Outa here june 9th
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://usmilitary.about.com/od/airforceenlistedjobs/a/afjob3c0x1.htm">http://usmilitary.about.com/od/airforce ... b3c0x1.htm</a><!-- m -->

8 1/2 week vacation here I come Big Grin
[Image: epicuo4.jpg]
SC2 Beta - Zerg
Gnarnok - White Lion - R40/RR54 - Retired
Gnarnok - 70 Gladiator Rogue - Retired
I would start running now to get into shape. Big Grin

Congrats!
Maranatha!

Maranatha\Amarantha\Dolmori\Helojoki

Riz says, "That's made of pure bacon and win!"
Congrats man. Keep me safe!
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
1000xZero Wrote:I would start running now to get into shape. Big Grin

Congrats!

yep started last month. found out real quick that bacon and cheese dont help much in the running category :cry:
SC2 Beta - Zerg
woot!

Good luck to you and hope you get a lot out of the experience.

/salute
Game Tags
Skaag/Iceheart
Skaag51, Xbox Live
Skaag555, Steam ID
good luck not dying in some god forsaken backwater shithole of a country
[should not have shot the dolphin]
Grats Gnar - give 'em hell!

And stuff.
~ The Duskwood Gankster ~
WoW & Beyond: Grizzle / Grizol
EQ/SB: Rafkin / Kriticos / Dudain
Best of luck, enjoy shaving your head.
buy spares of everything, boots buckles insignia etc, and save a set for inspections. And don't eyeball me son.
Observe Adapt Overcome

Plooot - lvl 80 Thief
Ill Tempered Rabbit -lvl 41 Hammer Guardian
Illusionary Doolist - lvl 10 irritating Mesmer
And don't follow orders to perform a code red or tom cruise will put you in jail.
Congrats Gnar.
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Thanks Big Grin it's the job I wanted.
SC2 Beta - Zerg
Gratz Gnarnok. You'll enjoy San Antonio in the summer and Biloxi is particularly superb in late summer early fall. Smile
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
I'm dreading running in San Antonio in June lol. :cry: I hear it's an awesome city though.
SC2 Beta - Zerg
Brush up on your spanish, San Antonio is practically Mexico.

At least Austin, the best city in the world, is nearby.
They'll sometimes have "flag days" where you'll study instead of exercise because it's too dangerously hot out.

But yeah, do situps, pushups, etc, too.

And on the first day when they have you exercise, take it easy. Don't push it. What they'll really want to see is improvement and it's a lot easier to improve if you start off in the back 50% rather than the front 10%.

And basically be mentally prepared to put up with a lot of asinine bullshit with a straight face. I don't know if the AF training program has changed at all, but my chief complaint about it when I went through was that it really teaches you to keep your head down and stay the fuck away from everyone else in your building because the best you can hope for is to not go down with them when they screw up. It's also possible I just had a moron drill sergeant, too.

Also, assume you are going to have 0 free time. Go in expecting someone to tell you how to spend 100% of your time and you'll do well.
Thanks for all the tips. I'll probably poke my brother too, he's fresh outa basic his self.
SC2 Beta - Zerg
just remember to write in your blog at the end of each day, keeping us up to date in the adventures of Doogie Howser.
Always the king of sarcasm Big Grin
SC2 Beta - Zerg
Thudz Wrote:Gratz Gnarnok. You'll enjoy San Antonio in the summer and Biloxi is particularly superb in late summer early fall. Smile

I grew up in Biloxi and several times during the year visit my folks who still live there. Let me know when you will be there!

Bulgy
A few tips...

Memorize your SSN now.
Wear normal cloths to BASIC and have a normal haircut, not long and NOT shaved.
Tell your family to send you NOTHING but the occasional letter. No FOOD!
Keep your mouth shut.
Volunteer for NOTHING.
Follow each instruction to the letter.
Don't over achieve, atleast not at Boot Camp.

Never say 'OK'
Never smile or laugh.
Learn to stand at attention for long periods of time.
Learn to eat fast and load up on your water at chow time.

Use disposible razors and throw them out after each shave. Electric shavers are impossible to keep clean enough to pass inspection.

Fold a few pair of underwear and undershirts once perfectly and NEVER touch them or wear them. Have two sets of uniforms that you are either always wearing or in the laundry. Perpetually folding cloths to pass inspection is a pain in the ass and time consuming.

Snitches get stitches!

And I hope you don't mind taking showers with 30 other guys in an open 20'x20' room.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
I'm guessing I'll show up late august. let you know when its more solid
SC2 Beta - Zerg
Yeah I wouldn't have lasted 24 hours.
Thudz Wrote:A few tips...

Memorize your SSN now.
Wear normal cloths to BASIC and have a normal haircut, not long and NOT shaved.
Tell your family to send you NOTHING but the occasional letter. No FOOD!
Keep your mouth shut.
Volunteer for NOTHING.
Follow each instruction to the letter.
Don't over achieve, atleast not at Boot Camp.

Never say 'OK'
Never smile or laugh.
Learn to stand at attention for long periods of time.
Learn to eat fast and load up on your water at chow time.

Use disposible razors and throw them out after each shave. Electric shavers are impossible to keep clean enough to pass inspection.

Fold a few pair of underwear and undershirts once perfectly and NEVER touch them or wear them. Have two sets of uniforms that you are either always wearing or in the laundry. Perpetually folding cloths to pass inspection is a pain in the ass and time consuming.

Snitches get stitches!

And I hope you don't mind taking showers with 30 other guys in an open 20'x20' room.

All good tips!!!
Even in the Canadian Military!
How quickly does your drill instructor tell you that you have to saddle your moose to avoid punishment?