All Things Firearms Thread
Remington 870 Marine Magnum

12 gauge, 18" barrel, all nickel plated and holds 6 + 1.
It's smooth bore and can fire 2 3/4" and 3" shells (slugs and shot).

EDIT : Updated with new upgrades (UTG (200 Lumens) Tactical Flashlight and a Redhead 5 shell stock sleeve)

[Image: p4250080.th.jpg]

And this is the remote trigger for the flashlight attached conveniently on the forend where my left hand can easily depress it to turn it on and off.

[Image: p4250123.th.jpg]

New CCW. Springfield GI .45 Mil-Spec Micro Compact
[Image: dscf6294j.th.jpg]

Ruger P85 9mm - New Range Gun 9mm cheaper than .45. Tongue
[Image: dscf6383.th.jpg]

Weatherby .30-378
This rifle was my grandfather's passed down to my father and is now mine.
[Image: weatherby2.th.jpg]
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
She is very pretty. What's her name?
Game Tags
Skaag/Iceheart
Skaag51, Xbox Live
Skaag555, Steam ID
less guns, better digital camera IMO...or at least mount good camera on your gun
[should not have shot the dolphin]
Diggles Wrote:less guns, better digital camera IMO...or at least mount good camera on your gun

Camera's don't shoot people guns do.

Vllad
Diggles Wrote:less guns, better digital camera IMO...or at least mount good camera on your gun

The camera is actually really good that's why when I take the pictures they turn out like crap. It's not a point and shoot.

Anyways, this is not a camera thread!
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Nice man! Where did you get it from? I'm about to make some new purchases myself here but can't seem to find the models I'm looking for at any of the stores in Atlanta. Maybe wherever you bought it is some place I haven't tried yet!

And what range are you frequenting?

Bulgy
Bulgy Wrote:Nice man! Where did you get it from? I'm about to make some new purchases myself here but can't seem to find the models I'm looking for at any of the stores in Atlanta. Maybe wherever you bought it is some place I haven't tried yet!

And what range are you frequenting?

Bulgy

I bought this one at David's Gun Shop on Buford Hwy in Norcross. The staff is very friendly and very knowledgable. I go to an indoor range on the corner of Spalding Dr. and Medlock Bridge Rd. in Norcross because it's close to work. They let you shoot rifle and shotgun indoors as long as they're slugs.

I live in Windward and I'm thinking about joining Bulls Eye in Cumming (On 141 just West of 400). I think they have an outdoor and indoor range. That would be much more convenient for weekend shooting since it's much closer to where I live.

-Thomas Jefferson

Nice Thudz. I pitty the fool that trys to break into your house.

It turns out that my wife was even more against the idea then I thought. It was an absolute "no."

The deal I'm working out now, is to buy one and keep it at at a friends house. I would only be allowed to move it to our house in the case that civil unrest appears to be on the horizon.
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Personally I plan on following my parent's model when I get my own place. "Have enough weaponry to put the Marines to shame."
The difference between me and every other asshole is that I know I am one.
Dustie Wrote:Nice Thudz. I pitty the fool that trys to break into your house.

It turns out that my wife was even more against the idea then I thought. It was an absolute "no."

The deal I'm working out now, is to buy one and keep it at at a friends house. I would only be allowed to move it to our house in the case that civil unrest appears to be on the horizon.

You need to break the ice by bringing your wife to the shooting range. I've never met a person who didn't enjoy squeezing off a few rounds.

I brought my wife to the range a few years ago and she ended up going through 3 boxes of .45. She has no more of a problem with me spending money on a gun than on a TV or computer. She actually enjoyed holding the shotgun as I taught her how to handle and load/unload it. Next item on my list is actually a 1911 .45 for her.

-Thomas Jefferson

Jodah Wrote:Personally I plan on following my parent's model when I get my own place. "Have enough weaponry to put the Marines to shame."

My father has a five foot tall, standing safe and a smaller one packed full with rifles, shotguns and sidearms. I think he has close to 30 different firearms. Every time I visit he has a few new ones to show me.

I'm much more selective with my purchases. It's a pain in the ass and a serious money drain to maintain many different type of ammo. Right now I only have to buy three types (12 gauge, .30-.378 and .45 ACP).

-Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, Dustie. Take her to a range or a firearm safety class. I think a lot of people would feel safer around guns if they actually knew how to be safe around guns.
Thudz Wrote:
Jodah Wrote:Personally I plan on following my parent's model when I get my own place. "Have enough weaponry to put the Marines to shame."

My father has a five foot tall, standing safe and a smaller one packed full with rifles, shotguns and sidearms. I think he has close to 30 different firearms. Every time I visit he has a few new ones to show me.

I'm much more selective with my purchases. It's a pain in the ass and a serious money drain to maintain many different type of ammo. Right now I only have to buy three types (12 gauge, .30-.378 and .45 ACP).

