The Origin of Purge
After reading Breands post on coming to AoC I thought I would try to put together a list of all known players and see if I can track how we evolved as a guild and playing community.

Obviously I am going to forget some names so this is how it will work.

You will only get mentioned by the name of your most renown character (Based on what Vllad feels is your most renown name). Flabtar Poppinfresh will not be used. His name is Flabby. Maull joined us as Vanraw but he will forever be known as Maull.

Please post corrections of when you first came across Purge/Iggles and I will edit the changes. There are many pale faces from Vallon Zek didn’t actually join us until WoW so while they knew us they didn’t join us until later.

Kyozuki types don’t count.

You had to have played more then one game with us to count.

Original Vallon Zek crew:

Slamz
Vllad
Dophuz
Ulfen
Maull
Hoofhurr
Flabby
Zens
Diggles
Wiggles/Rhoh
Shmobiggles
Tiggles
Voojinn
Chord
Minileed
Valenesca?
Zeeroh?
Kakarat

Original Vallon Zek players that joined us in later games:

Sorna
Rallick
Thudz
Veraphim
Aadrya
Dustie
Mallet
Morideth
Jawc
Moristans
Fiddler
Danker?
Orsun
Skaag
Zeel
Lowkii
Grundlesnapp
Shawonda
Breand
Blast
Maren
Karne
Cinderkitten

Joined us for the first time from Sullon Zek
Not sure we got anyone new from this server

Joined us for the first time from Shadowbane
Grizzle (Rafkin)
Cherryfruit

Joined us for the first time from DAOC
Don’t think anyone new played this with us.

Joine us in SWG
Grieve

Joined us for the first time in WoW
Samantra
Kelrin
Snowreap
Jakensama
Animality
Tarnek
Skelas
Trotts
Breand
Slithe
Eremith
Zouji
Waeloga
Sneakybone
Dilznic
Zylferr

Joined us for the first time in POBS
Dharus Tyrannus
Vargis
Bach

Unknowns?

Vllad
I wasn't in Iggles, but I am a Purgare founder.

Quote:Original Vallon Zek players that joined us in later games:
Veraphim
What entity do you mean by "us"? This thread is entited "Origin of Purge". Iggles!=Purge, although The Purge has lots of Iggles in it. I've been here(Purgare/The Purge) since the beginning.
Veraphim Wrote:I wasn't in Iggles, but I am a Purgare founder.

Quote:Original Vallon Zek players that joined us in later games:
Veraphim
What entity do you mean by "us"? This thread is entited "Origin of Purge". Iggles!=Purge, although The Purge has lots of Iggles in it. I've been here(Purgare/The Purge) since the beginning.

The theoritical "us" are the groups of people that were formed as a single entity before and during the creation of Purge. For example while Jawc and Karne may have played on Vallon Zek they were actually guilded in two completely different places on two different teams with guilds that neither before or afterwards had any relationship to Purge.

The other theoritical "us" is the continuation from game to game the excistance of the community. For example I have played additional games other then the ones listed above however none of those communities later joined or are currently a part of Purge so therefore not a continueance of the the Purge community and not part of the list.

I am sure their must be other people currently in Purge that came to Purge via other means. Hopefully they can post their version. This one just represents my own.

80% of the people on the list were with Purge from it's conception however it's origins go back much further then the start of WoW.

For example if you look at the list of players you can see the origins of Purge are very heavily influenced by the EQ Vallon Zek community. Looking at the list of players one might debate that Vallon Zek was the best community of players for people like Purge.

The origins of an entity and the founding of an entity are two different things. Maybe I should of used the word evolution but I think you get the point.

Vllad
Vllad Wrote:Unknown (where the hell did we get these guys)
Waeloga
Zouji

Zouji, Eremeth, and I were in a guild called "Big Bad Baddies" on bleeding hollow.
That guild merged with The Purge.
My name is Waeloga and I approve of this message.
"Well if there is a god its nice to see the purge will have a solid representation in hell, which is good - we wont have to pug it." ~Jakensama
Quote:80% of the people on the list were with Purge from it's conception however it's origins go back much further then the start of WoW.

