Headsets
Do any of you use a bluetooth headset for ventrilo? I'm looking for recommendations, I've never tried a bluetooth headset and don't want to pick one up that doesn't have good sound quality.
Never used it with my PC or vent, but this is what I use with my cell phone. Its also a stereo headphones for listening to music and such on the phone. It works very well, though the mic struggles a bit in the wind. The headphone quality is great.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9013881&st=s9-hd&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1218008375207">http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 8008375207</a><!-- m -->
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
we have two bluetooth headsets for use with the big-screen pc, both of them chosen for their very long battery life (a Plantronics Voyager 520 and a Plantronics Voyager 815). battery life is very important if you're going to be on Ventrilo, since a gaming session can go much longer than your typical phone call.

the sound quality is noticeably poorer than you get with a wired headset, or so other Purge have told me. they all sound fine to me, though (but I wouldn't bother listening to anybody's DJ bot on Ventrilo through them, the sound isn't *that* good). apparently the microphones on these small bluetooth earpieces pick up a lot more ambient noise (and there's a lot of it in my living room) than the microphones on my bigger wired headsets.

if you don't have a really good reason to switch to a wireless headset, I'd stick with something wired if possible. I've been very happy with my Sennheiser PC 350's, which are excellent at blocking external noise (although my ears get hot if I wear them too long) and which have a very good microphone. if you want true surround sound, I've seen a couple of good reviews for the Logitech G35.

-ken
New World: Snowreap
Life is Feudal: Snowreap Iggles, Taralin Iggles, Preyz Iggles
Naval Action: Taralin Snow, Snowy Iggles
EQ2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Taralin, Disruption, Preyz, Taralynne, Snowy, Snowz
ESO: Snowreap, Yellowtail
PS2: Snowreap
GW2: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Taralynne
RIFT: Snowreap, Yellowtail, Preyz, Taralin, Snowy
PotBS (British): Taralin Snow, Taralynne Snow, Snowy Iggles, Edward Snow
PotBS (Pirate): Taralin Snowden, Taralynne Snowden, Redshirt Snowden
WW2O: Snowreap
WAR: Snowreap, Preyz, Lbz, Leadz, Snowz, Taralin, Snowmeltz, Yellowtail, Snowbankz
APB: Snowreap, Sentenza
STO: Snowreap@Snowreap, Snowz@Snowreap
AoC: Yellowtail, Snowreap, Snowstorm, Redshirt
WoW (Horde): Snowreap, Savagery, Baelzenun, Wickedwendy, Taralin, Disruption, Scrouge, Bette
WoW (Alliance): Yellowtail, Wickedwendy, Snowreap
AC1: Snowstorm, Yellowtail, Shirt Ninja, Redshirt
I was actually going to suggest finding out which ones Snowreap uses and then don't use those...
I do seem to remember having a really hard time hearing Snowreap in Ventrilo. If it was because of a bluetooth headset I will have to steer clear of them.
Might just be his particular mic. As I recall, it mostly just sounded like he was talking with a garbage can over his head. Kinda muffled.
And little do you all know...that's actually his voice and not his mic!!
Rude bastards.

Kidding Snowreap. Wink
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.
Snow says "Hey fuck you guys, I like my mic"
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]