Looking to throw in my lot with a crew of determined SOB's
Let me begin by saying hello to all the members of the purge! Arrrr!

Saying, "I read that whole post you said applicants should read" is also a step in the right direction. > Check

Ill tell you a bit about how I play, why it is i would like to join you, but first i need to know my long term future with The Purge. I hope you guys are going allies of chaos, or our kinship is limited from the start. I'm gettin misty eyed already. No wait, thats a nose hair I just pulled. YArrrr!

I've been looking for a group of people who want to win, and don't give up. It is hard to find believe it or not, many people just don't like to put them selves out there and take a chance. I normally play with a group of about 6 RL friends, but we eventually end up in other guilds due to my pursuit of pvp or higher end raid participation. I've been pvping since the early days of EQ, some good times in galaxies before i knew we were cheating with combat medics Big Grin Lineage II was fun, although Knockersfordays my DE SH never quite made A grade. Guild wars had that awesome random team arena match generator. I have always enjoyed adapting to different situations, and crunching numbers for either DPS, crit rate, using excell spread sheets to max out etc...

I would have posted shortly after the merge but demands from my 3 month old daughter came first. As i have just attained 50 and have an extra buddies active account, I'm looking for some direction on the economy side as well as some groups for OS pvp.

A couple of requested questions to be answered;
* Independent minded player > Very
* Enjoys PvP and/or the economy > Yeah
* Tolerates PvE to the extent that it aids them in PvP and/or the economy > Yeah again
* Willing to get on Ventrilo and at least listen in > Got it, and if you don't mind hearing Sophia I will vocally respond.
* leet-dude-speak. (Abriged) Simply put, No prob

I play TF2, Day of defeat source, when i am not on pirates. Feel free to hit me up.

-Bootyswinder Brian
bootyswindler Wrote:* Willing to get on Ventrilo and at least listen in > Got it, and if you don't mind hearing Sophia I will vocally respond.
-Bootyswinder Brian

I assume Sophia is your kid? Don't worry about that. I hear "Hey Dad can I..." then silence, all the time. So yeah kids coming in over mics is pretty normal.

You just need to get on vent and group up with us. Then from there it is pretty obvious if you will like us and/or fit in with us. Also, ignore Diggles in vent. All the rest of us do Smile.

Ohhh one more thing, be prepared for adult conversation especially from Diggles. So try to keep any kids away from earshot of your speakers. But, if you have headphones/headset you will be fine.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
HE'S QUICK, HE'S STRONG, HE'S ACTIVE!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
Looking forward to it, see you guys in the red circles!
So I haven't had much success finding time to play lately, a situation I hope to resolve with some freaking parenting night classes or something!

I may be captain behind the times, but bare with me...

I am not sure where to post this, as i do not have access to the POTBS alliance forum. While rummaging through Antiqua's forms, I had an Idea to limit the chaos surrounding the pirate nation and its inability to agree on tactics for port battles. The only solution I see is an agreement between the relevant and dissenting society leaders before the port battle occurs. With the limit of national contention ports a settlement needs to be reached. If there is communication between the societies this should not be a problem.

Pirates are divided, not only by society but also by server now. We remember our old servers successes but here on antiqua we've regressed tactically by 3months by going in different directions, obviously. We don't need to re-learn how to play, and those who think they can win like back on their old server, should either take the initiative by flipping a port and scheduling a leadership role or quiet down with the demands. Take a port and in advance you can count on the opportunity to lead your way.

Imagine knowing while you flip a port that your tactics will be used! I for one would love to know which society will be leading which battle before I join, and there would also be an end to all those "we need to be united" bla bla bla posts that make pirates look retarded. With such an influx of players and invite issues, the first factor of success in a port battle should be to get all leaders to stop working against each other.

If this was agreed to, the fact of overpopulation wont be an issue. Of course many friends and seasoned pvpers will not make it to every port battle. Also for example, if The Purge claimed a port and was subsequently flipped, the other society leaders would be responsible for making sure when their members join in, it would be in the capacity to follow with the battle plan, including ship choice.

The stragglers who do not post forums, or do not have a society would be no problem, eventually. They will simply be told, "this is the tactic we're implementing, so buck up and stick to the plan!"

I've gathered that Zouji and some others are working towards something similar to this, and if there is anything that I can do to assist while unaffiliated please let me know.

~Bootyswindler Brian