Bruce Lee's Application for PotBS excitment!
You may remember me from such adventures of pure teaming XK on VZ.. followed later by X-teaming with Torrent... then PvE'ing with Township Rebellion on the $50 a month to get gear server.... My EQ name was Justium, then Brikk / Brikkx / Brikks... See this post for a more in depth run down;

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thepurge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6802">http://www.thepurge.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6802</a><!-- m -->

Anyways as fate would have it, we rolled up on the same server as you guys. Didn't realize it until I saw Slamz in nation chat last week. So would like to be put in the MOTD or get an invite or anything to be able to jump on Vent and roll around with you guys.

Rest assured my PvP style hasn't changed since our days on VZ. I'm still very much a PvP'er and could care less about PvE elements unless they help gear out better for PvP. Not really sure how that applies in PotBS. I need about 10k till I get 50 and have around 9 MC Tigre deeds ready to rock the face of the lighties... err Nationals!

As far as game play goes I can only compare myself to Jailok. I'm much better than him. In a 32 'raa' I was constantly solo'ing 2-3 45-50 in open sea for XP. My skill set is such that I can focus on DPS or preform as an efficient tackler and of course I have wolfpack.

Play times vary for me since I stay pretty busy. Usually a few hours in the evening a few days a week. On the weekends random times during the day.

Oh and if you guys are playing AoC I'll be doing that as well as continuing WAR beta.

PS. Wanna get Jailok in too (Jackie Chan) if possible.
Justium / Brikk - Back in EQ days on VZ
Many Many other games....
Its always a good thing when old school folk find their way back home. Tongue

-turnip
Hit 50 last night. I'll play this weekend and get my MC Tigre all put together.

Are there any quests at 50 that are worth doing for item rewards or anything (Besides the career one)? If not I'll probably just delete them all so they don't distract me from PvP.
There's a quest in Ruddy Cove that rewards the "Betrayer's Ship Modification". It's a cannon mod in category "Internal", so you can use it along with other cannon mods. If you trick out your TigerMC like many of the rest of us, you'll need this. Get a Treacherous Cannon 3, Explosive Powder 2or3, and the Betrayer's and you'll be a really hard hitter.

In Cabaneras/Turpitude/GoldenLake area there is a quest that rewards "Lucy the Figurehead". It's a clicky with a 10 minute cooldown that instantly restores 20 morale. I forget the exact quest name and exact town though. Pretty sure it's in Cabaneras so just go knock all that stuff out. They're level 20 quests that you can whip through quickly.

The "Buying Time" quest in Ruddy is your source of all level 50 ships, so don't ever complete that mission. Keep it to recover ships as you lose them.
Betrayer's Ship Modification - got it
Lucy the Figurehead - got it
Buying time - I probably already did this one. I'll have to check it out.
hUZZAH
I would complete all the quest in Mexico actually. Their are some avatar items to be had that is a must depending on your build. If you ever board or get into town fights in the Port Battles your Avatar has to be geared.

Their are also some quest in the French towns that give out great pvp items. If you want the Gunpowder skills you need to complete those quest. This is a must if you shoot a firearm.

With out the quest "Buying Time" you may want to becareful what 50 quest you complete other wise you are gonna get stuck trying to find ships in the OS. That will limit your ability to pvp. Their are a couple of quest in Tortuga and that French town at the tip of Florida that do spawn lvl 50 ships.

Vllad
What do you guys put in the upgrade slots of the MC Tigre's.. was thinking +% turn for sails, +accuracy for guns and +armor for hull.
Does everyone hate PvP in this game? I played about 4 hours Saturday... I ran around all PvP area's solo in my MC Tigre... I chased other 50's in the same ship and everyone just ran away. We were down by Charlestown with about 5-6 Pirates... and inside Charlestown were about 10 Brits... I guess I just don't get it. I thought PotBS was all about PvP. Maybe I have to load up a level 19 atlas to get some actions...

Whats the secret?
I don't think any of us ever figured out why they wouldn't come out. maybe they were worried that if they did, we'd capture their ships and use them against them at the port battle.

also, I think I have nimble sails and accuracy guns on my MC Tigre. I'm not certain whether I'm using armor or structure hulls, probably armor.

-ken
New World: Snowreap
Life is Feudal: Snowreap Iggles, Taralin Iggles, Preyz Iggles
Naval Action: Taralin Snow, Snowy Iggles
EQ2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Taralin, Disruption, Preyz, Taralynne, Snowy, Snowz
ESO: Snowreap, Yellowtail
PS2: Snowreap
GW2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Taralynne
RIFT: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Snowy
PotBS (British): Taralin Snow, Taralynne Snow, Snowy Iggles, Edward Snow
PotBS (Pirate): Taralin Snowden, Taralynne Snowden, Redshirt Snowden
WW2O: Snowreap
WAR: Snowreap, Preyz, Lbz, Leadz, Snowz, Taralin, Snowmeltz, Yellowtail, Snowbankz
APB: Snowreap, Sentenza
STO: Snowreap@Snowreap, Snowz@Snowreap
AoC: Yellowtail, Snowreap, Snowstorm, Redshirt
WoW (Horde): Snowreap, Savagery, Baelzenun, Wickedwendy, Taralin, Disruption, Scrouge, Bette
WoW (Alliance): Yellowtail, Wickedwendy, Snowreap
AC1: Snowstorm, Yellowtail, Shirt Ninja, Redshirt
Snowreap Wrote:also, I think I have nimble sails and accuracy guns on my MC Tigre. I'm not certain whether I'm using armor or structure hulls, probably armor.

Yah that's exactly what I put on mine... too bad I haven't been able to test it.
Brikk Wrote:Does everyone hate PvP in this game? I played about 4 hours Saturday... I ran around all PvP area's solo in my MC Tigre... I chased other 50's in the same ship and everyone just ran away. We were down by Charlestown with about 5-6 Pirates... and inside Charlestown were about 10 Brits... I guess I just don't get it. I thought PotBS was all about PvP. Maybe I have to load up a level 19 atlas to get some actions...

Whats the secret?

We've sunk too many of their ships. Unlike EQ, they cant bind rush without losing resources and cant lynch us either! haha
[should not have shot the dolphin]
What server you guys moving to?
We moved to Antigua.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
Bruce Lee was taken... so I picked Jet Li....
Did anyone else change their name? I was on for a few hours last night. Got in a budget PvP group. Lost some ships, had some fun but would be more interested in some organized PvP groups rather than these PUGs...
some of us did; some of us didn't. I didn't change mine, but I wasn't on for very long last night.

-ken
WAR: Snowreap, Preyz, Lbz, Leadz, Snowz, Taralin, Snowmeltz, Yellowtail, Snowbankz
WoW (Horde): Snowreap, Savagery, Baelzenun, Wickedwendy, Taralin, Disruption, Scrouge, Bette
You need to contact us in game sometime and get in some groups and Vent.
Jumped on Vent last night.. it was storming and my power kept dropping so I didn't play.
Was having a problem meeting up with you guys so decided to just not play. The game sucks solo and PUG pvp groups are crap as well. I'll just hang tight and play WAR when it's up and wait for AOC to see if I'll like that.
not a lot of weekend activity. we had quite a few on last night after 9 or 10 pm eastern. we were powerleveling some guildies who just started playing.

by "we" I mean "people, not including me". I was logged on but was afk all night.

-ken