Witcher series
Sort of assuming everyone else in the world already saw this anyway but figured I'd drop a note: if you haven't seen it, I'm greatly enjoying the Witcher series so far. Heard mixed reviews so I hadn't bothered watching it but what-else-ya-got-going-on-these-days. Actually curious if people-who-didn't-read-the-books would find it confusing or not. Like the books, it likes to jump around in the timeline with no announcement, which I find faintly annoying. Also, I find Geralt's "husky / just chain-smoked like 5 packs of cigarettes" voice gets on my nerves a bit but overall it's a good blend of action / adventure / story / humor.
Never played any of the Witcher games or read the books. Tried to start watching the series but just couldn't get into it.
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
I think you at least had to either played the games or read the books. I never read any of the books and was able to at least follow along with only a few plot holes I was a little lost on but could at least get the gist of.

I think if you had neither read the book nor played the games, I agree, it might be hard to get into -- one of those things you'd really need to power through the first few episodes since you have no real concept of where the story was coming from or where it might be headed to give you any reason to want to watch.

Too many games to fit in signature....
Yeah, it wasn't bad but entertaining.
It is not a good show by any means. However, it is entertaining.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
HE'S QUICK, HE'S STRONG, HE'S ACTIVE!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
Entertaining is good! It's kind of like Xena meets Game of Thrones. Humor and action meets serious business drama.

The disconnected storylines are annoying but I also thought that was true of the books, so in that sense I'd call it "a loyal representation of the books", albeit the books gave you more time to eventually go "ohhh, wait a second, this chapter is like 30 years ago". The TV show is more like "hey isn't that guy the husband from the last episode? Ohhhh, right, unannounced flashback time again."
Yeah you have shows out there that are good and have real plot etc. Then you have shows like, The Witcher. Both are entertaining for entirely different reasons. 

If you want to watch a great sci-fi show on Netflix, then you should check out Dark. The last season should be coming out in a month or two. Be advised, it is a foreign language show (German).
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
(05-17-2020, 06:35 PM)Zouji Wrote: Yeah you have shows out there that are good and have real plot etc. Then you have shows like, The Witcher. Both are entertaining for entirely different reasons. 

If you want to watch a great sci-fi show on Netflix, then you should check out Dark. The last season should be coming out in a month or two. Be advised, it is a foreign language show (German).

Personally, I kind of like Altered Carbon but I'll check out Dark as well.
I enjoyed Altered Carbon, though I have yet to watch the new season. Maybe that'll be next after I finish The Witcher.

Tried to watch season 2 of Westworld but couldn't get into it even though I thoroughly enjoyed season 1.

I did enjoy the latest season of The Expanse as well, though season 4 was not as good as 3. I just find the character of James Holden to be very consistently slightly annoying.
James Holden is the Jon Snow of the Expanse. He knows nothing. 

Dark is probably the best actual science fiction show I have seen in years.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
I highly recommend watching Dark in the original German with subtitles, the dubbed version is jarring and weird IMO. Great story but really really dense. It's not a casual watch, there's a lot of shit going on in this show.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
I read the books did the games and watched the show.

I had a really hard time with the show keeping the timeline straight. I know the story well and was still getting confused. Primarily they jumped back and forth and edited multiple timelines different than the books. The books jump as well but the show went nuts with jumping around. To me the show basically took the majority of the books and consolidated it into a single season.

I was a little disappointed in the show the first viewing.

However once I watched it a second time I felt much better about it. Henry plays Geralt really well and Yennefer is really well done. They butchered Trish. Let's hope they can recover with Trish. She is too important to the story otherwise.

I am a big Ciri fan in the books and games but so far not so much on the show.