least haven't yet. The Disciples of Sobek have utterly destroyed us every time they purge. When I say "destroy us", I mean they have left us like 2 or 3 foundations. Everything else has been completely destroyed.
5. We learned a lot more on how to get the tougher purges and where and how we have to live to give us the greater challenge. This has resulted in our asses getting kicked daily. We are getting better though.

Basically we have been living out of boxes so the Purge doesn't eat our shit.
Anne,

Re-bind to your bed, I had to move it for a sec.
Anne and I started on an official server, 1808 if anyone wants to join us. At least all the official pvp servers have 2x gather! I picked server for its above average unique logins per week but it wasnt the top 5 or so.

I wont be on tomorrow, so here are objectives in order of priority

*Gather brimstone in Gator cave to make Steel tools/weapons
*Get base upgraded to Stonebrick (outer foundations and walls/ceilings), bake bricks, make shaped wood, craft iron reinforcements
*Put down the smallest thrall wheel and start getting artisan thralls from dafari camps (blacksmith, carpenter, smelter, tanner)
*Scout other nearby bases for free loot
*Find other good hiding spots (make a repair hammer to see decay timer on stuff that is not in the radius of our base), you may have to drop several foundations and stuff in the vicinity of hiding spot to increase total decay time
[should not have shot the dolphin]
my body guard is stuck in the rocks at Bat base.

I went there to get the recipie's and crashed while climbing the base. He is now on scout inside the rocks and I can't get him out. That pretty much eliminates one body guard slot until we somehow randomly get a new one?
Maybe he pops back out after server restart.  I'm travelling but it will automatically restart tomorrow morning at 6am.

Worst case we do a +1 to the count so we aren't penalized until we find a better solution.

Too many games to fit in signature....
(01-15-2020, 01:04 AM)Diggles Wrote: Anne and I started on an official server, 1808 if anyone wants to join us.  At least all the official pvp servers have 2x gather!  I picked server for its above average unique logins per week but it wasnt the top 5 or so.

I wont be on tomorrow, so here are objectives in order of priority

*Gather brimstone in Gator cave to make Steel tools/weapons
*Get base upgraded to Stonebrick (outer foundations and walls/ceilings), bake bricks, make shaped wood, craft iron reinforcements
*Put down the smallest thrall wheel and start getting artisan thralls from dafari camps (blacksmith, carpenter, smelter, tanner)
*Scout other nearby bases for free loot
*Find other good hiding spots (make a repair hammer to see decay timer on stuff that is not in the radius of our base), you may have to drop several foundations and stuff in the vicinity of hiding spot to increase total decay time
I made a character on 1808, didn't know where you all setup so I started in the usual spot near old Hyena Base, around the corner.

Dophuz and I fought the Sobek Disciples by ourselves.

We only fought one wave, we only had a few minutes left on the timer so we didn't bother killing the last one to start the next wave.

It cost us all our thralls (including most in the box and all of our non elite pets) the only survivors was the dancer, gator and 1 new Sully.

We only lost about 1/4 of the base however we would have lost more but we were pulling fighters away from the base. They just reached the chewy center when we started making headway by throwing two sets of gator pets we had in the cupboard. Dophuz was pooring oil on their heads.

We did get the Map room up, start tuning so you can start teleporting.
Arsilon Wrote:Maybe he pops back out after server restart.  I'm travelling but it will automatically restart tomorrow morning at 6am.

Worst case we do a +1 to the count so we aren't penalized until we find a better solution.

I got him back. He was stuck in the wall but I pulled the Bat Boss over to him who does an AOE so that made him walk out. Otherwise that would have sucked.

As a side note the Thrall Max was working perfectly. When fighting the Disciples last night I had all the non elite croc pets in my inventory. When I was placing them on the ground it wouldn't let me drop more than the limit. I would drop them, wait for some to die then drop some more. We went through 12 croc's that way.

Probably not what we intended when playing against the Purge but it felt like an acceptable way to fight. I was doing the same thing with the Sully's. Obviously after all the simple shit was killed first.
So did they go through the foundations, or break in and start destroying walls? I had upgraded all of the bottom floor to T3 foundations and outer walls (not enough resources for T3 inner walls)
(01-16-2020, 12:24 PM)Maren Wrote: So did they go through the foundations, or break in and start destroying walls? I had upgraded all of the bottom floor to T3 foundations and outer walls (not enough resources for T3 inner walls)

Yep, they not only destroyed a bunch on the outside but some of the inside walls as well. They made it to the middle of the building until we could kill enough to slow down the momentum. 
I am getting better and learning how to use redundancy to keep things intact as much as possible.
(01-15-2020, 08:22 PM)Crice Wrote: I made a character on 1808, didn't know where you all setup so I started in the usual spot near old Hyena Base, around the corner.

We are just north around the corner from gator brimstone cave on the noob river.  I was just watching some videos on base locations to try and find something that will be decent and cheap while we level.  I'll prob do some scouting tonite.  I'm lvl 28.  I stole 1k worth of oil fish from some guys fish trap farm last nite LOL.
The place around the corner is stock. I found some neighbors that didn't want their stuff anymore. My new gaming tactic is have nothing and break into everything. I have some thralls and all T2'd atm.

(01-16-2020, 08:45 PM)Crice Wrote: The place around the corner is stock. I found some neighbors that didn't want their stuff anymore. My new gaming tactic is have nothing and break into everything. I have some thralls and all T2'd atm.

What does 'is stock' mean?
Anne, I got up to steel level today and made us a set of tools and applied the toolkits to them, just put them back in smithy when done. If you are on before raid time and thralls are done, move them into lower blacksmith area to be the most protected. I'm still a few stonebrick ceiling tiles short on the 2nd floor. There are also armor patches in bench
Is stocked is up with stuff is what I meant. If you are on lets join up in a guild and feel free to use whatever is at the place around the corner. We need blacksmith and alchemist but other than that we are good. I also found some legendary weapons inside some dudes base. Help yourself!

Can you guys start sleeping near your beds?

Everything time I am trying to fix something your bodies on either laying on it or in the way. You can safely sleep in the area's where the beds are. Those area's are blocked off from attack.
OK, so we determined the variability between the purge types makes it impossible to find optimal settings.  If you make the easy ones difficult enough to be anything other than a nuisance, the harder ones become impossible.  Unless we can find a mod that allows you to control what purges you get and/or more directly control what their make up is, what we were trying to do isn't really possible.

Similarly, I'm not sure it's possible to get the right balance on Thralls.  The default mobs are too difficult to play without a Thrall, and having one, even the crappy kind makes even the most difficult content more than manageable.  While you can force stats on Thralls using admin commands, you can only control certain things via admin commands and not others.

For anyone that cares or is interested, we finished doing the dungeon rounds to collect the 7 artifacts.  This was pretty easily 2 manned w/ not even max level thralls.

When you put the pieces together and use the item you get the nice cut scene of your character (and thrall/pet) walking through the desert off into the sunset.

It then deletes your character and puts you back to character creation.  

So while I do have world backups, seemed like a good point to look at Albion given what we wanted to do with Purge difficulty balance seemed to not be possible without further direct settings, admin commands and/or mods that we don't believe exist.