WTF?
What was up with the servers last night? I was going to stay up til the servers crashed, then go get some other stuff done and they were still running smooth at 1:30am when I finally logged. This new "server uptime" feature is interfering with my sleep.

I got to Iggletreatment a 28 warrior last night. It was great. I must have killed him at least 6 times. They need to increase PvP death penalties, though, because I bet I really only cost him a handful of silver to do repairs.

I'd heard he was camping lower level people in Stonetalon so I went to go investigate. A couple other random Horde and myself came on him at about the same time and took him down. Then I went into wolf form, went way back and sat behind a tree and watched his corpse.

As soon as it turned into a skeleton I ran out and looked for him. By the time I found him he was about 95% to full health and I attacked. Luckily, he was using 2-handers and, I'm guessing, didn't have much in the protection tree cause he never stunned me. So 26 shaman beat 28 warrior in a pretty even fight, mostly because he wasn't setup to stop me from healing myself.

I basically repeated that over and over. Hide way back behind a tree in wolf form, then run out when the corpse turns into a skeleton and chase him down and have it out again. He came close to beating me a couple times and was almost always at full health by the time I caught up but I always beat him. If it hadn't been 1:30 I would have stayed longer to make sure he got the right message.

Before all this I was up in Ashenvale. That place is nuts. Typical scene:

I'm running along and spot a lightie coming the other way down the road. We have a fight, I kill him and just then 2 lighties run up and attack me. Now I'm losing and just trying to stay alive when 5 Horde run up and mow them down. Seems like every fight I get in I can win if I can just survive for 30 seconds because that's about how long it takes for some new group of Horde to show up.

Lighties actually seem to have numbers, they just ... aren't that good at fighting.

One particularly funny scene was right outside some lightie town. There were 4 of us and we'd been skirmishing the lighties as they came out, usually like 4v4. The lightie numbers started mounting, though, and we figured it was about time to run. Then one of the over-eager Horde guys got rooted and started taking fire so we all charged in, like 4 of us vs 8 of them. Another shaman and I stopped as soon as we got in range of the rooted Horde guy and chain-healed him while everyone else ran in. Two shaman laying AE snare totems and fire totems against enemies that don't seem too concerned about destroying totems does a world of good. In the end we killed them all and lost one guy. The Tauren who was suggesting it was time to run before the fight just said, "Huh...interesting" which I think pretty well encapsulated the general feeling.

At another spot, me 1 warrior and 1 shaman must have killed 15 people as they attacked in groups of 2-4 outside this other town. They eventually swamped us but man, our kill ratio was pretty damn high.

I think the problem is lightie healers don't heal anyone but themselves. The Paladins chase you around and swing their hammers, the priests all act like mages and the druids are in cat form. Not sure what the deal is there. While I'm sure plenty of Horde do this too, just having one or two people stop fighting and start healing turns the whole tide of the fight and it seems like more Horde players do this.

Anyway... fun fun.
Shamans are really disgusting in PVP all around. They have incredible offense, very nice defense and heal like a mofo if needed.
ESO - Rallick of Purge (Sorceror) - The Purge (and various others)
RIFT - Rallock (Cleric) - Virus (Deepwood)
WAR - Rallick (ArchMage) - The Purge
WoW - Rallick/Mootendo - The Purge
EQ - Nintelten <Defiant>
Yea, I had some ashenvile fun as well last night for the first time. I died my first meeting, but only because I was in wolf form and down to 25% hp after running thorugh a lightie town with my tail tucked and buns clenched. I then got attacked by 4 lvl 16's and they easily killed this lvl 23 shamie.

I rezed, began my run and 2 more lvl 18's attacked me. I snared, fire totemed, and started wacking.... anq couple cast later and both dead. I dont think I would have initated the fight since they were 5 levels below me.

Then met a 25 war and started fighting, was joined by a hord mage and won. 2 more fights on the road with the hord mage and both won. Fun stuff. Cool thing is ther are a ton of quest in here as well.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
lol, yea last night was my initiation to WoW PvP. I chased off 2 gnome mages (they didn't even put up a fight). I really need some speed potions because the second mage got out of my range and I couldn't close to put on the killing blow. Pissed me off.

While running down the coast I got in a fight with NE hunter, destroyed him while only taking 1/2 hp dmg.

While trying to fight off 3 of those damn spiders a gnome warlock jumped me. The numbnut attacked my pet so I laid 2 dots on him and feared his pet before I died to those spiders.

On the road south to Barrens I got run over by 2 lvl 28 alliance members. There was no escape for me since I found out they were there by being hit with a hunters mark :cry:

So, I feel confident that I can do really well in most situations but really could use speed potions. That's my biggest problem atm.
~ Krym | ~ Sigmire | ~ Kurgan
lvl: 31 warlock
btw, I'm not sure why this topic got moved to this Forum.

Another thing that I was impressed with last night was the fact that there *were* other guilds out there willing to take the fight to the Alliance. Any of you that were with us on AC2 will remember how much we smacked our head into the brick wall when trying to take the fight to "red dots". There was barely any support for our team.
~ Krym | ~ Sigmire | ~ Kurgan
lvl: 31 warlock
I think the Shaman is a bigger advantage for us then the Paladin is for them in regards to pvp. I have only lost one pvp fight when I have had a shaman with me. The one we lost was because Voojinn had agroed a couple mobs during the pvp fight so... They just do to many things and quite frankly I wouldn't want to meet one in pvp.

The Lighty healers so far do more nuking then healing and that plays a big part as well.

I have noticed in the Stone Mountains that the Horde in general is taking the fight to them but that doesn't surprise me considering some of the more pvp oriented guilds play horde.

Vllad
My only PVP action thus far was about a 10 second ordeal...

I was in the woods along the side of the road in Silverpine fighting some mob. I look up for just a split second and see a night elf caster of some sort go running by on the road. The rest of the fight went something like this.

Charge - Crit - Rend - Hamstring - Hit - Hit - Heroic Crit - Dead

Before the poor guy even recovered from the Charge stun I had laid close to 300 points of damage on him. Big 2 Handers are nice for dishing out the damage, especially when they crit during a Heroic Strike Smile

Although I laughed when Krym said he got the hand shakes goin from the adrenaline during his PVP fight, I have to admit, I did too Smile

MORE MORE!!!!
WAR = Zeel, Zeelio, Sheldon
WoW = Zeelio
EQ = Sheldon
RL = Sean
Zeel Wrote:MORE MORE!!!!

I now undestand while people become serial murderers...
You don't win the Game of Death by dying first. The name is misleading.