Ok now shower me with love!
Really have been thinking about the old VZ crew for years! Was a lifetime ago but Miss and love you all!
For Innoruuk!!

Got a Discord? I can join... although it would be freaky to hear your voices since we did that shit with keyboard.
We have a discord but still use TeamSpeak more.
We somewhat split up among different games atm.  Myself Slamz and 2 others are playing World of Warships because like ship games (We also played Pirates of the Burning Sea, Naval Action, Atlas, Battlefleet Gothic Armada2, Eve, etc).

Do you have a Steam friend link you can post?
[should not have shot the dolphin]
Powercord613
Teamspeak? ugh hehe
Yeah we probably should move to Discord really. Been paying for a Teamspeak server forever and now-a-days there's no special reason for it. We are mostly just lazy and resistant to change. (It's also one more thing to maintain but so far I've been able to make Arsilon do that one...)

We've pretty well run the gauntlet of games. (The "Island of Forgotten Games" pretty well lists every major title we've played over the last 15 years or so.) The massively multiplayer genre has really been a letdown over the last 5 years, though. Maybe longer, depending on how you wanna measure it.

I honestly don't think anyone in the gaming industry [with the money to do so] cares about making long term deep games anymore.
The strategy game crew is playing board games on Tabletop Simulator. If you are a fan of combat, political, and/or backstabbing games then you may enjoy it. Some of the best entertainment is the justifications for alliances/betrayals (sometimes both at the same time) that are given. 

The strat crew is Zouji, Vladd, Dophuz, Zan, Arslion, and Maren. 

There is another group of purgies that plays games and they talk in the public channel. No clue what they are playing.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
HE'S QUICK, HE'S STRONG, HE'S ACTIVE!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
literally logged on 1h ago to see what yall where up to and this thread is here!

so good to know some things stay the same.

can we all find a mmorpg to play during covid please?  

im currently trying to figure out how to resurrect my lvl 12 barbarian shaman because i was listening to a podcast about the fall of rome and the barbarians across the danube sounded pretty tight.  i was all like bitches should have had more torpor and theyd have won earlier.
--
GW2: Ivanapoo!
Games I like in no particular order and I don't profess to be a master of any of them.

WOW(Although my account is currently inactive sick of that grind, the change in characters consistently)
7 Days to Die( Do you guys have a dedicated server or someone just hosts?) Never played with MODs really
Ark
Demi God (although it seems to crash in single player now)
Table Top Simulator( have played many of the Star Wars games) , Star Trek Ascendancy(Fast excellent Strategy game)
Would love to play Firefly, D&D or anything really. TTS is something amazing!

Hunt Showdown(Really a cool idea/game) see lots of complaints about cheaters.
War of Rights is shaping up nicely
Supreme Commander is cool(But I am bad at RTS)

I have a whole hell of a lot of games and would be willing to give others a go pop me a message.
Of the games you mention specifically here's the most recent skinny:

WoW: A few of us did check it out again when they relaunched the vanilla server. The PvP ended up going very quickly back to battlegrounds which really killed it again for many of us that did go back to try it again.

7 Days to Die: A few of us did have a 'dedicated' server up for a bit running off Slamz's extra machine (performance was surprisingly good all things considered). That ran its course when we couldn't make it hard enough; it got to a point where there was no point to it unless we started creating artificial rules on what we were going to allow ourselves to do/not do. Some of the patch they discussed might fix some of it but we've been doing other things since then and haven't been back to check it out. Crice might be able to give a better update as I think he's the only one currently dabbling in it.

Tabletop Simulator: A few of us have been playing in here of late in such games as Kings Dilemma, Gloomhaven, Game of Thrones, Terraforming Mars, Food Chain Magnate, etc. We tested out some Star Trek Ascendencay and managed to find the gamebreaking rules in our first playthrough -- tried a second time with some alternate rules and hit another gamebreaking situation even faster the 2nd go around. We just started a Here I Stand 6 player game last night.

Best advice, as always, pop into TeamSpeak and you'll find the whoever is around in whichever of the rooms.

Mostly of late you'll find the TableTop crew in one area and the World of Warships folks in another.

Too many games to fit in signature....
(08-09-2020, 08:52 AM)Arsilon Wrote: Of the games you mention specifically here's the most recent skinny:

WoW:  A few of us did check it out again when they relaunched the vanilla server.  The PvP ended up going very quickly back to battlegrounds which really killed it again for many of us that did go back to try it again.

7 Days to Die:  A few of us did have a 'dedicated' server up for a bit running off Slamz's extra machine (performance was surprisingly good all things considered).  That ran its course when we couldn't make it hard enough;  it got to a point where there was no point to it unless we started creating artificial rules on what we were going to allow ourselves to do/not do.  Some of the patch they discussed might fix some of it but we've been doing other things since then and haven't been back to check it out.  Crice might be able to give a better update as I think he's the only one currently dabbling in it.

Tabletop Simulator:  A few of us have been playing in here of late in such games as Kings Dilemma, Gloomhaven, Game of Thrones, Terraforming Mars, Food Chain Magnate, etc.  We tested out some Star Trek Ascendencay and managed to find the gamebreaking rules in our first playthrough -- tried a second time with some alternate rules and hit another gamebreaking situation even faster the 2nd go around.  We just started a Here I Stand 6 player game last night.

