All Things Blades Thread
As much as I like firearms my primal side likes blades even more. Here is the new chopper I just purchased for my assualt pack.

I ordered from <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.knifecenter.com">http://www.knifecenter.com</a><!-- m -->. <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store_detail.html?s=ONSP8">http://www.knifecenter.com/kc_new/store ... ml?s=ONSP8</a><!-- m -->

Quote:Premium quality machete for superior cutting, sawing, prying and comfort. Handle is made of comfortable durable polymer. 10" blade made of 1095 carbon steel, epoxy powder coated. Blade thickness .250". Double milled sawteeth for superior cutting, flat end for prying. Lanyard cord included.Durable Cordura® Sheath and leather wrap construction for extra stength. Side loading with 4 snaps. Leather belt with swivel ring. Tie down cord included.

Here is a picture of the blade in it's leather sheath.

[Image: p6070027.th.jpg]

Here is the vinyl side of the sheath where the snaps are.

[Image: p6070029.th.jpg]

Here is the blade, notice the nice saw back and rounded tip.

[Image: p6070032.th.jpg]

I needed to trim the low branches off our plum trees and it made short work of this nearly 2" branch.

[Image: p6070037.th.jpg]

And here it is strapped to the side of my assualt pack. Also pictured you can see the feed tube for my new HydraStorm 100oz Hydration bladder which deserves it's own post.

[Image: p6070040.th.jpg]
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
I just picked this up a while back (old reliable):

[Image: 119.jpg]
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
I still like my little SOG "PE14 Pentagon Elite"

It's a great little utility pocket knife. The best thing about it is you can flip it out and put it away one handed. Probably had it for 5 years or so. Has a little serrated section helpful for cutting small wires and so forth, too.
Dustie Wrote:I just picked this up a while back (old reliable):

Yea talk about old reliable. Ive had my buck knife for 25 years.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
The company that made my machete is Ontario Knife Co. out of NY, made in the USA. They make very quality blades that are prevelant in the field with our armed forces. My next purchase is probably going to be a RAT5.

About $90 at KnifeCenter.

[Image: rat5.jpg]
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Vanraw Wrote:

It's a decent enough design but not quite chopper material. I'd consider it a hunting blade and not a survival blade.

-Thomas Jefferson

Slamz Wrote:I still like my little SOG "PE14 Pentagon Elite"
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
It's a great little utility pocket knife. The best thing about it is you can flip it out and put it away one handed. Probably had it for 5 years or so. Has a little serrated section helpful for cutting small wires and so forth, too.

I have something similar for my pocket knife. It's received alot of abuse but still takes an edge well enough. The case will fall apart well before the blade. I'll probably need to replace it soon.

-Thomas Jefferson

Thudz Wrote:
Vanraw Wrote:

It's a decent enough design but not quite chopper material. I'd consider it a hunting blade and not a survival blade.

For chopping, I have this:

[Image: gerber-sport-axes_med(4).jpg]
http://www.ultimatesurvival.com/product_...uct_ID=964

Edit: I have a second all metal hatchet for my larger kits (this one is very lightweight).
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
I've heard great things about the Gerber axe. I wanted to limit the weight of my pack so I decided to go with a multi purpose tool. My machete can do everything the hatchet can do and most of the things the Bowie can do and several things neither can do all in one small package.

-Thomas Jefferson

I've always had a love for damascus steel, not as practical but i don't care.

[Image: Damascus-Mammoth-mont.jpg]
Observe Adapt Overcome

Plooot - lvl 80 Thief
Ill Tempered Rabbit -lvl 41 Hammer Guardian
Illusionary Doolist - lvl 10 irritating Mesmer
That sure is pretty.

-Thomas Jefferson

It sure isTongue The way it's folded while forging allows for all different patterns and such.
Observe Adapt Overcome

Plooot - lvl 80 Thief
Ill Tempered Rabbit -lvl 41 Hammer Guardian
Illusionary Doolist - lvl 10 irritating Mesmer
A friend at Geeksquad had one of these and I bought one the next day, I love the lock system for these blades. They are by far the easiest to do 1 handed, both opening and closing.

Mine has a textured handle that makes it easier to grip though + its very light, 4.3oz

[Image: 720.jpg]

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.benchmade.com/products/product_detail.aspx?model=720">http://www.benchmade.com/products/produ ... ?model=720</a><!-- m -->
[should not have shot the dolphin]