Elon Musk
Fine Crice, I put $10 into Crypto and already lost $.18... you mother fucker... Smile

Actually technically I lost $1.18, because of the service fee... but also got $5 in Bitcoin just for making a buy, so I guess technically I am up over $4.

I put it all into Doge coin, because it's funny. I'm not one that will actually care enough to watch the market in order to buy and will probably never put any more $ into this.

Odds are I'll forget this is even there and come back in 5 years and have nothing... or have $20.
I don't own kid gloves.

Steam Friend Code : 1636490
I wouldn't have bought DOGE, but maybe Elon will boost it again. Check out Crypto.com or the ticker CRO. I also like MANA which is a metaverse company.

(12-16-2021, 09:48 AM)Crice Wrote: I wouldn't have bought DOGE, but maybe Elon will boost it again. Check out Crypto.com or the ticker CRO. I also like MANA which is a metaverse company.
Yea, but you're trying to do it seriously, I'm just doing it because it's silly.
I don't own kid gloves.

I went on crypto.com and all the NFTs just made me think it's a bunch of bullshit... When Snoop is making hundreds of different NFT's and selling them all the time it's fucking stupid. It's like buying merch... And if this isn't what NFTs are about, I'm too dumb...
TinStar
96 99 44 4 33
what is mana? I kinda screwed around a bit on it but no idea what you are talking about.
TinStar
96 99 44 4 33
(12-15-2021, 08:15 PM)strife Wrote: (will also have to lose some of it's volatility)

This is why I think crypto is simply gambling at this point. I wonder how many people in America today would accept their paychecks in crypto. Even disregarding the fact that they would starve to death because grocery stores don't take crypto, my point is more that people don't want to be paid in a currency whose value tomorrow is unknown (and companies don't want to accept it, for the same reason). They think 6% inflation is bad, wait til they see 1000% inflation or deflation or alternating between the two.

NFTs almost seem to cement that view because the things people are selling with crypto are literally just useless virtual baubles with no intrinsic value. They're not exactly taking risks here.

Elon Musk will do it -- to some extent -- because he's kind of a wild card anyway. Pretty sure he's doing it "for the lolz", though. Risking Tesla's swag division by accepting crypto definitely seems like a Musk move.

Until grocery stores start taking it, it's just "virtual tulips".
(12-19-2021, 01:42 PM)Slamz Wrote:
(12-15-2021, 08:15 PM)strife Wrote: (will also have to lose some of it's volatility)

This is why I think crypto is simply gambling at this point. I wonder how many people in America today would accept their paychecks in crypto. Even disregarding the fact that they would starve to death because grocery stores don't take crypto, my point is more that people don't want to be paid in a currency whose value tomorrow is unknown (and companies don't want to accept it, for the same reason). They think 6% inflation is bad, wait til they see 1000% inflation or deflation or alternating between the two.

NFTs almost seem to cement that view because the things people are selling with crypto are literally just useless virtual baubles with no intrinsic value. They're not exactly taking risks here.

Elon Musk will do it -- to some extent -- because he's kind of a wild card anyway. Pretty sure he's doing it "for the lolz", though. Risking Tesla's swag division by accepting crypto definitely seems like a Musk move.

100% agree.  Crypto is like buying lottery tickets.  Maybe a little less risky, but not much.  Anyone who puts their future into Crypto is playing the lottery IMO.  

Elon Musk will do it because he has stupid money and could lose everything he has in Crypto(personally or through Tesla) and lose it and still have stupid money tomorrow.  Also, who's to say that even if he does except Crypto as a form of payment, he's not immediately cashing it out.  I'd be surprised if everything he receives in Crypto for purchases just stays in Crypto.
I don't own kid gloves.

(12-16-2021, 03:55 PM)TinStar Wrote: what is mana?  I kinda screwed around a bit on it but no idea what you are talking about.

MANA is a Metaverse company. https://www.coinbase.com/price/decentraland

This is the technology evolution for Metaverse. Do us old farts like this stuff? I don't know.

https://decentraland.org/

(12-16-2021, 02:09 PM)TinStar Wrote: I went on crypto.com and all the NFTs just made me think it's a bunch of bullshit...  When Snoop is making hundreds of different NFT's and selling them all the time it's fucking stupid.  It's like buying merch...  And if this isn't what NFTs are about, I'm too dumb...

NFTs. I think those are a fad and people should get rich of that ridiculousness before it's like the beanie babies.

(12-19-2021, 01:42 PM)Slamz Wrote:

It does feel a bit like gambling, although I limit risk as much as possible by doing my research before buying anything new. What does the company do? Where are they located? What is their vision? Play at your own risk and much like gambling don't invest/gamble what you can't afford to lose. Ride the dips, buy low and sell high. Somedays I will buy something early in the week during a dip and sell on a Saturday because its up 15-30%. Crypto.com seemed like a no-brainer. Great website name, good CEO, marketing is good and they are going down the road of providing credit cards which use Crypto. It was a complete surprise to me that they bought the naming rights on the LA stadium for the next 20 years. 

CRO and MANA are my long term, long term meaning a year if all goes well. We can then look back at this post and see if I was wrong.

People tell me to buy XRP but it's unlisted at the moment as they are fighting a lawsuit against our government. XRP believes gov should stay the f out of Crypto and I couldn't agree more. 

