Testosterone and gaming
Apparently you only get a "fix" in pvp when killing people you don't know. Killing your buddies, on the other hand, actually turns you into a woman.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn17868-gamers-are-more-aggressive-to-strangers.html">http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1 ... ngers.html</a><!-- m -->
Interesting read. I tend to agree with it too, as I play a lot of FPS games and can vouch for this articles claims.
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.
Its nice to know you can count on that testosterone surge to make sure you can keep in game shape for a nice dominoes match.

Too many games to fit in signature....
Apparently this only applies to people under the age of 40. Put me in a room of strangers and Dophuz and I can guarentee you Dophuz is dying first.

Our criteria for the quality of a board game in the 80's was:

Can I fuck with Dophuz on the first turn. If not the box goes on the shelf.

Vllad
I agree with Vllad. My favourite period of gaming was playing Age of Empires and Worms against Slamz, Dustie, Vera and Thudz here in the office. Much more fun to beat people when you can crow about it afterwards as you walk out to the parking garage. Smile And even more fun to repeatedly manipulate Dustie into turning against Slamz by making him think I was "almost dead"... Wink
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
After re-reading the link the counter study wasn't even done with Americans. Plus no American that wasn't a student was studied under conditions of playing with people they know.

Why do studies make so many leaps?

This is how things like global warming and conspiracy theories get started.

Vllad
Grieve Wrote:I agree with Vllad. My favourite period of gaming was playing Age of Empires and Worms against Slamz, Dustie, Vera and Thudz here in the office. Much more fun to beat people when you can crow about it afterwards as you walk out to the parking garage. Smile And even more fun to repeatedly manipulate Dustie into turning against Slamz by making him think I was "almost dead"... Wink

Even more fun was spending 18 hours dismantling your towers one by one.
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Dustie Wrote:Even more fun was spending 18 hours dismantling your towers one by one.
I don't recall ever having more than 2 or 3 towers. Maybe 4 tops...
Uncle Shags Wrote:Killing your buddies, on the other hand, actually turns you into a woman.

Greive did kill me a lot in past games ... and he is kind of, you know ... I guess that explains that
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Dustie Wrote:
Uncle Shags Wrote:Killing your buddies, on the other hand, actually turns you into a woman.

Greive did kill me a lot in past games ... and he is kind of, you know ... I guess that explains that
You are making a leap that I would categorize you as a buddy. Wink
Now that was harsh. =P
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.
Grieve Wrote:
Dustie Wrote:

You are making a leap that I would categorize you as a buddy. Wink

Well I certainly won't call you a "girl friend" if thats where you're going with this.