Making an offer on this house tomorrow
Breand Wrote:Well, I did use to go to the same restaurant (in Buckhead...it has a giant fish sculpture outside) every night because it was the only decent meal. I didnt really see the type of people Vllad is talking about though, but I really only dealt with professionals. The fatty to skinny quotient is VERY high tho. I think every engineer at Turner was at least 300 pounds.

We don't eat out much but when we do we have found places without much search that were very nice. I particulary like BBQ and there is no shortage here.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
We made our offer. We should hear soon. In related news we are eligible for the full $8000 federal tax credit and an $1800 Georgia tax credit for this purchase. Although I don't agree with this government subside in principal I will be taking the money and stimulating the local economy so I don't feel so bad. We are going to screen in the back porch and fence the property. The Man Cave will also be getting a new LED big screen. Smile

I did not think we were eligible because this is not my first home but the Federal definition of first time buyer is someone who hasn't owned a property in the last three years. I sold in the Fall of 2006 and have rented since. My wife is first time buyer, she wasn't on our first house.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Oh my, I've done it again...
*choo choo*

One little question from Canadian Fretty and *explosion*. haha.
I also read every reply, but since my questions obviously mean I don't know the answer, I rarely have anything to input after *explosion* happens.
But everytime this happens, I feel a little more educated, so thanks! =)

P.S. - That's amazing about the refunds Thudz, seems like you're really lucking out here, so good luck and keep us updated!
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.
Thudz Wrote:I particulary like BBQ and there is no shortage here.

TX BBQ > Georgia BBQ. Pulled pork can't hold a candle to tasty texas brisket. Plus sauce exists to cover shitty meat (like that vile substance ketchup), so there is really no skill in Georgia BBQ.

Although if I could get either here in krautland, I would be a happy man. At least I finally have a back yard so I can do it myself (with the pork, no chance of getting good beef)
we have a Texas gal in our Fantasy Football league and years back she flew up for the Super Bowl. Her one carry on item was a huge case of Texas Brisket....mmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Jakensama Wrote:
Thudz Wrote:I particulary like BBQ and there is no shortage here.

TX BBQ > Georgia BBQ. Pulled pork can't hold a candle to tasty texas brisket. Plus sauce exists to cover shitty meat (like that vile substance ketchup), so there is really no skill in Georgia BBQ.

Although if I could get either here in krautland, I would be a happy man. At least I finally have a back yard so I can do it myself (with the pork, no chance of getting good beef)

You do realize you can get Texas BBQ, Memphis BBQ, Carolina BBQ and even Mongolian BBQ in Georgia. So when I say BBQ I wasn't talking about a specific BBQ but all BBQ and there are plenty of each around here.

-Thomas Jefferson

I do concur. The only meal that Atlanta could be proud of is JJ's rib shack.

If you haven't eaten at JJ's then you haven't eaten BBQ. It is the best BBQ I have eaten anywhere. That includes, Kansas City, Memphis, Dallas, Houston, Birmingham, Jackson and New Orleans.

Vllad
Vllad Wrote:I do concur. The only meal that Atlanta could be proud of is JJ's rib shack.

If you haven't eaten at JJ's then you haven't eaten BBQ. It is the best BBQ I have eaten anywhere. That includes, Kansas City, Memphis, Dallas, Houston, Birmingham, Jackson and New Orleans.

Vllad

Did you eat at the Varsity? If you like Burgers I think you'd like the Varsity.

-Thomas Jefferson

Thudz Wrote:You do realize you can get Texas BBQ, Memphis BBQ, Carolina BBQ and even Mongolian BBQ in Georgia.

They have Texas BBQ In Cincinnati too, but it isn't anything authentic Smile
Jakensama Wrote:
Thudz Wrote:You do realize you can get Texas BBQ, Memphis BBQ, Carolina BBQ and even Mongolian BBQ in Georgia.

They have Texas BBQ In Cincinnati too, but it isn't anything authentic Smile

It doesn't have to originate from Texas to be authentic just like New York style pizza doesn't have to originate from NY to be authentic. I consider myself a New York style pizza epicure and I have found two authentic pizzerias down here in Georgia of all places. It seems some people besides me think it's better down here than up in New York so they migrated here. Amazing.

-Thomas Jefferson

Thudz Wrote:
Vllad Wrote:I do concur. The only meal that Atlanta could be proud of is JJ's rib shack.

Vllad

Did you eat at the Varsity? If you like Burgers I think you'd like the Varsity.

Where was the Varsity? Once I ate at JJ's I stopped going anywhere else for BBQ. That name is familiar and since I am taken out to lunch about 150 times a year I am pretty sure I went everywhere.

Look up JJ's and go. You won't go anywhere else for BBQ.

Vllad
I ate at the one in Athens when I was visiting my brother's third class SEC school. Wasn't bad if I recall.
Offer accepted.

-Thomas Jefferson

Grats Thudz, I'm offering on one of my own here in the next couple weeks. (Which I promised myself I wouldn't do in my 20s... grrr.)
Jakensama Wrote:Grats Thudz, I'm offering on one of my own here in the next couple weeks. (Which I promised myself I wouldn't do in my 20s... grrr.)

I bought in my 20s and ended up making 120K in 4 1/2 years. I've held out the last three years knowing the market was heading down. I believe now is a good time to get back in.

-Thomas Jefferson

Yeah, I am getting a fantastic house way below market value because the current owner has to sell quickly. I'm somewhat happy with it though, and will admit, that after all I said about home ownership not being the be all and end all, it will be nice to sit down in my own property...
Congrats Thudz!!!
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.
Gratz, Thudz!

We'll be down to visit and check out the other houses in the neighborhood as soon as you're moved in...
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
Closing tomorrow. Underwriting was a breeze unlike in 2002 when I last bought.

-Thomas Jefferson

can't wait to visit. room enough in the man cave for dear old dad?
10mm man Wrote:can't wait to visit. room enough in the man cave for dear old dad?

As long as you don't mind sleeping on the hardwood floor. Smile The room probably won't be furnished until after the holidays.

Been painting all day...tired. Movers come Monday morning.

-Thomas Jefferson

Grats Thudz!
Moristans: err

What the f*** Skelas - I know this is NSFW, but I coudn't watch this at work...

-Orsun