Best advice, as always, pop into TeamSpeak and you'll find the whoever is around in whichever of the rooms.

Mostly of late you'll find the TableTop crew in one area and the World of Warships folks in another.

Thanks!
As to 7 Days to Die you could always pick a city/town put it on PVP and gank, trap and hide from each other until people shout uncle!
Shocked you Survival guys don't give ARK a try there is a really good free map called Ragnarok with plenty of horrible and interesting ways to die while scratching the build itch. The Game is Jawdroppingly beautiful also. Taming and Riding a Gryphon is worth the price itself, seriously you might lose your lunch. Wyverns, Titanosaurus, Trex, Giganotosaurus (such a monster)

More COOl games are Osiris New Dawn
Mordheim: City of the Damned(Interface is a little clunky but where else can you lose limbs and still be viable!)
Bloodbowl 2 Scratches Sports, Warhammer, Humour. Character Progression, Strategy and RNG all in one game! We could start a League and I know you guys would love it!
We tested out some Star Trek Ascendencay and managed to find the gamebreaking rules in our first playthrough -- tried a second time with some alternate rules and hit another gamebreaking situation even faster the 2nd go around.

Never had any issues in about 10 games with 4 people. Doesn't mean they don't exist just my experience. Maybe you let Ogres run the show?
Sithh Wrote:We tested out some Star Trek Ascendencay and managed to find the gamebreaking rules in our first playthrough -- tried a second time with some alternate rules and hit another gamebreaking situation even faster the 2nd go around.

Never had any issues in about 10 games with 4 people. Doesn't mean they don't exist just my experience. Maybe you let Ogres run the show?

hah, while that is true we found some issues right away.

1. You can arrange the warp lanes in a way that prevents people from ever getting to you. That leads to turtling and whomever gets the best culture tiles wins the game. Like most space games the combat isn't necessary.

2. The Borg set up is broken.

3. Only requiring 5 ascendancy is a broken mechanic. It should be more like 8.
Slamz Wrote:Yeah we probably should move to Discord really. Been paying for a Teamspeak server forever and now-a-days there's no special reason for it. We are mostly just lazy and resistant to change. (It's also one more thing to maintain but so far I've been able to make Arsilon do that one...)

TeamSpeak has paid dividends in picking fights as well. Can you really say that any chat program other than TeamSpeak has contributed to the PVP experience?
Was that really Teamspeak or was TS just the vessel for your general crotchityness?

Too many games to fit in signature....
Arsilon Wrote:Was that really Teamspeak or was TS just the vessel for your general crotchityness?

Let's just say it was best excuse to combat millennialism.
Well shit I ain't seen TS in 15 years!
(08-10-2020, 04:37 PM)Sithh Wrote: Well shit I ain't seen TS in 15 years!
Better because it's simpler and doesn't have all the flashy marketing bullshit
Quote:7 Days to Die: A few of us did have a 'dedicated' server up for a bit running off Slamz's extra machine (performance was surprisingly good all things considered). That ran its course when we couldn't make it hard enough; it got to a point where there was no point to it unless we started creating artificial rules on what we were going to allow ourselves to do/not do. Some of the patch they discussed might fix some of it but we've been doing other things since then and haven't been back to check it out. Crice might be able to give a better update as I think he's the only one currently dabbling in it.

I've continued playing 7d. The new alpha19 mostly just updated graphics. Higher resolution textures and new skins on zombies. A few new POIs and recipes. The loot progression is slower so you are using blunderbusses and primitive tools longer, but as far as difficulty goes I have noticed no difference from alpha18. You get hungry/thirsty faster, but that hasn't proven to be a problem for me either really.

The Darkness Falls mod does make the game harder, but it's much different than the vanilla game. You can find some "Let's Play" videos on Youtube if you want to check it out before downloading and installing it.

Quote:Yeah we probably should move to Discord really. Been paying for a Teamspeak server forever and now-a-days there's no special reason for it. We are mostly just lazy and resistant to change. (It's also one more thing to maintain but so far I've been able to make Arsilon do that one...)
I thought we stuck with TS because the codecs are so much better. Every time I've used Discord, even recently, it just sounds like trash.
I use Discord for my roleplaying group and people can't stay connected. It is quiet and the settings with headsets reset on their own. Your speakers being plugged in can impact your settings with your head set. Discord is cheap and you get what you pay for.
Dustie is playing Planetside 2 btw. I may brush that off at some point, when no one is playing WOWships. The last big update looked interesting but I haven't checked it out in a while.

PS2 is one of those games I never uninstall because I periodically go back to it. Still no other game out there quite like it. I actually think it got a new lease on life when their PUBG style offshoot attempt turned out to be a complete, absolute, unmitigated failure, so all those resources just went back to the core game.
I assume Dustie is on Emerald TR like the rest of you were?
PS2 is going strong at the moment. Since the bastion update it has continued to see love from the developers (small group but dedicated and active players themselves, so they generally have a good idea about what people want/need.

I'd love to tool around in it with a bigger group.
Gameless (for now)