Wrongful house seizure
I'm wondering what you guys with guns would have done in this situation

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubHlWjIGAfI&feature=haxa_popt00us0f">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubHlWjIG ... popt00us0f</a><!-- m -->

You have proof your home is paid for, but the court and bank both deny it. Police are coming to remove you from your rightful home.
[should not have shot the dolphin]
Mistakes happen. I'd start out with the lawyers. Going for the guns isn't going to end well if your enemy is going to be the police department, which is going to have a whole lot more people and guns than you.

Now if the government was going door to door and confiscating houses without regard for the law, then I'd skip the lawyers and go straight for the guns, probably sniper style from somewhere outside...

Although in a dispute between a bank and a homeowner as to who owns the home, I don't see why the police sided with the bank without an investigation. At the very least, it seems foolish to risk the lives of the officers on your force without a proper investigation. The homeowners in this case didn't go for guns, I wouldn't go for guns, but some people certainly would.
I'll watch it a 2nd time, but I believe they had already taken their proof to the court and the judge didnt believe it.
This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.
The police power of government, if they really want your stuff they can come take it. Only things that hold them back are property rights, the 2nd amendment, and common sense.. all 3 are eroding slowly.
Observe Adapt Overcome

Plooot - lvl 80 Thief
Ill Tempered Rabbit -lvl 41 Hammer Guardian
Illusionary Doolist - lvl 10 irritating Mesmer
I misread the title and thought it was "Wrongfull Horse Seizure", was a bit confused for a second...
Ulfen Wrote:This video has been removed due to terms of use violation.

Yep. I think the govt wants to keep this quiet!
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
The jist was their bank was purchased by Wacovia and Wacovia was claiming they still owed on their mortage, even though they had the paperwork to prove their mortage was paid off.

They brought their paperwork to some court and the judge didnt believe it so they were moving forward with siezure of the home.

The police swat was called in to remove these people from tresspassing on their own property.

The old lady was talking on the phone to some talk show when the cops did their breach.
Is there evidence they were telling the truth, or are we just taking their word because they aren't the gubmint?
Diggles Wrote:The jist was their bank was purchased by Wacovia and Wacovia was claiming they still owed on their mortage, even though they had the paperwork to prove their mortage was paid off.

They brought their paperwork to some court and the judge didnt believe it so they were moving forward with siezure of the home.

The police swat was called in to remove these people from tresspassing on their own property.

The old lady was talking on the phone to some talk show when the cops did their breach.

This case should be easy to figure out. They can take her bank records, employment income, IRS records and tax information (including inheritance info) , and property tax records to figure out roughly how much she paid on this house. The only way they wouldn't be able to track down the truth, is if she inherited a large sum of money without reporting it, and then used it to pay off the house.
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Maybe her grandson can become a professional golfer to get her house back from Shooter McGavin.
Jakensama Wrote:Maybe her grandson can become a professional golfer to get her house back from Shooter McGavin.

lol

That would be the other case where it might be tough to track down the money trail.
The only times I can see resorting to guns against the police is

1) Middle of the night no-knock warrant (No time to ask questions, you're fucked either way)

2) SHTF scenario like Katrina where they are confiscating weapons and my weapons are the only way to protect my family.

All other instances I go to court and if the first judge dismisses I get a better lawyer and appeal.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
The only other case I would add to Thudz list is long term abuse.

If our goverment shows a long term abuse of this issue it is time to organize a real armed militia and start a real revolution.

Vllad
Thudz Wrote:The only times I can see resorting to guns against the police is

1) Middle of the night no-knock warrant (No time to ask questions, you're fucked either way)

2) SHTF scenario like Katrina where they are confiscating weapons and my weapons are the only way to protect my family.

All other instances I go to court and if the first judge dismisses I get a better lawyer and appeal.

Even if are retired and on fixed income, and the house will likely not be there if you ever did win in court?
Diggles Wrote:
Thudz Wrote:The only times I can see resorting to guns against the police is

Even if are retired and on fixed income, and the house will likely not be there if you ever did win in court?

It's still just a house. Draw down on cops and you'll likely lose your life. Only if your life is threatened should you ever use lethal force.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
Even if you don't lose your life you would be tossed in jail.
you mean to say it doesnt all work out in the end like the movie 'The Negotiator?