PotBS Society Alliance
If you wish to form an Alliance with us then post your in game name and your society. Also when deciding your forum name try to make it as close to your in game name as possible to avoid confusion.

I will contact you in game and we can try to work together. If our societies get along then we can do an alliance. If we don't.. Then well we won't have an alliance.

Simple as that. If you have any questions then ask.

If we start working together you and your members that register on this forum will be allowed access to a private forum dedicated to this Alliance.

The reason we are doing this is so that we can be sure your a pirate and not, "e.g., some British wanker".
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
HE'S QUICK, HE'S STRONG, HE'S ACTIVE!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
Does this mean you're volunteering to manage an "Alliance" usergroup to ensure that only actual allied pirates are allowed into it? You'd have to have them create accounts here and then tell you in-game what their account name is so you can be sure it's really them and not, e.g., some British wanker.

I can easily set that up for you.
Someone needs to toss me a society invite... about the only groups I've been getting are random PUGs which 9 out of 10 times suck... I've resorted to ganking solo's with a Minerva and running when big boys come after me.
Justium / Brikk - Back in EQ days on VZ
Many Many other games....
Yup I can do that shouldn't be to hard.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?p=306475#post306475">http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showth ... post306475</a><!-- m -->

Alliance Post on the Antigua Forum.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
Zouji,

You probably want to have some kind of information ready on what benefit an alliance may have.

Lay out the over all strategy and how and who we organize things with etc etc.

You will probably want to post some items on basic PB and OS things to know so we don't have people leaving out the wrong door. Don't assume that everyone will have the same level of knowledge. Assume that they don't so post some basic strategy tips in the alliance section.

Ready room information, port flipping information and contention benefits.

Vllad
I don't want to crush your guys efforts but I went to Guad Forums before merge and offered a site that was meant to do the same thing your forums set-up. I got told by the Guad Pirates that the effort was nice but we don't need it.

I'm glad that Purge came to Antigua we needed you guys but I think we need to have a site where everyone feels they have equal status and its not one persons site. The same thing happed with VDD and we got into fight. They are much different then you and I hope we can come to terms either by having people visit both <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.pirate-code.com">www.pirate-code.com</a><!-- w --> and these forums or if we all decide to use <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.pirate-code.com">www.pirate-code.com</a><!-- w -->

What do you think?

Edit: Sorry to see Antigua Pirates go through the wrong door and not listen. Those were not the Antigua Pirates I was use to seeing, there is a great bunch of people on Antigua, it looks like you saw a bad batch.
All just get together all those posts here and the posts that Slamz posted on the L2P forum and that should be enough.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
Tolzan Wrote:I don't want to crush your guys efforts but I went to Guad Forums before merge and offered a site that was meant to do the same thing your forums set-up. I got told by the Guad Pirates that the effort was nice but we don't need it.

I'm glad that Purge came to Antigua we needed you guys but I think we need to have a site where everyone feels they have equal status and its not one persons site. The same thing happed with VDD and we got into fight. They are much different then you and I hope we can come to terms either by having people visit both <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.pirate-code.com">www.pirate-code.com</a><!-- w --> and these forums or if we all decide to use <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.pirate-code.com">www.pirate-code.com</a><!-- w -->

What do you think?

Edit: Sorry to see Antigua Pirates go through the wrong door and not listen. Those were not the Antigua Pirates I was use to seeing, there is a great bunch of people on Antigua, it looks like you saw a bad batch.

I would rather use this site since we already have everything set up as well as people other than myself to help out with things. With this site we can upload images and data to our servers and we have a member only section set up in our forum for keeping out nationals.

I will only give people permission to view the members forum after meeting them in game and having them confirm there name used on the forum. Thus it is practically granted that we won't get any nationals in there.

Once people gain access to the forum they will have equal rights same as everyone else. The 2 main purge rules will apply to the forum. Don't be an idiot and don't be an asshat. As long as people follow those things we will be fine.

And yes we do know the difference between someone who is new to our concepts and can follow it after reading some things, and someone that is a complete tard.

Granted to view any files you will have to agree to the Waeloga Corp disclaimer.

Quote:Disclaimer:
-------------

Every attempt has been made to test this file and insure that it will not damage your system.

