It's that time of year again.
Time to grill!

Went out and bought a new grill this weekend. A Brinkmann 4 burner propane grill with Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates a side burner and 48,000 BTUs of cooking power. Picked it up for $199 at Home Depot.

[Image: p5090088v.th.jpg]

[Image: p5090094.th.jpg]

The first meal!

[Image: p5090107.jpg]
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
The second meal!

[Image: p5110126.jpg]
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

/drool
Moristans: err

What the f*** Skelas - I know this is NSFW, but I coudn't watch this at work...

-Orsun
I may have to get some kind of grill myself. For the first time, I have a back porch that can be grilled on. What's in the aluminum foil?
Corn on the cob.

Turn in your penis sir.

I'm looking for a grill now. Unfortunately my association does not allow two things, gas grills, or lighter fluid. I have no clue what to look for that would be as cool as having a gas grill or old smoky.

-Orsun
lol
GW2_Guardian
SWtOR_Marauder
WAR_White Lion_Iron Rock
Amins_WOW_Shaman_Crushridge
Aminion_DAOC_RM_Mid/Guin
Bnobo_Dark Ages_Monk/Rogue
Suck it Fred. Corn on the Cobb on the grill is fuggin great.
Waeloga-"Flab is my idol"
I love me some grilled corn on the cob. Any real man who's ever barbecued should recognize it though.

:wink:

-Orsun
That's what I thought too, but he's grilling corn in the husk in one picture, so I thought he might have some other concoction in the tin foil.

What, you think corn is the only thing you can cook in tin foil on a grill?

Pfft.
Slamz Wrote:That's what I thought too, but he's grilling corn in the husk in one picture, so I thought he might have some other concoction in the tin foil.

What, you think corn is the only thing you can cook in tin foil on a grill?

Pfft.

It's all about prep time. If I have time to prep like I did Saturday I grill in the husk. You have to remove the outer husks and leave the very light colored inner husks and then peel them back and remove all the silk. After soaking in water for 15 minutes with a brush apply some extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and other spices and put the husks back in place. Pretty time consuming but absolutely incredible. If you don't have the prep time just husk them and wrap them in foil with oil and salt and throw them on the grill. Not as good as in the husk but better than boiling them any day.

-Thomas Jefferson

Hah. Grilled corn hmmmm. I've been grilling for the last 5 months. Now that we are consistently over 100 degrees everyday it's time to move back inside. Makes me sad!
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
next time you grill sweet corn, might i suggest.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Garlic-Butter-Parmesan-Corn">http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Garl ... mesan-Corn</a><!-- m -->

awesome stuffs
Thudz, NoooooO!

Gas grills are the realm of the Dark Almighty! There is no point to cooking on a gas grill! It's just like cooking on your gas range inside, just that you are outside!

Grilling is about smoke, and smoke is about wood or charcoal. Can't get that from gas. Sure you can load in your chips or whatever, but it isn't the same. Call me a purist, but if it isn't charcoal or wood, you aren't grilling, you're just cooking outside.

Grilled corn = win. Nothing more to say about that.

Perhaps a charcoal grill will fix Moristans problem. No gas, no lighter fluid.... sounds like a charcoal grill to me!

Bulgy
Bulgy Wrote:Thudz, NoooooO!

Gas grills are the realm of the Dark Almighty! There is no point to cooking on a gas grill! It's just like cooking on your gas range inside, just that you are outside!

Grilling is about smoke, and smoke is about wood or charcoal. Can't get that from gas. Sure you can load in your chips or whatever, but it isn't the same. Call me a purist, but if it isn't charcoal or wood, you aren't grilling, you're just cooking outside.

Grilled corn = win. Nothing more to say about that.

Perhaps a charcoal grill will fix Moristans problem. No gas, no lighter fluid.... sounds like a charcoal grill to me!

Bulgy

I've long debated this with myself. I find the convenience of the gas makes up for the lack of smoky flavor. And I do plan on using chips. I have plans for a wood pit at my next house. This grill will get me through the summer.

-Thomas Jefferson

bonestomper Wrote:next time you grill sweet corn, might i suggest.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Garlic-Butter-Parmesan-Corn">http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Garl ... mesan-Corn</a><!-- m -->

awesome stuffs

I will give this a try next time. Sounds good.

-Thomas Jefferson

We just make everyone smoke cigars before they eat.
Waeloga-"Flab is my idol"
Quote:Perhaps a charcoal grill will fix Moristans problem. No gas, no lighter fluid.... sounds like a charcoal grill to me!

Bulgy

Yeah, I think so. I can't even use the presoaked, easy start charcoal though.

Any suggestions on the best way to start a charcoal grill with no fluid and old school charcoal? I'm assuming my association will allow me to use matches and actual flame.

-Orsun
Moristans Wrote:
Quote:Perhaps a charcoal grill will fix Moristans problem. No gas, no lighter fluid.... sounds like a charcoal grill to me!

Bulgy

Yeah, I think so. I can't even use the presoaked, easy start charcoal though.

Any suggestions on the best way to start a charcoal grill with no fluid and old school charcoal? I'm assuming my association will allow me to use matches and actual flame.

Get a charcoal chimney.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.grillstuff.com/weber-rapidfire-chimney-starter.html?productid=273&gclid=CJrels7cwZoCFRMhnAodvkXcsA">http://www.grillstuff.com/weber-rapidfi ... nAodvkXcsA</a><!-- m -->

-Thomas Jefferson

I'll stick with my old Weber saucer grill.

[Image: weber-compact-kettle-grill-47cm-21504.jpg]
Observe Adapt Overcome

Plooot - lvl 80 Thief
Ill Tempered Rabbit -lvl 41 Hammer Guardian
Illusionary Doolist - lvl 10 irritating Mesmer
I don't have a porch or patio, so I must rely on the ole George Forman grill. It's great for heating up leftover pizza.
~ The Duskwood Gankster ~
WoW & Beyond: Grizzle / Grizol
EQ/SB: Rafkin / Kriticos / Dudain
That, and you only have 8 weeks out of the year to barbecue. Hardly seems worth the investment in a grill.

-Orsun
In two hours, I take my crock pot full of steak, bbq sauce, onions and garlic that have been marinated for 12 hours out and slap it on the grill for a quick browning. Hmmm hmmm.
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
Hoofhurr Wrote:In two hours, I take my crock pot full of steak, bbq sauce, onions and garlic that have been marinated for 12 hours out and slap it on the grill for a quick browning. Hmmm hmmm.

Sounds great. Do you have a recipe for the marinade or is it store bought?

-Thomas Jefferson