AoE Effects
One thing that I would like to see implemented is AoE damage that effects all not just your enemy.

You AoE an area with damage and everyone is damaged(Friendly Fire).

You AoE a buff and everyone in range gets it.

You AoE heal and everyone in range is healed.

I think this adds realism to the game. Any thoughts?
Maranatha!

Maranatha\Amarantha\Dolmori\Helojoki

Riz says, "That's made of pure bacon and win!"
Agreed
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
D&D rules or pretty much any pencil and paper RPG
[should not have shot the dolphin]
1000xZero Wrote:One thing that I would like to see implemented is AoE damage that effects all not just your enemy.

You AoE an area with damage and everyone is damaged(Friendly Fire).

You AoE a buff and everyone in range gets it.

You AoE heal and everyone in range is healed.

I think this adds realism to the game. Any thoughts?

I like this for heals and buffs, but not so much damage. Initially, the thought of AE damage was very tempting, as it would cust down on spam and cause players to think and play more strategically. The problem, however, is that most players play bunched together, or close enough to where AE spam would hit them. This means that an AE specific class would essentially have to stand around in battle and not do anything for fear of killing teammates.

The other role of an AE'er would be to run into enemy lines, but most AE classes are cloth, so you might get one AE off before dying, and also the other teams would simply run into your ellied lines, forcing you to either use AE on your friends or, again, stand around useless.

If you can make AE FF without making an AE class, or AE offensive abilities useless, then that would be perfect. I just don't see that happening.
~ The Duskwood Gankster ~
WoW & Beyond: Grizzle / Grizol
EQ/SB: Rafkin / Kriticos / Dudain
there should never be direct target or aoe specializations, it should all depend on how you develope your character. if you are dumb enough to only pick AoE spells or weapons, then expect your team to take a hurtin if you get caught together or bunched up

range needs to matter more, cover and terrian needs to matter more
players should run slower and have to use stamina in order to burst
[should not have shot the dolphin]
I think we all agree that the Planetside method of AoE plus friendly fire is the best option.

Vllad