Etraders
I think some of you use Etrade. I have it for a trading account. I'm a bit worried. The stock is now at .60 a share, and I'm hearing S&P 500 is going to dump allot of the finacials that are in the dumps, which will force the index funds to dump more stock.

I haven't read anything about it being a risk of insolvency. But thinking about pulling out and grabbing a different brokerage firm.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
Vanraw Wrote:I think some of you use Etrade. I have it for a trading account. I'm a bit worried. The stock is now at .60 a share, and I'm hearing S&P 500 is going to dump allot of the finacials that are in the dumps, which will force the index funds to dump more stock.

I haven't read anything about it being a risk of insolvency. But thinking about pulling out and grabbing a different brokerage firm.

I have tried not to think about this. What a pain in the neck. I'll just put my blind faith in the SIPC. If my stocks get tied up for a while during a "work out" then so be it. In conditions like these, it will be a good way for me to keep myself from selling anything.
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Doh, I use ETrade, and I hadn't noticed the stock price at all. Market cap is only $338M - you would think someone would buy them for the customer base alone.

Unless you have a huge amount in there (over a half mil), it should be safe thanks to SIPC insurance. But it might be tied up for a while if it goes under.
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market