Yea, I'm from a redneck household and we didn't believe in safes. I was taught how to handle guns when I was seven and since then there are weapons hidden all over the place.
Jodah Wrote:
Thudz Wrote:

Yea, I'm from a redneck household and we didn't believe in safes. I was taught how to handle guns when I was seven and since then there are weapons hidden all over the place.

The safes are more to protect the guns from people and not the other way around. Can't really walk out of the house with a half ton safe that's bolted to the floor.

-Thomas Jefferson

Yea, we just hide em behind stuff so you can't find em.
Thudz Wrote:I brought my wife to the range a few years ago and she ended up going through 3 boxes of .45. She has no more of a problem with me spending money on a gun than on a TV or computer. She actually enjoyed holding the shotgun as I taught her how to handle and load/unload it. Next item on my list is actually a 1911 .45 for her.

That works, bringing the frau out to shoot with my redneck buddys in Houston has softened her position on the gun thing now. I think there is a genetic predisposition of Germans and guns.
Jakensama Wrote:
Thudz Wrote:I brought my wife to the range a few years ago and she ended up going through 3 boxes of .45. She has no more of a problem with me spending money on a gun than on a TV or computer. She actually enjoyed holding the shotgun as I taught her how to handle and load/unload it. Next item on my list is actually a 1911 .45 for her.

That works, bringing the frau out to shoot with my redneck buddys in Houston has softened her position on the gun thing now. I think there is a genetic predisposition of Germans and guns.

My wife is German/Hungarian.

-Thomas Jefferson

Wow theres a lot more of you nuts living near me than i thought. I just have the one weapon in the house, a 20 gauge Winchester lady defender with 2 pistol grips and short barrel... looks pretty close to this, just a black matte finish.

[Image: msrg0200.jpg]
Observe Adapt Overcome

Plooot - lvl 80 Thief
Ill Tempered Rabbit -lvl 41 Hammer Guardian
Illusionary Doolist - lvl 10 irritating Mesmer
Venganza Wrote:Wow theres a lot more of you nuts living near me than i thought. I just have the one weapon in the house, a 20 gauge Winchester lady defender with 2 pistol grips and short barrel... looks pretty close to this, just a black matte finish.

[Image: msrg0200.jpg]

I'm looking at getting a tactical pistol grip and stock for mine. I'd like to get a new fore end as well that has a mounting rail on it for a flashlight.

-Thomas Jefferson

Thudz Wrote:
Jodah Wrote:
Thudz Wrote:

My father has three, five foot tall, standing safes packed full with rifles, shotguns and sidearms. I think he has close to 100 different firearms. Every time I visit he has a few new ones to show me.

The safes are more to protect the guns from people and not the other way around. Can't really walk out of the house with a half ton safe that's bolted to the floor.

Conditions for owning a gun in England-

All firearms in the United Kingdom must be licensed on either a firearm certificate (FAC) or a shotgun certificate.

Shotguns are defined in UK law as smoothbore firearms with barrels not shorter than 24" and a bore not larger than 2" in diameter, no revolving cylinder, and either no magazine or a non-detachable magazine that is not capable of holding more than two cartridges.[4] This effectively gives a maximum three round overall capacity, while shotguns with a capacity exceeding 2+1 rounds are subject to a firearm certificate. Shotguns thus defined are subject to a slightly less rigorous certification process.

A firearm certificate differs from a shotgun certificate in that justification must be provided to the police for each firearm; these firearms are individually listed on the certificate by type, calibre, and serial number. A shotgun certificate similarly lists type, calibre and serial number, but permits ownership of as many shotguns as can be safely accommodated. To gain permission for a new firearm, a "variation" must be sought, for which a fee is payable, unless the variation is made at the time of renewal, or unless it constitutes a one-for-one replacement of an existing firearm which is to be disposed of. The certificate also sets out, by calibre, the maximum quantities of ammunition which may be bought/possessed at any one time, and is used to record the purchasing of ammunition (except, optionally, where ammunition is both bought, and used immediately, on a range).

To obtain a firearm certificate, the police must be convinced that a person has "good reason" to own each gun, and that they can be trusted with it "without danger to the public safety or to the peace". Under Home Office guidelines, gun licenses are only issued if a person has legitimate sporting or work-related reasons for owning a gun. Since 1946, self-defence has not been considered a valid reason to own a gun. The current licensing procedure involves: positive verification of identity, two referees of verifiably good character who have known the applicant for at least two years (and who may themselves be interviewed and/or investigated as part of the certification), approval of the application by the applicant's own family doctor, an inspection of the premises and cabinet where guns will be kept and a face-to-face interview by a Firearms Enquiry Officer (FEO) also known as a Firearms Liaison Officer (FLO). A thorough background check of the applicant is then made by Special Branch on behalf of the firearms licensing department. Only when all these stages have been satisfactorily completed will a license be issued.

Any person who has spent more than three years in prison is automatically banned for life from obtaining a gun licence.[5]. Similarly, persons applying for licences with recent, serious mental health issues will also be refused a certificate.

