Family Vacation
Work is sending me up to Portland for a few days so I decided to align it with the family's summer vacation. I'm open to recommendations of sights and attractions. We are making a road trip out of it. We already plan on stopping at Mount Rushmore. We also plan on taking I-90 through Wyoming, Montana, Idaho and into Washington.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
Gorgeous country that. I can't really say much other than Yellowstone and Old Faithful. You'll see loads of bison and almost certainly bear if not Griz. Good stuff.
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
Beautiful drive. Stop in Seattle for a few hours and go by Pike Place Market and the Seattle Center. The Sci-Fi museum at the center is kinda cool. Also, you can have some coffee with Grizzle. =P

Are you gonna hang out with Wiggles in Portland?
Moristans: err

What the f*** Skelas - I know this is NSFW, but I coudn't watch this at work...

-Orsun
Right now the only plans we've made certain are a stop at Mt. Rushmore and a stay at Fort Stevens State Park on the Oregon coast just NW of Portland. Everything in between is still open. I have to be in Portland on the 20th and 21st. We're leaving Atlanta on the 11th and we don't have to be back until the 28th.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Ive vacationed in that area.

Yellowstone is really a can't miss. so many things to see there, Old Faithful, hot springs, the field of bison. We saw bears, moose, bison, elk, and fox. Great visit.

Jackson Hole, WY is a touristy area at the Grand Tetons and is a good Base of Operations for Yellowstone. The town is great, lots of activities for families. One cool thing was a Covered Wagon Ride up a mountain, and then they have a huge BBQ there with music and other activities. We also went white water rafting there.

Also in Montana is Little Big Horn, site of Custer's Last Stand. They have a cool museum and tour there, and you can walk/drive the field and they have markers that show where every soldier and Native fell.
Right outside of Bozeman, MT is the gallatin river which is GREAT white water rafting. If you have time you might want to take a couple hours and run some rapids.
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
Silas Minyard is in Portland. aka Wiggles. At least go for a beer!
Kakarat Keys ~ Thief ~ Guild Wars 2
Kakarat ~ Shaman ~ WoW ~
Kakarat ~ Witch Hunter ~ WAR:AoR
Riona ~ Knight of the Blazing Sun ~ WAR:AoR
Kakarat ~ Swashbuckler ~ EQ2 ~ Venekor
Eef Eigten[F-18]~ 60 Aracoix Rogue ~ Shadowbane
Kakarat ~ 60 Ogre Warrior ~ EQ ~ VZ
I wanna go too.
Cannon Beach, just southwest of Portland, maybe a 2hr drive to the coastline. Decent surf, great seafood, and amazing costal scenery.
GW2_Guardian
SWtOR_Marauder
WAR_White Lion_Iron Rock
Amins_WOW_Shaman_Crushridge
Aminion_DAOC_RM_Mid/Guin
Bnobo_Dark Ages_Monk/Rogue
a big ++ to Yellowstone, its amazing.
Zephyrs Wrote:a big ++ to Yellowstone, its amazing.

I have a full three week trip to Yellowstone planned for next June. I want to avoid it on this trip and focus on other places we will not get to see next year.

-Thomas Jefferson