Another Mercenary story
Poor Mercenary. I never really had anything against him. He basically had the right attitude. He just... you know... wasn't any good at it.

So we were in Innothule Swamp one day. I'm a troll, it's my swamp, hence, any humans in it have to be killed (and eaten).

So I went looking for Mercenary. It was dark and foggy as we began to fight amongst the plants and shallow pools of water.

Me as a warrior, him as a shadowknight, I have the upper hand in a straight up sword slashing contest. His only hope is to take advantage of his shadowknight magic.

So he casts Shadow Step. Poof! He's gone. Vanished somewhere, like up to 50 yards in any direction! I look around. I don't see him.

... but I do see a BIG BRIGHT LIGHT coming from behind this tree over there.

I run over.

Hey look, it's Mercenary! *whack*

He casts Shadow Step. Poof! Now where is he? I don't see him. But there's another light coming from out of this pool of water over there.

I run over.

Hey look, it's Mercenary! *whack*

Poor guy.

This is why you should extinguish your light sources before trying to hide in a swamp. It's a bit of a giveaway. I don't have to see you, I just have to see the big blob of light you're giving off because you have a Greater Lightstone in your inventory.
lol. Wasn't this guy aka Gruffer? Except I don't think he ever had a Greater Lightstone, didn't those drop off Wisps?
He was Challenger, not Gruffer.