But due to the individualistic nature of personal computers and the variety of users Waeloga industries INC can not be responsible for any fires, floods, earthquakes, flipper babies, bear attacks, trojan horses, cancer, file loss, file damage, hardware damage, ass rapes, terrorist attacks, meteor strikes, falcon punch abortions, domestic disputes, war, rumors of war, armed conflicts, police actions, attacks by the super sonic nazi hell creatures from the hollow earth, pirate attacks, asshatery, nuking from orbit, flabbos, clipping errors, radiation poisoning, bio weapons attacks, suicide squads, death squads, spirit squads, genocide, regicide, suicide, extermanatus measures, lawsuits, tax evasion, extradition, gonad shrinkage, gonad expansion, sterility, blindness, deafness, impotence, pregnancy, court costs, 2nd comings, 3rd comings, apocalypses, alien abduction, alien invasions, time traveling cyborgs, headaces, and/or loss of sanity that might result from use or misuse of this product or service.

SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH MAY OCCUR.

Waeloga
CEO Waeloga industries.
"We bring bad things to life"
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
Zouji Wrote:
Tolzan Wrote:I don't want to crush your guys efforts but I went to Guad Forums before merge and offered a site that was meant to do the same thing your forums set-up. I got told by the Guad Pirates that the effort was nice but we don't need it.

What do you think?

I would rather use this site since we already have everything set up as well as people other than myself to help out with things. With this site we can upload images and data to our servers and we have a member only section set up in our forum for keeping out nationals.

I will only give people permission to view the members forum after meeting them in game and having them confirm there name used on the forum. Thus it is practically granted that we won't get any nationals in there.

Once people gain access to the forum they will have equal rights same as everyone else. The 2 main purge rules will apply to the forum. Don't be an idiot and don't be an asshat. As long as people follow those things we will be fine.

And yes we do know the difference between someone who is new to our concepts and can follow it after reading some things, and someone that is a complete tard.

Granted to view any files you will have to agree to the Waeloga Corp disclaimer.

Quote:Disclaimer:
-------------

Every attempt has been made to test this file and insure that it will not damage your system.

But due to the individualistic nature of personal computers and the variety of users Waeloga industries INC can not be responsible for any fires, floods, earthquakes, flipper babies, bear attacks, trojan horses, cancer, file loss, file damage, hardware damage, ass rapes, terrorist attacks, meteor strikes, falcon punch abortions, domestic disputes, war, rumors of war, armed conflicts, police actions, attacks by the super sonic nazi hell creatures from the hollow earth, pirate attacks, asshatery, nuking from orbit, flabbos, clipping errors, radiation poisoning, bio weapons attacks, suicide squads, death squads, spirit squads, genocide, regicide, suicide, extermanatus measures, lawsuits, tax evasion, extradition, gonad shrinkage, gonad expansion, sterility, blindness, deafness, impotence, pregnancy, court costs, 2nd comings, 3rd comings, apocalypses, alien abduction, alien invasions, time traveling cyborgs, headaces, and/or loss of sanity that might result from use or misuse of this product or service.

SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH MAY OCCUR.

Waeloga
CEO Waeloga industries.
"We bring bad things to life"

I would rather use <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.pirate-code.com">www.pirate-code.com</a><!-- w -->, because we have had it set-up before merge. We have many people to help out and post resources and we have unlimited space for uploading pictures, videos, and other things.

I will only give members permission that I have talked to in-game to show proof that they are a Pirate.

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.pirate-code.com">www.pirate-code.com</a><!-- w --> can offer you the same thing that you have already so I can fight that same point. What I don't get is I offered the site before the merge and you guys say you don't want it yet you set-up one yourself?
If you have people already on board on your site then that is fine we can join that. I just went there and looked at the members but all I saw was you. So, I figured you just had a one man operation. If you want to post stuff and worry about all the management crap, then go ahead. I only speak up about things when no one else talks about it. Also, I normally don't just speak up I SHOUT SO EVERYONE NOTICES. That is the only way a crowd can hear you in all the sea of crap.

Before the merge we didn't need a forum to communicate stuff. We just went and did some stuff. After we started beating down the nats people just started following our lead. People would ask what we were doing and we would tell them and they would spread the word to there society.