Any person holding a gun licence must comply with strict conditions regarding such things as safe storage. These storage arrangements are checked by the police before a license is first granted, and on every renewal of the licence. A local police force may impose additional conditions on ownership, over and above those set out by law. Failure to comply with any of these conditions can mean forfeiture of the gun licence and surrender of any firearms to the police.

Pretty protective is an understatement. From what I understand they have to have a safe bolted to the ground with certain specs. Just an interesting tidbit I found out about when I was over the pond.
[Image: epicuo4.jpg]
SC2 Beta - Zerg
Gnarnok - White Lion - R40/RR54 - Retired
Gnarnok - 70 Gladiator Rogue - Retired
Gnarnok Wrote:
Thudz Wrote:
Jodah Wrote:
Thudz Wrote:

My father has three, five foot tall, standing safes packed full with rifles, shotguns and sidearms. I think he has close to 100 different firearms. Every time I visit he has a few new ones to show me.

Conditions for owning a gun in England-

All firearms in the United Kingdom must be licensed on either a firearm certificate (FAC) or a shotgun certificate.

Shotguns are defined in UK law as smoothbore firearms with barrels not shorter than 24" and a bore not larger than 2" in diameter, no revolving cylinder, and either no magazine or a non-detachable magazine that is not capable of holding more than two cartridges.[4] This effectively gives a maximum three round overall capacity, while shotguns with a capacity exceeding 2+1 rounds are subject to a firearm certificate. Shotguns thus defined are subject to a slightly less rigorous certification process.

A firearm certificate differs from a shotgun certificate in that justification must be provided to the police for each firearm; these firearms are individually listed on the certificate by type, calibre, and serial number. A shotgun certificate similarly lists type, calibre and serial number, but permits ownership of as many shotguns as can be safely accommodated. To gain permission for a new firearm, a "variation" must be sought, for which a fee is payable, unless the variation is made at the time of renewal, or unless it constitutes a one-for-one replacement of an existing firearm which is to be disposed of. The certificate also sets out, by calibre, the maximum quantities of ammunition which may be bought/possessed at any one time, and is used to record the purchasing of ammunition (except, optionally, where ammunition is both bought, and used immediately, on a range).

To obtain a firearm certificate, the police must be convinced that a person has "good reason" to own each gun, and that they can be trusted with it "without danger to the public safety or to the peace". Under Home Office guidelines, gun licenses are only issued if a person has legitimate sporting or work-related reasons for owning a gun. Since 1946, self-defence has not been considered a valid reason to own a gun. The current licensing procedure involves: positive verification of identity, two referees of verifiably good character who have known the applicant for at least two years (and who may themselves be interviewed and/or investigated as part of the certification), approval of the application by the applicant's own family doctor, an inspection of the premises and cabinet where guns will be kept and a face-to-face interview by a Firearms Enquiry Officer (FEO) also known as a Firearms Liaison Officer (FLO). A thorough background check of the applicant is then made by Special Branch on behalf of the firearms licensing department. Only when all these stages have been satisfactorily completed will a license be issued.

Any person who has spent more than three years in prison is automatically banned for life from obtaining a gun licence.[5]. Similarly, persons applying for licences with recent, serious mental health issues will also be refused a certificate.

Any person holding a gun licence must comply with strict conditions regarding such things as safe storage. These storage arrangements are checked by the police before a license is first granted, and on every renewal of the licence. A local police force may impose additional conditions on ownership, over and above those set out by law. Failure to comply with any of these conditions can mean forfeiture of the gun licence and surrender of any firearms to the police.

Pretty protective is an understatement. From what I understand they have to have a safe bolted to the ground with certain specs. Just an interesting tidbit I found out about when I was over the pond.

That's the definition of tyranny.

-Thomas Jefferson

That's how you end up under the thumb of a queen with no say in your government at all.

We have England's tyranny to thank for our bill of rights though, so cool.

BTW this has become a political thread and must go off to the hidden forum to be shat on by those 14 sadists, gj thudz!
Observe Adapt Overcome

Plooot - lvl 80 Thief
Ill Tempered Rabbit -lvl 41 Hammer Guardian
Illusionary Doolist - lvl 10 irritating Mesmer
Venganza Wrote:That's how you end up under the thumb of a queen with no say in your government at all.

We have England's tyranny to thank for our bill of rights though, so cool.

BTW this has become a political thread and must go off to the hidden forum to be shat on by those 14 sadists, gj thudz!

Technically since I worship firearms and things that go boom this has been a religious thread from the start and should be in the kiddie's forum.

-Thomas Jefferson

At least your God can be proven Thudz....
I respect that.
Dustie Wrote:Nice Thudz. I pitty the fool that trys to break into your house.

I understand peoples concern about accidental shootings, but honestly, if you are attacked...do you really want to wait for police or try to run? I'd rather do what that Texas guy did...tell 911 you're about to cap this mofo coming at you.

Dustie..why dont you start out with something small like high powered pellet or .22? Target/trick shoot and show that there are other sides guns.
[should not have shot the dolphin]