Book Swapping sites
Somebody asked about cheap books online..

hands down the cheapest overall:

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.paperbackswap.com">www.paperbackswap.com</a><!-- w -->

The thing about paperback swap is that you can BUY book credits for $3.62 each. (Minimum 3, and they get slightly cheaper if you buy more)

If you actually take the time to list 10 books for swapping, they instantly give you 3 credits for free even if nobody wants those books.

If you are swapping books, you just pay the shipping on the book when you mail it (Usually $2.13 or $2.53) and you get a credit when they get the book. And no special wraping materials to buy, you just wrap it in 8x11 printer paper.

If you are just buying books, make sure that they have at least 3 books in stock you want.

(put in <!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedpamantichris@yahoo.com">spamantichris@yahoo.com</a><!-- e --> as the referrer when you sign up, i'll get a free book)

There is no absolutely no shipping cost for the buyer, even if you are just buying credits. It is as good of a deal as it seems.
They do ship book rate, but I have ordered about 50 books from them and it usually doesn't take more then 10 days to get a book. Most shippers pay the extra 50 cents to ship the book first class (So they get the credit faster)

Their search engine is a little wonky (We are spoiled by google), you have to put in the whole name of the book. Your best bet is to put in an ISBN (without dashes) What I usually do is use amazon.com's superior search engine to find the ISBN of the book I want. And then go buy it on paperbackswap. Razz

They also have <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.swapadvd.com">www.swapadvd.com</a><!-- w --> and <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.swapacd.com">www.swapacd.com</a><!-- w -->.
You can move the credits you get for sharing on any of the "swap" sites to any other swap sites. IE, you can mail out books and get movies shipped to you in return. Use the same email, <!-- e --><a href="mailtoConfusedpamantichris@yahoo.com">spamantichris@yahoo.com</a><!-- e --> as the referer when you sign up and I get free credits.

swapadvd:

YES, they have blue ray and HD in addition to DVD. All movies come with the case and inserts.

swapacd:

Swapacd charges they buyer a 50 cent transaction fee. The family that owns all of these sites uses the profit from this fee to keep the other sites fee free. (Who the hell buys CDs anymore anyway?)

BUT it is a good place to get rid of CDs and then move the credits over to the other two websites and get something you want.

Also you can order the CD with the case and inserts or just the CD.
[/u]
My name is Waeloga and I approve of this message.
"Well if there is a god its nice to see the purge will have a solid representation in hell, which is good - we wont have to pug it." ~Jakensama
Sad its not available to Canadians Sad
They tried to support it in Canada, but the mail carriers kept getting attacked by moose and it's a lot of wear and tear on the sleigh dogs to carry books out across the frozen tundra.
Zephyrs Wrote:Sad its not available to Canadians Sad

The main issue is shipping cost.
My name is Waeloga and I approve of this message.
"Well if there is a god its nice to see the purge will have a solid representation in hell, which is good - we wont have to pug it." ~Jakensama
I'll tell you about a story from a couple years ago.

A friend and I went on a road trip from Montreal to Cincinnati. When we left Montreal it was a beautiful fall day not hot but certainly not cold and not a cloud in the sky.

As we approached the US border entering into Vermont the sky got dark and the temperature dropped.

Not long after crossing the border we started to see snow, then not long after that a full blown snow storm.

See you got it all wrong its Vermont thats all covered in snow not Canada!