Links To Quality Vendors
Please sticky this! Where the hell did my privileges go to?!?

This thread will be used to track vendors that we've personally purchased from, their customer service and overall shopping experience. If you purchase an item fit for this forum please post a link to the vendor's site and a description of the item purchased and a rating of 1-5, 1 being bad and 5 being good that would help others decide if they will use the vendor in the future.

I will keep the OP updated with the vendor listing.

Vendors

http://www.knifecenter.com

"I purchased an Ontario Knife Co. machete from this vendor online. Shipping was prompt and the product arrived in a timely manner and was nicely packaged. I will purchase from this vendor again." (5 Stars) - Thudz

http://www.emgear.net

"I purchased both my Maxpedition Condor II assault pack and my HydraStorm 100oz hydration bladder from this vendor. This is a local North Georgia vendor that I encountered at the last gun show I attended. I spent more time at their booth than anyother. It's run by a young couple that seemed to really be into outdoors survival stuff and they knew what they were talking about. Both of my purchases shipped same day, even one that was ordered around 6PM at night, and were delivered the next day because I'm one county over from their distribution center. I will purchase from this vendor again." (5 Stars) - Thudz

http://www.rei.com/

This vendor gets the Vanraw and Dustie seal of approval.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.rei.com/">http://www.rei.com/</a><!-- m -->

I've bought almost all of my camping gear from REI.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
Vanraw Wrote:http://www.rei.com/

I like REI too. Everything I have is either from REI or Hudson Trail Outfitters.
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Did you guys go with the coop membership? Is that worthwhile?
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
I've always found REI it be more expensive then other online retailers.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Hoofhurr Wrote:Did you guys go with the coop membership? Is that worthwhile?

It depends how much you spend there. It's nice getting a check from them at the end of the year (they've since switched over to a simply "bonus" program I beleive). I was there the other day and had 5 bucks in rewards to apply to my purchase so I'm guessing that's the new method. Back when I spent a lot more money on camping gear I would get 100 dollar checks at the end of the year. In addition, REI is already cheaper so I think REI is a win win. (Hudson trail does have more of the high end stuff though, like my gore-tex rain gear all comes from there).
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Dustie Wrote:

It depends how much you spend there. It's nice getting a check from them at the end of the year (they've since switched over to a simply "bonus" program I beleive). I was there the other day and had 5 bucks in rewards to apply to my purchase so I'm guessing that's the new method. Back when I spent a lot more money on camping gear I would get 100 dollar checks at the end of the year. In addition, REI is already cheaper so I think REI is a win win. (Hudson trail does have more of the high end stuff though, like my gore-tex rain gear all comes from there).

The most economical choice is Military surplus. There are hundreds of online vendors to choose from as well as regional Militray Surplus stores. You can buy ALICE and MOLLE packs for less than $50 if you just look around.

One site I like is. <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cheaperthandirt.com">www.cheaperthandirt.com</a><!-- w -->

-Thomas Jefferson

Dustie Wrote:

Yea what Dustie said. I have the membership. In general its a coop style business. In shopping around Ive always found the best deals to at REI for the stuff Ive been shopping for. The key, like anything else, is to look for the sales and such.

The best part of REI is the staff. Ive yet to run across anyone in the store that doesn't know their shit. And on several occasions I will get interesting advice like "Hey if you wait 2 weeks we have this sale coming and you can get that tent for 40% off".
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
Vanraw Wrote:The best part of REI is the staff. Ive yet to run across anyone in the store that doesn't know their shit. And on several occasions I will get interesting advice like "Hey if you wait 2 weeks we have this sale coming and you can get that tent for 40% off".

Yep, that. I guess REIs are the same everywhere.

I do want to check out more army surplus stores. The ones near me have gone down hill. Sunny Surplus was an awesome place when I was young and now they just have a bunch of Colemen tent gear (and I think it's not even called Sunny's anymore).
Dustie Wrote:
Vanraw Wrote:http://www.rei.com/

I like REI too. Everything I have is either from REI or Hudson Trail Outfitters.

I give REI a thumbs up 2