You don't step on Super Man's cape.
Pirates of the Burning Sea...

I saw Turpitude was getting close to 5k unrest, so I drove up there in my Deliverance Heavy. This had multiple purposes:

1) I could try and jump someone when unrest reached 5k
2) I could get sunk and finally free up a slot. I've been wanting a second Oliphant.
3) I could pick up nails from Thudz and ship them back to the Antilles if I don't get sunk.

When I got there, I saw 2 Brits in seperate fights: a level 50 and a level 40. I parked outside on a current marker and waited for the zone to go red.

Bing, zone goes red. Level 50 gets out of his battle so I go running in.

Looking...looking...looking... don't see him anywhere.

Bing, there he is. I go for him and 2 seconds before I click on him I see the level 40 get out of his battle.

Fight starts and it's 2v1. The level 40 is in a Myrmidon and the level 50 is in a Mordaunt 4th rate!

I turn and begin my plan of "Snare the big ship and fight the little ship". I'm trying to keep the Mordaunt as far away as possible while turning to broadside the Myrmidon. I keep bar in my rear cannons especially for the Mordaunt and heavy shot in my broadsides for the Myrmidon.

They're going after my sails, but not very effectively. Between Defense 2, Cut Lines (which adds defense, these days), St. Elmo's Masts and the ranges we were at, they just weren't putting any damage on my sails that I couldn't repair. I think the Myrmidon in particular was making the critical mistake of using Star Shot from a bit too far away, because as close as he was he was still whiffing majorly. Meanwhile, I'm blasting the shit out of him with cannon balls.

The Myrmidon is forced to run for it and barely escapes. I thought I could probably finish him off but I was afraid of catching too much flak from the Mordaunt so I let the Myrmidon go and prepared to 1v1 the Mordaunt.

I figured I'd shoot his sails up a bit and then turn and charge him and go for the board. Little did I realize, as focused as I was on what was going on behind me, that I was about to impact the shoreline. Worse, I had driven into a tiny little bay area.

So I turned on the Mordaunt a little earlier than planned. He was still going after my sails but seemed to throw some anti-personnel shot into the mix. I got a Plague Ship on him and was able to pull alongside, Decimate and climb on board.

The boarding combat was decidedly one-sided. I didn't die once. Just plowed through him and his crew.

I got out of boarding combat to find the Myrmidon parked on my nose, blasting off my masts. I captured the Mordaunt and used it to blow the Myrmidon out of the water. The Myrmidon was determined to board me, which wasn't a bad idea at first, but he failed the first attempt and never got another and spent way too much time firing grapeshot at me.

So now I have a Mordaunt and two British learned a valuable lesson about flipping pirate ports, like maybe, "You might want to practice a little PvP in less valuable ships first."

<embed src="http://thepurge.net/stuff/50 Pirate vs 50 British and 40 British.wmv" width="800" height="600" autostart="false">
haha awesome. was the video in like double speed? everything seemed very fast.

I guess Kurgen doesnt know he has to hit the 'call reinforcements' button for more crew to show up hah
[should not have shot the dolphin]
Some of it was double speed -- mostly the parts where I'm fighting the Myrmidon.

A lot of times people will avoid calling reinforcements in to try and draw out the battle so their ally on the outside has more time to sink. In this case, though, I think it's more like he just didn't know what he was doing.
Early in the battle the Myrmidon kept presenting his front and rear for you to blow up. And then after you took the 4th rate he could have escaped...
Not the smartest. Probably overconfidence and then defeatism.

He must have shit his pants when you took the ship... 8->
My name is Waeloga and I approve of this message.
"Well if there is a god its nice to see the purge will have a solid representation in hell, which is good - we wont have to pug it." ~Jakensama