Is Texas Instruments a leading indicator?
TXN earnings report showed strong growth across all their chip environments. While they were less then a year ago, its interesting to see demand up across all their segments. TXN is one of the companies that make core components that feed a huge scope of products.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE%3ATXN">http://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE%3ATXN</a><!-- m -->

If this is a sign, then I am thinking we will see a bump in shipping next.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
Lots of positive outlooks from Dow components this morning, especially Caterpillar (huge beat), as well as Texas and Apple last night. I think it bodes very well for 2010, despite the "sell on the news" selloff today.
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
How much of this is due to restocking low inventories? Retail sales are still down.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
Thudz Wrote:How much of this is due to restocking low inventories? Retail sales are still down.

Inventory must stay on top of demand. I like TXN as a indicator because their chips are not the shinny CPU's that get all the press, but the little chips inside things you never hear about. Just about every electronic product you pick up has some sort of TXN hook in it. The fact that they are seeing a rise in demand across all sectors is good news.

I think we should see good chninees job recovery as a result..... :twisted:
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]