This server has so many different pirate guilds with so many different strategies, so we need a hub for societies with like minded ideas as us. We don't really care what everyone else does that don't like our ideas.

Also personally I never saw anything about this on the Guad server. I remember there was BDA with Jack Hook's mysterious grand plan and The Purge plan for beating the nats. I never heard of anyone mentioning any other plans or trying to organize them.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
Well with have a couple of guys already, we used a different forum that got shutdown so I'll have to make a different one.

Thanks for coming to an agreement and lets get things moving!
Since we have the forums up and already filled with information, seems only natural to jsut use this one.
~ The Duskwood Gankster ~
WoW & Beyond: Grizzle / Grizol
EQ/SB: Rafkin / Kriticos / Dudain
Tolzan Wrote:Well with have a couple of guys already, we used a different forum that got shutdown so I'll have to make a different one.

Thanks for coming to an agreement and lets get things moving!

Instead of creating one why don't you just use this one? I was under the impression that you already had everything up and running but that doesn't seem to be the case?

We already have other guilds coming here and if you don't have anyone using yours lets just stick to what we have.

Vllad
I do have one. And I already have societies coming.

Edit: The main problem I had was that I had already had something set-up and you guys created these forums. I really like the idea that we are not going anyone else's society site for Alliance forums, and others feel the way I do.
Update: We have the Nine Winds, Brotherhood of the Burning Blade, Sedition, and the Glastonbury Privateers who have joined.
Tolzan Wrote:Update: We have the Nine Winds, Brotherhood of the Burning Blade, Sedition, and the Glastonbury Privateers who have joined.

But yet only four members and about six posts...

Tolzan Wrote:Edit: The main problem I had was that I had already had something set-up and you guys created these forums.

Someone refresh my memory.. how long have the purge/purgeare forums been up? Six years this may, right? The purge as a whole has been around for quite a while.

I have known these guys for almost three years, they do not tolerate asshatery, disrespect, idiocy, or hate.

We play to win, we don't tolerate asshats, and we are not in it for the ego trip.

The average purge member is an adult and knows how to be respectful and tolerant. We already have the board set up and we already have the info on it. Plus we have a reliable (except during pizza time) purge member volunteering to manage access.

I don't see any reason to not have the alliance on our board.
My name is Waeloga and I approve of this message.
"Well if there is a god its nice to see the purge will have a solid representation in hell, which is good - we wont have to pug it." ~Jakensama
Waeloga Wrote:
Tolzan Wrote:Update: We have the Nine Winds, Brotherhood of the Burning Blade, Sedition, and the Glastonbury Privateers who have joined.

Tolzan Wrote:Edit: The main problem I had was that I had already had something set-up and you guys created these forums.

Someone refresh my memory.. how long have the purge/purgeare forums been up? Six years this may, right? The purge as a whole has been around for quite a while.

I have known these guys for almost three years, they do not tolerate asshatery, disrespect, idiocy, or hate.

We play to win, we don't tolerate asshats, and we are not in it for the ego trip.

The average purge member is an adult and knows how to be respectful and tolerant. We already have the board set up and we already have the info on it. Plus we have a reliable (except during pizza time) purge member volunteering to manage access.

The Purge forum has been up for six years, ok how long has the Alliance forums been set-up on Perge? One Day. Maybe Two. I don't want infighting to go on.

Why does it have to be set-up on The Purge forums? Why can't we come to an agreement. If you guys don't mind that much you can copy and post the paste on <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.pirate-code.com">www.pirate-code.com</a><!-- w -->

I'm not saying you have ego issues or anything but is it that big of a deal?

I thought Zouji just said we could use Pirate Code, and if we can't come to an agreement we can use both sites.
Personal I agree with whatever requires me to do the least amount of work. Atm I have gotten people to do all the work for me on the Alliance section for members on our forum.

So you guys can do all the work on setting up stuff on yours and we can be set as far as I care.

I don't speak for the opinions of the rest of purge individuals. We don't have a "leader". Our "leaders" are people who feel like doing stuff and normally they do it well so people listen to them. That's it. Any Purge member can do it.

