Warhammer Total War 2
Certainly one of the best games ever made!

Shogun TW 2 is also really amazing
I read complaints that TW Warhammer 2 was too much about the big hero units and not enough about the actual troops. I thought the first one was great. I was less pleased with the overpriced expansion packs, though.
No doubt hero units are powerful but that is a building process(Faction Leader can lead army, Lords can Lead armies and Heroes are capped but add tweaks to both RTS and Campaign aspects) a friend of mine played nearly as many hours as I have and he rarely used Heroes. Playing as Dwarves, Empire and Brittonia I used Basic Units primarily.
I have 1453 hours played in this game and still dont have all the expansions. All of the Races have Multiple factions and with very very few exceptions Each Race/Faction plays SO very different.
The Music and Graphics are Epic.
Even after all this time playing I am still encountering new Battlefields, Magic Items and winning Strategies. This Game is a Masterpiece.
The only thing I don't like is ship encounters as they default to land Battles on a few simple island maps.
Fun to team up in a Mutiplayer Coop victory although the turns can take awhile that said you can Gift units in battle to your buddy.... or they can even assume the enemy units.
Quests with Cut scenes give a nice RP value.
Oh and you will shit your pants when The Chaos invasions come.
And yes some Expansions are hit or miss.