The Trojan Kodo
I wasn't there for it, but I really think the tale of the Trojan Kodo needs to be recorded here for posterity.

who was there who can tell a good story?

-ken
New World: Snowreap
Life is Feudal: Snowreap Iggles, Taralin Iggles, Preyz Iggles
Naval Action: Taralin Snow, Snowy Iggles
EQ2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Taralin, Disruption, Preyz, Taralynne, Snowy, Snowz
ESO: Snowreap, Yellowtail
PS2: Snowreap
GW2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Taralynne
RIFT: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Snowy
PotBS (British): Taralin Snow, Taralynne Snow, Snowy Iggles, Edward Snow
PotBS (Pirate): Taralin Snowden, Taralynne Snowden, Redshirt Snowden
WW2O: Snowreap
WAR: Snowreap, Preyz, Lbz, Leadz, Snowz, Taralin, Snowmeltz, Yellowtail, Snowbankz
APB: Snowreap, Sentenza
STO: Snowreap@Snowreap, Snowz@Snowreap
AoC: Yellowtail, Snowreap, Snowstorm, Redshirt
WoW (Horde): Snowreap, Savagery, Baelzenun, Wickedwendy, Taralin, Disruption, Scrouge, Bette
WoW (Alliance): Yellowtail, Wickedwendy, Snowreap
AC1: Snowstorm, Yellowtail, Shirt Ninja, Redshirt
Better yet, who fraps'd it?
Is this about using Kodos up against flags and have people tap it from inside them? Yeah, I was part of that heh.
The Trojan Kodo started before the Battlegrounds when we used it outside Tarren Mill with Hoofurr I believe.
ESO - Rallick of Purge (Sorceror) - The Purge (and various others)
RIFT - Rallock (Cleric) - Virus (Deepwood)
WAR - Rallick (ArchMage) - The Purge
WoW - Rallick/Mootendo - The Purge
EQ - Nintelten <Defiant>
Breand Wrote:Is this about using Kodos up against flags and have people tap it from inside them? Yeah, I was part of that heh.

When the Allianc e complained about that, we started using Tauren =), a few big meat shields around the flag =)
Trotts <-- Damn goldfish got stuck on my head.
Breand Wrote:Is this about using Kodos up against flags and have people tap it from inside them? Yeah, I was part of that heh.
no, this is the Trojan Kodo standing in the middle of the road in Hillsbrad.

-ken
New World: Snowreap
Life is Feudal: Snowreap Iggles, Taralin Iggles, Preyz Iggles
Naval Action: Taralin Snow, Snowy Iggles
EQ2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Taralin, Disruption, Preyz, Taralynne, Snowy, Snowz
ESO: Snowreap, Yellowtail
PS2: Snowreap
GW2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Taralynne
RIFT: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Snowy
PotBS (British): Taralin Snow, Taralynne Snow, Snowy Iggles, Edward Snow
PotBS (Pirate): Taralin Snowden, Taralynne Snowden, Redshirt Snowden
WW2O: Snowreap
WAR: Snowreap, Preyz, Lbz, Leadz, Snowz, Taralin, Snowmeltz, Yellowtail, Snowbankz
APB: Snowreap, Sentenza
STO: Snowreap@Snowreap, Snowz@Snowreap
AoC: Yellowtail, Snowreap, Snowstorm, Redshirt
WoW (Horde): Snowreap, Savagery, Baelzenun, Wickedwendy, Taralin, Disruption, Scrouge, Bette
WoW (Alliance): Yellowtail, Wickedwendy, Snowreap
AC1: Snowstorm, Yellowtail, Shirt Ninja, Redshirt
Hoof would probably be the best one to recount that story as he WAS the trojan kodo. God... that was freaking hilarious. I couldn't stop laughing on vent or TS (i think it was still TS at that time.)

-turnip
Rallick Wrote:The Trojan Kodo started before the Battlegrounds when we used it outside Tarren Mill with Hoofurr I believe.

Yes. Thanks for the nod. I was beginning to think no one loved me. :lol: Unfortunately I was probably drunk at the time so I'm not going to be the best source for that story.
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
Didn't this really start in EQ though? With bear form shennanigans? Not that a /who didn't tell you what was really in the zone, of course.
Good question. I don't remember anything from that far back lol.
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
Yeah, Hoof was the Trojan Kodo, that much I remember for sure.

The rest of the details are getting fuzzy over time, but basically the idea was to take as many players as possible and "hide" inside the huge Kodo/Cow right in the middle of the road in the busiest PVP zone during Early Wow days.

So picture a huge Cow riding a Dinosaur looking thing. Then picture about 20 players cramming themselves into the same exact spot in the road so they are hidden by the huge Cow.

Now imagine you are a player from the other team coming up the road looking for a fight and you see this lone Tauren in the just sitting there. Easy pickin's. right? WRONG!! As soon as the player (or group of players) got close enough we would all charge out from "inside" the huge Kodo/Cow and beat the shit out of them.

The funny part was trying to keep everyone calm until the Ally got close enough. The enemy would come up the road and then pause for a moment as they tried to figure out what the hell was going on with the Cow that didn't look quite right.

9 times out of 10, bloodlust would get the better of them and we'd swarm out and stomp them into the ground. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life the first time we pulled that off. You could literally see the panic in the Ally players as all of a sudden 20 horde appeared out of nowhere. Classic.

I'll certainly never forget the Trojan Kodo.
WAR = Zeel, Zeelio, Sheldon
WoW = Zeelio
EQ = Sheldon
RL = Sean
HAHAHA That would of been the funniest thing ever. Sad i missed it.