Raid leader rules the raid (A little history lesson)
Have them come talk to me about it, Halkatla! "/macro Don't ask me, Hoofhurr told me to do it."

Have a seat here and let me tell you a little story.

~Enter Dream Sequence with Dreamweaver music in the background~

Zim has always been our leader; mostly because no one else wanted to lead a guild and because he's the most opinionated. lol <3 Zim. Well when we made the switch to WoW I wanted to start leading raids again because WoW was finally a game that supported raiding and leading raids is something I've always enjoyed about gaming. I felt out of sorts though because leading raids and leading a guild start to overlap at many points. One of these points becomes apparent if you have to work with other guilds in an alliance in order to get a raid together, like back when we had to work with BBB and HLEP in order to advance our characters. I didn't however, want to lead the guild, just the raids. So given these concerns I approached Zim about it one day and he decided that if a raid leader is going to put in the time and effort to lead a raid that he/she would have complete authority in that raid. With this stamp of approval I felt I finally had the freedom to lead raids the way I wanted to lead them.

~Exit Dream Sequence: Squelch the dreamweaver music~

We've always had a pretty handsoff approach to leading this guild. By recruiting along our personal relationships and our personal ideals, the guild sort of runs itself with a little guidance sprinkled in and the occasional smackdown applied when someone ornery has slipped through the cracks. As opposed to guildleading, raidleading requires a much more hands on approach because of the level of detail and level of committment required by its participants. If you choose not to participate, that's fine too, you are still a friend of ours.

The invention of the "Raid leader rules the raid" rule created an atmosphere in The Purge that let's our members take any direction in a game that they please and makes the Purge a guild that allows friends with diverse interests to still share the same home. Any member with an idea and the motivation to make something happen is encouraged to step up and be a leader.

I don't think many people realize how rare and amazing this guild really is. Most raiding guilds will boot people that go on vacation for a week. Most casual or PvP oriented guilds never get organized enough to become hardcore raiders and compete with other guilds for end game content. This guild model that we have developed in The Purge is both novel and by all accounts extremely effective. Examine the guild very closely though and realize that it only works as well as it does because of the people that comprise this guild. We have many natural born leaders and we are all good friends. That's the foundation.

I love watching this guild develop. Moo!
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
I lead a raid of 1 once, could never agree on anything so we wiped....good post though!
gg Purge.
[Image: zsig3.jpg]
Guild Mistress of Undead and Fabulous
Wielder of the Purple Whip!
</3
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/Malvos/street_fighter_016.gif"%20alt="Image%20hosted%20by%20Photobucket.com[/img]