So I would just say to you, set up your forum, get the people registered, and make sure you have a private board. Once you get all of that going I assume the majority of people will be ok with it. Until you get your stuff together on your website though I doubt many Purge will pay much attention to ya'll.

We have a tendency to judge people based off of their presentation and there overall organization. When people seem to be lacking in any of these we tend to either A) Ignore them or B) Try to educate them on a better method that works for us and might work for them.

What I have read from Purge members is B).
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
I can put all the people that want to help as an admin on the forums so they can do General Changes such as adding a new forum. We would all love Purge to join us, you guys know your stuff and we need to get together so we don't have people walking through the wrong door.
Waeloga Wrote:

Actually... it'll be ten years this May Wae Tongue Slamz created this site on May 30th 2002. It wasn't actually thepurge.net back then... but the essence has been there all along.

-turnip
Tolzan Wrote:I do have one. And I already have societies coming.

Edit: The main problem I had was that I had already had something set-up and you guys created these forums. I really like the idea that we are not going anyone else's society site for Alliance forums, and others feel the way I do.

we like to do whatever is easiest. back when you first created your forums, we felt it was easiest to just use /nation chat and skip forums altogether.

a day or so ago, somebody decided that having a forum would be good after all, and they probably forgot about your old offer (or they hadn't heard about it -- only some of us read the PotBS forums). and it's so easy to add another forum on our existing site, so that's what happened.

at this point, if it's easier to move to your forum than it is to get everyone over there to come over here, then I'd say that easy is the way to go.

that's what I think. we'll see what everyone else thinks. each of us makes our own decisions.

-ken
New World: Snowreap
Life is Feudal: Snowreap Iggles, Taralin Iggles, Preyz Iggles
Naval Action: Taralin Snow, Snowy Iggles
EQ2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Taralin, Disruption, Preyz, Taralynne, Snowy, Snowz
ESO: Snowreap, Yellowtail
PS2: Snowreap
GW2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Taralynne
RIFT: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Snowy
PotBS (British): Taralin Snow, Taralynne Snow, Snowy Iggles, Edward Snow
PotBS (Pirate): Taralin Snowden, Taralynne Snowden, Redshirt Snowden
WW2O: Snowreap
WAR: Snowreap, Preyz, Lbz, Leadz, Snowz, Taralin, Snowmeltz, Yellowtail, Snowbankz
APB: Snowreap, Sentenza
STO: Snowreap@Snowreap, Snowz@Snowreap
AoC: Yellowtail, Snowreap, Snowstorm, Redshirt
WoW (Horde): Snowreap, Savagery, Baelzenun, Wickedwendy, Taralin, Disruption, Scrouge, Bette
WoW (Alliance): Yellowtail, Wickedwendy, Snowreap
AC1: Snowstorm, Yellowtail, Shirt Ninja, Redshirt
GreenTurnip Wrote:Actually... it'll be ten years this May Wae Tongue Slamz created this site on May 30th 2002. It wasn't actually thepurge.net back then... but the essence has been there all along.

-turnip

We need to have a party.
My name is Waeloga and I approve of this message.
"Well if there is a god its nice to see the purge will have a solid representation in hell, which is good - we wont have to pug it." ~Jakensama
Tolzan,

Before the leaders of Purge give a thumbs up on using a different site I need to know who you are.

The idea we had in mind was we wanted to have "private" conversations with other Pirates guilds of like minds on strategies etc.

I looked last night for a Tolzan on line but maybe we just missed each other. Maybe we can set up a time to meet on line so I know who you are and what guild you are in.

After you and I talk if Zouji thinks you have your ish together we may use your facilities.

This has nothing to do with ego or anything like that. This has to do with our reputation as a guild. If Purge puts out some invites to people to set up private conversations and we tell people the information will remain private we want to make sure that it is true statement. We stand by what we say we are going to do and that is important to us.

We don't know you so I am sure you can understand why we would feel some reservations as to some stranger coming here saying "Hey Lets use my facilities". That is specifically the reason for Zouji being assigned to make sure we don't get anyone logged into to our conversations we don't want seeing them. This is a security issue only.

Let me know when we can meet up in game.

Vllad
We have officially decided to use your forums. I have already posted several things over there.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"