7 days
I ragequit last night after getting killed. Too stressful when I was already stressed over a project I have to do. But I will be back in game.
Anne,

You did just try to run into the hardest building I think we ever had to clear. That was a tough one to get into.
I ragequit it originally when I first tried to go in there and died earlier. (I think Slamz died going in the previous day as well)

Agree that building was nuts and in no way is soloable. Only reason we went back was because Vllad and I wanted to farm the doors for Brass.

Too many games to fit in signature....
There probably should be more teaming up in general. I think the intended melee meta (from looking at the skills) is that hammers help control groups (T5 perk skill has a 60% chance of AE knockdown) while clubs help control individuals (also with knockdown) and blades (machete) deal AE damage.

I do pretty well with the sledge solo but if 3 or more zombies come it gets tricky and I usually switch to shotgun and blast away.

With sledge and miner skills (increased block damage) I have taken to just busting through walls rather than ever take the intended path. I look for trap areas and bust out the walls beside them and can typically take out the trap-zombies unawares. Also, by busting the top half of a wall rather than the door, zombies will rush you and attack the bottom half of the wall trying to get at you so you have some time to aim or use melee to take them out cheaper.

I also advise heavy armor all around. Whatever the advantages of lighter armor, I don't think it matters at this difficulty setting. You need maximum damage mitigation, so heavy armor + load each piece of armor with a banded armor mod.
[Image: 1503101-koolaidman.jpg]
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
HE'S QUICK, HE'S STRONG, HE'S ACTIVE!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
Stop!
Hammer time.
https://youtu.be/0fRzHMumDC0

The AE knock-down of the power swings and just the knock-down in general is nice. That's full points in hammer. Note that sometimes it doesn't knock down and that's usually where I can get into real trouble -- 3 or 4 bad hits in a row against angry zombies.
(03-15-2020, 01:57 PM)Slamz Wrote: Stop!
Hammer time.
https://youtu.be/0fRzHMumDC0

The AE knock-down of the power swings and just the knock-down in general is nice. That's full points in hammer. Note that sometimes it doesn't knock down and that's usually where I can get into real trouble -- 3 or 4 bad hits in a row against angry zombies.

Good video, multiple melee types working together makes melee quite good. Soloing that group would have been impossible just melee. 

I really enjoyed Slamz's bunker, you can do melee and have way more devastating shotgun blast. It is actually better suited for no 7.62. I wonder if it can take 4 or 5 people though. I can see it getting overwhelmed. We should do 3 next and see how it goes. I will be better prepared next time.
Yeah my bunker would take less damage if it was one higher but you'd get a lot less chances for melee. The way it is now is just about ideal if you have at least one person with a hammer in there. I power swing til I get a good group knockdown, then put a few shotgun shells into the pile of zombies and repeat. Just watch out when standing near the opening, or when legless zombies are around. They can still hit you back. There's a sweet spot about 1.5 blocks away where I find I can hit the zombies but they can't hit me. Bring plenty of heals. Or stand back and shotgun them. The secret sauce to the structure is that angled piece Arsilon found. In his, they just spend forever trying to get up the slope. In mine, since it's shorter, they get swings in but still spend half the time sliding on the slope and not swinging, so it cuts the damage while putting them in melee range.

I logged off after fixing it back up. It still needs a little steel repairs so if you use it before I'm on you might bring some steel and concrete and touch it up. (We'll need to mine more iron.)

I rigged up an electric fence which is kinda fun, if rather obnoxious.

The wiring:
All electric on my bunker goes through a timer that runs from dusk til dawn.
The electric fence additionally runs through a switch up top (so you can more easily turn it off for repairs)

If you use it for a blood moon, turn the fence on. Until the fence posts get blown up, they're pretty effective at stopping the zombies in prime shotgun range.
Gloomy night. We got destroyed a couple of times. Once we got overwhelmed and the other was just bad luck.

It eliminated all our shotguns and armor capabilities. So... we set off in a big group to do just melee to make up for some items loss and not waste ammo. That went well at least.
Unless they destroyed the trader box in the house, feel free to take coins in there and buy guns and ammo at the trader. I’ll be back in game after I finish the project I’m working on, probably this weekend.
Game was on sale on steam for less than $10 so I got it. Now everyone can stop playing.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
(03-18-2020, 09:04 AM)Zouji Wrote: Game was on sale on steam for less than $10 so I got it. Now everyone can stop playing.

It is a fantastic solo game as long as you don't mind the hard core portions of it.
You guys should really try the Warhammer private server.  The game is a ton of fun and could use some company!
I got my Archmage up to lvl 13 or so.

