Mass Effect 2 Trailer
If anyone really enjoyed the game Mass Effect like me, you'll be elated to know that they are making the sequel (woot!). Here is the trailer for Mass Effect 2 for those interested.

(Warning - may contain very brief spoilers of Mass Effect. Clicking this link or any further continuation of this thread is at your own risk if you are still wanting to play the original and haven't yet).

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As-S5pG8x4o">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=As-S5pG8x4o</a><!-- m -->
The CK Machine
[Image: HWL.gif]
the preview is good too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-hhxqHmz...re=related

-ken
New World: Snowreap
Life is Feudal: Snowreap Iggles, Taralin Iggles, Preyz Iggles
Naval Action: Taralin Snow, Snowy Iggles
EQ2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Taralin, Disruption, Preyz, Taralynne, Snowy, Snowz
ESO: Snowreap, Yellowtail
PS2: Snowreap
GW2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Taralynne
RIFT: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Snowy
PotBS (British): Taralin Snow, Taralynne Snow, Snowy Iggles, Edward Snow
PotBS (Pirate): Taralin Snowden, Taralynne Snowden, Redshirt Snowden
WW2O: Snowreap
WAR: Snowreap, Preyz, Lbz, Leadz, Snowz, Taralin, Snowmeltz, Yellowtail, Snowbankz
APB: Snowreap, Sentenza
STO: Snowreap@Snowreap, Snowz@Snowreap
AoC: Yellowtail, Snowreap, Snowstorm, Redshirt
WoW (Horde): Snowreap, Savagery, Baelzenun, Wickedwendy, Taralin, Disruption, Scrouge, Bette
WoW (Alliance): Yellowtail, Wickedwendy, Snowreap
AC1: Snowstorm, Yellowtail, Shirt Ninja, Redshirt
I just LOVE the fact that they claim Mass Effect 2 (and 3) will have multiple STARTING points to it, based solely off how the player completed the previous game (evil, good, neutral, etc.). I think that's an amazing concept.

A Mass Effect novel is out now (or out soon) that takes place during the months directly following the events of part one. It does not star Sheppard or anything, but instead focuses on Cerberus (that pro-human corporation/group in the video game). It is written by Drew Karpyshyn, the writer of the video game, as well as Knights of the Old Republic. I think I'm going to pick it up, even though novels based on video games always seemed a little, um...not worth my time basically, since this is written by the original writer, I think I'll give it a shot.

Mass Effect: Ascension
Drew Karpyshyn
http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-Ascens...144&sr=8-3
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.
What I love about Mass Effect:

1. The Mako is the most badass all terrain vehicle of all time. Mountain in front of you? no problem!

2. 'Let me open up the rare stocks for you commander, enjoy' He never has shit, but he makes me feel like i'm in the club.

3. Witty elevator banter. "So, how's it feel knowing that you created a synthetic race that's going to wipe us all out?"

"I don't know, how's it feel knowing that only 1 in 1000 of your babies will survive childbirth?" Ouch.

4. The blue chick TOTALLY digs me, she's just playing hard to get.

5. The Normandy is the most badass ship in the fleet, and it's mine.

It's a very cool game, 20 bucks on steam. i've enjoyed it immensely.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
Anyone who has ever played it has enjoyed it immensely.

Or they're dumb.

That is all.

:wink:
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.
I think the dialogue has it's comedic-as-hell moments. Like when the Council starts bitching about some aspect of the mission, you can select the 'disconnect' option and Shepard will just hang up on them and say "oops". Everyone else chimes in with stuff like, "must be the solar radiation", lol.

Wrex was the freakin' MAN when it came to bringing the funny dialogue! Erm, by 'man', I mean figuratively. I mean, when asked how he felt about killing other Krogan, he replied with, "Anyone fighting us is either on Saren's payroll or just plain stupid. Killing the former is business, killing the other is a gift to the galaxy."

Then there was an argument between two soldiers working for Fisk that Shepard ordered to stand down, and they start bitching at each other. Wrex simply looks at you, shrugs, and says, "You know, it would have been easier just to kill them". I actually lawled IRL at that line! :wink:
The CK Machine
Ya know, i never played this game. I might need to give it a go.
Grumbles -{Engineer}- <Purge>
Valthar --{Shadowknight}-- <Fated>EQ
CK - Did you ever play the Knights of the Old Republic games? Made by the same company with similar dialogue, but a less action and more rpg combat system - was really great.

Although as much as I loved Mass Effect I really thought the driving part got repetitive, even the missions done via that were simple and less entertaining than the KOTOR side quests.
You guys have sold me. I bet you can find a copy for cheap too.
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
Steam, 20 bucks.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
Put a Cleaveland in front of that, Skelas, and it looks a bit like your mom's 'menu'.
Jakensama Wrote:CK - Did you ever play the Knights of the Old Republic games? Made by the same company with similar dialogue, but a less action and more rpg combat system - was really great.

Although as much as I loved Mass Effect I really thought the driving part got repetitive, even the missions done via that were simple and less entertaining than the KOTOR side quests.

I loved KOTOR! I even bought KOTOR 2, although that was a disappointment imho.
The CK Machine
They didn't finish Kotor 2, if you dig around in the files you can still find dialogue snippets from the intended ended. They were rushed and cut the last 15% of the game out, which is a shame because I like where they were going. I liked the idea that your guy from the first game went out onto unknown space to fight the 'true sith empire' where the sith ideals originated from.
Mass Effect is on my list for sure... Resident Evil 5 is going to push it back a bit, but I'll get to it eventually Smile
WAR = Zeel, Zeelio, Sheldon
WoW = Zeelio
EQ = Sheldon
RL = Sean