You can purchase crypto at Walmart. 

Major Retailers that take Crypto:
  • Microsoft. Microsoft has been accepting Bitcoin for use in its online Xbox Store since 2014. ...

• Overstock. Overstock is currently leading the way in the shopping and cryptocurrency field. ...

• Home Depot. ...

• Namecheap. ...

• Starbucks. ...

• Tesla (kind of) ...

• Electronics. ...

• Wikipedia.

I think Crypto was developed so that companies like crypto.com and coinbase could bank off the service fees on a stock market that is insane, especially if you're an emotional person. It's definitely the cool thing to do, which will draw a stupid audience. A stupid audience will do stupid stuff. Bam crypto.com is rich.

Now I'm not saying that non insane, non-emotional people can't participate, but maybe that's not who it's designed for (Granted, I'm still an idiot and literally have $0 invested in crypto and currently have $17.81 in my virtual wallet because they gave me free money, which I have currently lost $1.02 and spent $2 on service fees to sell the one currency that has grown since I opened my account lol)
TinStar
96 99 44 4 33
Yeah the crypto market is going to go bust as soon as quantum computing becomes feasible. Lucky for us, graphics cards should become more available and come down in price once that happens.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
HE'S QUICK, HE'S STRONG, HE'S ACTIVE!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
(12-20-2021, 07:59 PM)Zouji Wrote: Yeah the crypto market is going to go bust as soon as quantum computing becomes feasible. Lucky for us, graphics cards should become more available and come down in price once that happens.

I hate when people say stuff that sounds enticing, but I'm too lazy to look it up and too dumb to have any idea what they said actually means Sad
TinStar
96 99 44 4 33
[Image: ql22gyu7oq681.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...e782864481]
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
Mana is Decentraland (Metaverse) CRO is Crypto.com and provides DeFi, staking and credit cards that use your Crypto.

Quantum Computing doesn't change market cap.

Quantum computers will be exponentially faster than modern computers/super computers at generating new tokens. This will cause the market to crash as it will be flooded with new crypto coins. 

Complex logic chains, decryption/encryption, protein folding, etc are all things that will be done exceedingly quickly by quantum computers. I guarantee that as soon as it is feasible, someone will be using a quantum computer to make more crypto coins.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
HE'S QUICK, HE'S STRONG, HE'S ACTIVE!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
I think Tin & I are pretty much in agreement the point of Crypto. Crypto is there for 4 different types of people.

1. People who don't take it seriously or put any serious money in it, just have it there for the chance that they will invest in something cheaply and it will blow up and make them some money. This is your penny stock investor.

2. People who actively watch the market and trade a lot. These aren't your people who are going to put 500k and let it ride for 6-12+ months. They are going to put in an amount they aren't too worried about losing(although they will put considerably more in than #1), and actively watch the market. When the crypto they are in hits a run, they will sell it and make some money and wait to find one they think is really low or expecting a dip. They don't keep their money in any one crypto for more than a few weeks/months.

3. People who are too stupid to be handling their own money and are ultimately going to either get lucky and "win" a bunch, or lose it all. These are the same people who play the lottery and/or slot machines.

4. The Crypto sellers. Here are the ones that are actually the real reason Crypto exists... to get transaction fees.
I don't own kid gloves.

I suppose I am a 2! Once you have the crypto.com or coinbase app its hard not to look at it 20 times a day. Read the articles and explore the websites of these "cryptos". Play at your own risk.

I use Facebook for the CRO, MANA and other Crypto groups. You can get decent info there. I learned about staking from one of the groups.

Companies/Crypto involved with the below early on I believe will be gold mines. (I could be wrong but I don't have my life savings in this so no biggie)

The Crypto market is volatile, maybe that is why I like it! Just set and forget or play like you are in Las Vegas.

1. NFT (NFT stands for “non-fungible token,” and it can technically contain anything digital, including drawings, animated GIFs, songs, or items in video games. Non-fungible means it is individual. ... NFTs allow you to buy and sell ownership of unique digital items and keep track of who owns them using the blockchain)

2. Metaverse (It's a combination of multiple elements of technology, including virtual reality, augmented reality and video where users "live" within a digital universe)

3. Staking (Crypto staking is the process of locking up crypto holdings in order to obtain rewards or earn interest. Cryptocurrencies are built with blockchain technology, in which crypto transactions are verified, and the resulting data is stored on the blockchain)

4. Blockchain (Blockchain is a system of recording information in a way that makes it difficult or impossible to change, hack, or cheat the system. A blockchain is essentially a digital ledger of transactions that is duplicated and distributed across the entire network of computer systems on the blockchain)

(12-20-2021, 08:55 PM)Skelas Wrote: [Image: ql22gyu7oq681.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a...e782864481]

"Betamax is the future"
The dip is real!

(01-06-2022, 08:43 AM)Crice Wrote: The dip is real!
No kidding! Time to free up some cashflow. A lot of opportunity to buy right now.
Gameless (for now)
I know! I'm down like $3! This is bullshit!
I don't own kid gloves.

The dip is real! Stop dipping. lol

I did buy more CRO and MANA.....

meh. I just can't do it.. I thought about buying just CRO and letting it sit and I have an eye on a couple others but it still seems like monopoly money to me.
TinStar
96 99 44 4 33