Rogue looking to be accepted?
Hello, there!

As my username states, I'm Poitigeir, which is the character name I also use for Crushridge, on the Horde side.

I've spoken to Sorna, and she said that chances are slim that I'll be accepted, especially since I'm only level 20 at the time of this posting, and I'm also totally new to this group.

However, she also said that it's not too much about the game anymore.

Look, I've been trying to find a good, solid place to gain a foothold and level up my character, so I can take part in all sorts of high-level instances, ganking Alliance of course, and to take part in events such as Ahn-Qiraj. I've jumped from server to server since Christmas, which is when I first aquired WoW, and I've created character after character, trying to finally make it somewhere. I've tried playing with friends from RL, and getting access to a good guild...but each time I've failed rather miserably.

My friends are either A) sixties who have no interest in low-levels due to level, not intelligence, B) not consistently on, or C) continually taking part in high-level instance raids. As well, when I try to make friends on the servers themselves, I never manage it, due to the fact that most guilds are elitist, or simply crappy at lower-levels.

However, once I found this guild, I realized that I just might actually have a chance for once.

See, you guys are the epitome of cooperative gaming. You all have a similar mindset, you all work towards the same goal, and best of all, you're all FRIENDS.

Look, it's tough to make friends on WoW. There are plenty of idiots who don't want to play the game correctly, or carebears that only care about playing it as if it were a single player game.

Now, I'll admit, I'm not going to spend every waking hour in WSG or AB, but that's because, like I said, I'm trying to level up so I can have fun with the better in-game content. And I haven't had much chance to go kill Alliance because usually when I encounter them, they're higher level than me. Skull higher level than me. So, I have to pass them by.

I wanna live this game for how it was meant to be played--PVP on a massive scale! Raids on Stormwind and Ironforge and Darnassus! Finally WINNING a Battleground because the people work together, and don't want to just earn HKs, they actually want to WIN at the same time!

I've been told that you're looking for mature players. You've got one right here. Like I said, I'm a low level, but don't let levels fool you. I know exactly what the different classes are intended for. I also chose a rogue not just because it's the damage dealer, but because I can be an effective damage dealer. I know how to manage multiple mobs at the same time, and I know exactly what talents I'm choosing in the future. By the time I'm on par with most of you guys, I'll be up at the top when it comes to quality--I'll be a rogue you can depend on. Hell, I chose the Undead race for my rogue entirely because they have the ability to make warlocks crap their pants--Will of the Forsaken.

Look, I know that the chances of being accepted are pretty slim, since I'm outta nowhere and low-level. But I can't help but try to make friends with you guys. This is the chance of a lifetime, and I want to try my best to be a great player next to you guys.

I hope you'll give me a bit of consideration.
Nice App.

We will discuss! :wink:
The CK Machine
[Image: HWL.gif]
Yes! Ha ha, that's just what I was goin' for. Big Grin

Of course, I'd love to be accepted, but just to be considered by a guild like this is great Glad you're willing to at least think of me!
sounds good a good egg ... if you need some help sometime shoot me a tell for one free innervate!
Quote:I know exactly what the different classes are intended for.

Ok, I'm a warlock. It's a Sunday afternoon, the sun is shining in the Wetlands, I'm just out farming...Oops, I need to get to the Badlands and I start to head that way...

What's the quickest way from where I am to get there?

Confusedhock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Confusedhock:
Hearth. DUH! Tongue
-Val
Keeping <The Purge> alive in Azeroth.
Thanks Valenesca, that was a timed test worth hundreds of dollars and prizes, and as always someone from the studio audience blurts out the answer...

Geez, can't have any fun anymore....BLAH!!!!
:oops: :wink: :wink:
Heh. Hearth would, indeed, be the fastest way to get there, if you already had a hearthstone set there.

BUT.

The quote that was used was when I mentioned what the classes were meant for.

Now, they aren't meant for this, but they're certainly useful--Ask a mage. Have them teleport you to the nearest capital city to the town you're headed to, then fly out. Thanks to the new patch, you can fly on a flight pattern without having to get back onto your manticore/bat/gryphon/hippogryph.

Least, that's the answer I'd give based off of classes.
Poitigeir Wrote:Ask a mage.
Bonus points if the mage you ask is either Sorna, Mallet or Fiddler.
- R
I like his app.

Vllad
Heh, well, now there have been over three hundred views of this particular thread. It's been a few weeks since I've apped, and people so far seem to like me and my app.

What do the mods and admins think?
Poit, I like what you wrote as well, but I dont know you and I dont know if anyone else has either. I put you up on the Internal affairs thread and am awaiting further feedback from gildies who may have interacted with you.
Poit,

No one has seen you in game or has seen you attempt to group or pvp with any Purge.
Your app is great but if you really want into Purge it is up to you to make a point to reach some Purge on-line.

Please don't take it hard but the last outsider invite was like 4 or 5 months ago. When we say we want to know you first we aren't kidding. If you make it threw this process I promise you it will be worth the wait.

Vllad
The onus is on you to convince us to invite you. Step it up =)
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
Hah! Is that all, really?

Y'know, in all honesty, the only real reason why I haven't paged anybody to work with them is because nearly everybody is a much higher level than I am! Usually, they're off doing quests in high-level areas, or living up to your guild's motto and off in the Battlegrounds somewhere, so I leave them alone to their business!

Hey, though, if you want me to interact, I will. Big Grin All I hope is that I don't bug 'em!
We have amember named Gnarnok who bugged everyone to death. He is now one of the most liked guildies we have. (Mostly we feel sorry for him, but are proud of his Special olympic achievements)
Whenever you can, sneak up on Flab and give him a tweener. Touching him will go a long way towards membership. :wink:
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
Flab Wrote:We have amember named Gnarnok who bugged everyone to death. He is now one of the most liked guildies we have. (Mostly we feel sorry for him, but are proud of his Special olympic achievements)

Hah! ya, i didnt know anyone and i got in. And ive always loved the special olympics, did u like the retard i played in The Ringer?
[Image: epicuo4.jpg]
SC2 Beta - Zerg
Gnarnok - White Lion - R40/RR54 - Retired
Gnarnok - 70 Gladiator Rogue - Retired
Give Ganarganock a Cleveland Steamer and he'll be yer best friend for life.

He really likes those.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
Hey, again, guys!

It's been over a month, now, since I've apped. I've worked with a few of the guild members--Gnarnock and Kjata specifically. Both ran me through instances, and despite my tendency to die within them--I was below the reccommended level, and let's face it, you're a lightning rod of hate, right about then--they were cool with it, and I enjoyed being run through. Gnarnock helped me through Razorfen Kraul, while Kjata--and I'm /still/ trying to figure out how to pronounce your name!--helped me through Wailing Caverns on my shaman alt.

I'm hoping they've posted about me, but I can't tell, since those areas of the boards are off-limits. Until I hear about what's been said about me, though, I'm going to try to work with Rynox whenever possible, and keep leveling up my character.

Which, actually, brings me to a topic I think I better bring up. In all honesty, I'm finding the shaman more fun than the rogue at the moment. I'm not deleting Poitigeir, no way in hell, but I'm going to focus on getting my shaman Kekata up to sixty, first. He's more useful all-around. I've found it way more fun to play as Kekata, because one moment I can be smashing a gnome's head in, the next I can be healing, and the next I can attract aggro and keep others alive while /they/ smash the gnome's head in.

No, I don't like gnomes. They irk me. Little smartypants, thinking they're better than Trolls because they can invent stuff...We were here first, damn you!