Yes, we created it before Shadowbane even. Even before the beta. Even before *this* site existed, Purgare was together on EZboards.

I guess I'm trying to understand what "us" means in your post when it seems to be focused on who assimilated who.
"Us" means everything Vllad remembers. Which is actually quite impressive. More than I remember.

Is Krym on the list? He invited me to these boards before I quit EQ and also played WoW for a time.

Steppezhe?
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
I worry about Steppe. I used to call him on occasion and see how he was doin. He has hepatitis and hemophilia. Last I knew he wasnt able to walk. Good guy. Havent seen him since WOW.
Waeloga-"Flab is my idol"
"Original Vallon Zek crew" = MOD and Iggles, judging by the list. Was Smackz ever in Iggles? I seem to recall you staying with that other guild we were originally in when I went to Iggles, though we met back up later in Xanit.

Powerflux from Planetside shows up once in a while though he never seems to stick around.
Throw me in the WoW list Big Grin

I went from DAOC to WoW, never played EQ.
Ok, am not Karn who was in Xanit I think. Teh Frenchie!!!

I am Karne who was guild leader of the 7th Tower, then was in Sect of Silence, then started Crucible of Shadows with Bluud Thirsty hoping to start a human movement. After that failed miserably, I joined Defiant till finally deciding I had it with EQ. I kept in contact with some people through other games and then by total chance ended up on Crushridge with you guys after Big Bad Baddies merged with you....well not maybe total chance I think Orsun and Breand were talking with most of you then.

Things I remember about EQ....

Dophuz,"WTF was that..." after hitting him with a crit in the back with a throwing boulder as we chased each other around the Solusek zone.

Diggles always killing my rogue with his necro Sad

The tripple harm touch from Iggles when facing off in a pretty even battle between them and CoS.

I miss the comraderie and newness of MMO's from those days. It never has been the same for me since then.

Karne
I went by Breandan in all of my gaming incarnations, I was Breand for about a year on WoW as a shammie. On VZ I was a lifelong member of Knights of Vallon. Im the only KoV left. Burfoot and Mercer were in DAoC but didnt move on to WoW. I think Burfoot is still playing Vanguard....Im sure Diggles remembers him ;p

Some corrections:

Skelas was a guildmember of ours in DAoC, thats where we originally know him. We had a guild called Kindred. We moved over from there to WoW in Big Bad Baddies, which merged with the Purge.

I could also swear that Eremith (and Zouji, Waeloga) was from DAoC too. Im thinking Eremith and a guy named Traja were RL buds?

I could swear CK played on VZ too....

My gaming progression went: EQ, DAoC, Star Wars, City of Heros, WoW. There were definitely people in all of those games that went back to EQ and DAoC that I played with.
I don't believe I ever played with you guys in EQ, I only played briefly up to level 25 or so, and I have no idea which server I was on.

Mugwort/Klein/Ravencry was the one that introduced me to the Purge in WoW and that's where I first got on board. Smile

The only other MMO i've played for any length of time was a MUD, Moongate aka Materia Magica.
Flab Wrote:I worry about Steppe. I used to call him on occasion and see how he was doin. He has hepatitis and hemophilia. Last I knew he wasnt able to walk. Good guy. Havent seen him since WOW.

He played wow for a bit. Was in purge. Met him after the expansion in Zag playing a shamie.

He's a great guy. I worry about him too.

It would be cool to see some of these people listed here that we know are active. Minileed for instance was in WOW.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
Breand Wrote:I could also swear that Eremith (and Zouji, Waeloga) was from DAoC too. Im thinking Eremith and a guy named Traja were RL buds?

