IE7Pro for spell check
FYI, I have finally re-installed Ie7Pro on my new machine so you can now enjoy spelling mistake-free posts from Dustie again. I know you were getting upset.

I highly recommend it:
http://www.ie7pro.com/spell-checker.html
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
I just use Firefox.

Built in spellchecker.
Slamz Wrote:I just use Firefox.

Built in spellchecker.

Why do you hate Microsoft so much?

But seriously, are people on the IE team stupid? Why wouldn't it come packaged as it does with the other browsers? It's not as though MS doesn't have the technology.

Weird.
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
I'm pretty well convinced that whatever Microsoft used to be, they are now largely staffed by chimpanzees.
Slamz Wrote:I'm pretty well convinced that whatever Microsoft used to be, they are now largely staffed by chimpanzees.

I actually get that feeling myself. I do wonder if it's not a culture change since Gates left.
I usually type posts in Outlook and copy to the browser. But sometimes I'm lazy and just don't give a shit.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
Office 03 was probably the pinicle of Microsoft, and they will never reach that high again. I think they got rattled pretty bad after the 2000 lawsuits. Now Euro Union has sued them multiple times over petty stupid shit like bundling IE with XP.

If I was Microsoft I would have completely pulled out of Europe and told them to go fuck themselves. Its not like they can make you pay fines if you no longer do business there.

This is also why I dont run a billion dollar organization.
[should not have shot the dolphin]

Built in spellchecker.

This ^ Big Grin
[Image: epicuo4.jpg]
SC2 Beta - Zerg
Gnarnok - White Lion - R40/RR54 - Retired
Gnarnok - 70 Gladiator Rogue - Retired
Gnarnok Wrote:

Built in spellchecker.

This ^ Big Grin

QFT.

But I still miss spell shit, cause Im lazy and sometimes type with my forehead.

On Microsoft, they have been asleep for some time now. I wonder if its just monopolistic complacency? Or is there the legal concerns related to the Browser being provided with the OS.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
Microsoft has played a smart business game, in that it's hard to get away from Windows and it's nearly impossible to compete with it. As soon as you realize all the things you CAN'T do with an alternate OS, you go back to Windows.

The problem I have is that they've been getting sloppy. There is so much weird shit bundled into Windows now and a fair amount of performance is being sacrificed for weird features that you, as a home user, will never want or likely even know about.

Computer power doubles every 18 months and Microsoft Windows gets twice as slow and twice as big every 18 months -- that's my theory. I think they've really lost sight of the goal of Windows. I don't think they have one anymore. Their goal is that of a software company stuck in maintenance mode: just keep shoveling in features and fixing bugs and growing the code with no real long term plan, until you reach the point where hardly anyone alive fully understands the product or can tell you what it's doing right at this moment.

They need to step back and redesign it. Keep the "Crazy Enterprise Version, Now With Extra Shit" that takes 5 minutes to boot up and settle down because it's starting up 50 different services, but also release the "Home" edition that basically does DirectX, networking and supports only basic NTFS features.

They need to go back and think about what they NEED to do and create a version of Windows that slim and fast.

I would seriously switch to Mac or Unix if I could play all the games on it.
It does get irritating when your CPU is running at 80% while you're doing nothing. And you say "what's it doing?" to which the answer is that its either:
1. Running anti virus scans
2. Running a auto defrag
3. Running updates
4. Running one of the 5000 SVCHOST sub processes that can be running at any given time (both legit and sinister hijacks)
5. Running a check to find you a lower price on a hotel in Tahiti (even if you don't travel)

etc etc