Order need more organized players and tanks! KotBS are apparently sought after and Swordmasters have decent DPS
[should not have shot the dolphin]
Meh. I'm about as interested in Warhammer as I was in going back for WOW Classic. Warhammer rates as "merely okay" in my book, suffering mainly from a lackluster and pointless PvP implementation. Kinda like Rift, really. Or GW2 or ESO or STO. Nothing specifically wrong with it but the lack of a PvP focus ruins most of the point and the PvE was nothing to write home about.
neither Rift nor STO had open world PVP to speak of. WAR is no different than Planetside, Naval Action, ESO, GW2...winners get a reward and then the zone locks for a period of time. I'm not sure how much impact or meaning you are expecting. Sure CU will have some badass sieges but so does WAR, they added even more Fort attack & City siege modes just like NewWorld is going to have.

I would think you guys would want to flex your PVP muscles instead of grinding mindlessly against terrible AI.
The AI isn't terrible in this game. At least it isn't on the settings we are playing at. Zombies gonna zombie.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
Nothing else is worth playing. PVE isn't my first choice. We have the settings on difficult mode which is making it interesting by requiring changes to our tactics. You have to be on your toes at all times or you die and start over naked. Everything goes poof so be careful.

I suggested we try a public pvp server but I really don't know what to expect as I haven't been on one.

(03-20-2020, 12:54 PM)Diggles Wrote: neither Rift nor STO had open world PVP to speak of.  WAR is no different than Planetside, Naval Action, ESO, GW2...winners get a reward and then the zone locks for a period of time.  I'm not sure how much impact or meaning you are expecting.  Sure CU will have some badass sieges but so does WAR, they added even more Fort attack & City siege modes just like NewWorld is going to have. 

I would think you guys would want to flex your PVP muscles instead of grinding mindlessly against terrible AI.
Having a great time..in warhammer.  They had a stress test and had over 1k people in the Nordland zone w/o lag.  They also upgraded the servers from 2.9 gz to 4.0+gz ( about 10 time faster than the original Ea/Mythic ones).  Runs wonderfully.
(03-20-2020, 01:53 PM)Crice Wrote: Nothing else is worth playing. PVE isn't my first choice. We have the settings on difficult mode which is making it interesting by requiring changes to our tactics. You have to be on your toes at all times or you die and start over naked. Everything goes poof so be careful.

I suggested we try a public pvp server but I really don't know what to expect as I haven't been on one.

It is worse than Conan but pretty much the same thing. No loot, easy settings, 40 max per server. I already tried out the PVP and it sucked. Even if you win everyone would just pick up and leave. People swap servers so much since their is no way to find anything competing with 40 other players. 

The settings are god awful as well.
Come on guys. Don't log off at 22:01 on Bloodmoon night. Do the goddamn RODEO!

I log on somewhere I crashed and I was swarmed by zombies and killed. WTF was something thinking?

At the very least warn someone.
(03-20-2020, 04:22 PM)Dophuz Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 12:54 PM)Diggles Wrote: neither Rift nor STO had open world PVP to speak of.  WAR is no different than Planetside, Naval Action, ESO, GW2...winners get a reward and then the zone locks for a period of time.  I'm not sure how much impact or meaning you are expecting.  Sure CU will have some badass sieges but so does WAR, they added even more Fort attack & City siege modes just like NewWorld is going to have. 

Having a great time..in warhammer.  They had a stress test and had over 1k people in the Nordland zone w/o lag.  They also upgraded the servers from 2.9 gz to 4.0+gz ( about 10 time faster than the original Ea/Mythic ones).  Runs wonderfully.

Doph, what is your characters names? what tier?
one of my legit best online times ever was flying into some border wall of a keep with Doph, Orsun and I can't remember dudes name, he played a hunter in WoW and took over <PvP> in it's later days.... We dropped onto this wall while the other team was attacking the keep and we held the top floor for quite a while. They changed the PvP dynamics quite a bit, but it was just too late, it was on life support. Dipping my toe in the PvP pool several years later I was super impressed, it was just way too late. I should role an Ironbreaker I loved that class even though I can't fucking stand dwarves.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
(03-20-2020, 05:44 PM)Diggles Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 04:22 PM)Dophuz Wrote:

Doph, what is your characters names? what tier?
Dewphuzz Kotbs tier 1,  Malfuntioz Engy tier 1,  Myzchyffs  WL tier 1
Doph....server is down?

Too many games to fit in signature....
New settings: If you die you start over at level 1.