I never played DAoC.
Eremith, Traja, and Zouji played.
All four of us are good friends IRL.
My name is Waeloga and I approve of this message.
"Well if there is a god its nice to see the purge will have a solid representation in hell, which is good - we wont have to pug it." ~Jakensama
I played DAoC for a lil bit but got bored with it pretty quickly. The game I have played for the longest amount of time was UO (Catskills server) which I played on and off for 3+ years. I didn't play EQ. I played a lil DAoC with Soreth, Eremith, and Traja. Then later on I played Lineage II and Final Fantasy XI with Maligo. Then finally went to WoW with me, Waeloga, and Maligo. We switched servers to be with Soreth, Eremith, and Traja. We joined the guild they were in at the time which was Big Bad Baddies and the rest you know.

Ohhh and I don't know if any of ya'll played it but I used to play a LOT of Battlefield 1942. Name was UU {Kappa Foo} (pronounced Double U) and Maligo was CCC (pronounced Triple C) {Kappa Fu}. Was in a guild called Bad Company (b@d). We played in the Cal leagues and were pretty good for a small team.

Also, in the long long ago in the before time I used to play Quake 2 and my handle was Trigger Happy.

Also I didn't use the in game name of Zouji until WoW. In UO and DAoC I was Deathfyre. In Lineage II I was Kulestrai (something like that) and Maligo was Krimellia. In Final Fantasy XI I was Cymoril.
A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
HE'S QUICK, HE'S STRONG, HE'S ACTIVE!
You can take Alabama Man to the bowling alley, where he drinks heavily and chews tobacco!
HE CAN BOWL, HE CAN DRINK, HE CAN DRINK SOME MORE, ALA-BA-MA-MAN!
When wife asks him where he's been, just use the action button and Alabama Man busts her lip open!
"Shut up, Bitch!"
"Wow!"
BEATS HIS WIFE AND SLEEPS IT OFF, A-LA-BA-MA MAN!
I used to pwn Deathfyre everyday in UO. I had a prenerf mega-xbow, I was a jerk.
Waeloga-"Flab is my idol"
I joined up in WoW
Origin or the Purge? Thats obvious. One day long time ago a giant cloud of matter exploded. Out of that expanding ball of goodness was the Purge.
Gunldesnapper Krewe GW2
AT1 (AW) Fritsch <retired> USN
The half man!
List has been updated.
Logged in to the site for the first time in a long time. Saw this post and thought I would throw my name out there. I played with you guys in both EQ and WOW, even though I have always kept a low profile.
aka Bokthund; Alaurius
Yeah, I played Vallon Zek for many years. Led the elven purist guild <Illuvitae> once Tulweyen retired.

Ran into some old folks from Vallon Zek in Shadowbane, but most of you all had played dark elves or some other such nonsense back in the EQ days. Some names I recognized from EQ, some I didn't. Some I probably did but forgot because i'm old.
The CK Machine
[Image: HWL.gif]
Is there no one that started Purge with SWG?
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Don't think so. Although I never played release so not sure. Lineage2 either. I want to say that Jawc's brother Rawc started and ended his purge career in AC2 but I might be wrong.
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
The only person that joined us in L2 we got rid of...
...the guy that Hoofhurr recommended who said that the reason he typed so bad was because he had 2 severely mangled hands. (Although he seemed to play his character well enough)
That's why Hoofhurr isn't allowed to vouch for people anymore =)

Grieve first joined us for SWG. Then decided he was "having too much fun", and neglecting his wife/job/etc, so he quit.
Veraphim Wrote:The only person that joined us in L2 we got rid of...
...the guy that Hoofhurr recommended who said that the reason he typed so bad was because he had 2 severely mangled hands. (Although he seemed to play his character well enough)
That's why Hoofhurr isn't allowed to vouch for people anymore =)

Ahh... pure comedy. That guy was so god damned annoying.

No one actually joined us in SWG because we joined some other guilds during that time. That military-like named guild... can't remember what it was called but we started SWG with them and they had absolutely no idea how to run a guild. And then Black Knights... which was basically like being in a fraternity. Every other word on TS was an F-bomb or some racial slur. We left them pretty quickly as well.

-turnip