V the series
Anyone watching it? It worth DVRing? I don't remember being all that enthralled with the first one, but then again I wasn't enthralled with the first BSG either.

Anyone have any feedback?
Skelas

Burnt to a crisp.
I didn't think I'd like it, especially after watching the entire original V series on SciFi over the weekend. But, so far I think it's fantastic!!! I like the modern look, effects and attitudes, not to mention the great looking people :lol:.

I hope it sticks around, unlike Invasion (which I also liked very much). I sure wish the SciFi channel had created this, it might last a lot longer. We'll see.
[Image: Signature.jpg]
I was curious as well, since I didnt watch the first pilot. So Ill watch it online when ABC opens it up.

Note that there have been some shows recently that were turning into pretty good shows in the science fiction arena that have all been canceled with out ever giving them a chance. The main reason is ratings.

I am now under the belief that too many people use Bit Torrent to down load these kinds of shows. Meaning that SCifi type shows ar3e more apt to have an audience that is capabile and willing to use bit torrent. The problem with this is that the ratings stay in the floor and the network canceles because they cant justify the cost with out ratings.

So Ill watch this, and then make sure I have the TV on if I like it. That way they might keep a show more then 8 shows (ie Defying Gravity).
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
I had never even heard of the original but i'll give this one a shot - the original battlestar galactica was dogshit (I actually tried to watch it and was like "wow, this is what you people considered entertainment before I was born")and the new one was good, so maybe this one can redeem a shitty 80s series.

Hopefully the aliens will cry into thier cereal.
I remember liking the original but I was like 8 at the time or something when every new idea was enthralling.
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
I enjoyed it! I loved the original when I was younger so I wasn't going to miss this one. Hopefully it stays around.
ESO - Rallick of Purge (Sorceror) - The Purge (and various others)
RIFT - Rallock (Cleric) - Virus (Deepwood)
WAR - Rallick (ArchMage) - The Purge
WoW - Rallick/Mootendo - The Purge
EQ - Nintelten <Defiant>
I was a bit underwhelmed by it. Looked nice, but the dialogue was pretty ropey. And they tried to cram too much into the first episode. I'm probably just remembering the original being better than it actually was...although the reveal of the Vistor's true nature back then was MUCH better...

http://www.youtube.com/v/VObQfWMgmIM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP49-qfty...re=related
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
I remember the reveal being better in the original as well.
Well part of it, as I recall, was that in the original V you had no idea it was coming. "Hey, what's she doing with that OH SHIT."

Being a remake kind of spoiled the surprise.

I'm enjoying it so far, granted "so far" is one episode.
Yeah, I gotta admit, the impression the reveal in the original V left is almost on par with the opening scene of Star Wars, except you had a super hot Jane Badler and a guinea pig instead of an Imperial Star Destroyer and a rebel cruiser.
Moristans: err

What the f*** Skelas - I know this is NSFW, but I coudn't watch this at work...

-Orsun
Ok so I have to watch it. My son told me it absolutly sucked, but then he is the biggest negative movie critic I know....
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

I'm glad I am not blinded by nostalgia to see how horribly cheesy that reveal is. Smile
seriously, who parks a fucking space ship over a city?!
we need to make our own movie about an alien take over

they engineer a virus that wipes out the majority of humans in a month....end of script~
[should not have shot the dolphin]
Diggles Wrote:seriously, who parks a fucking space ship over a city?!
we need to make our own movie about an alien take over

they engineer a virus that wipes out the majority of humans in a month....end of script~

Or the fact that if they need water , they could just melt a comet or something with less hassle than invading a planet =)

I did love the original mini-series tho, but I was a kid and easily pleased =) My neighborhood friend and I used to run around pretending we were Donovan and Ham all the time.
I caught up. The first 2 episodes were entertaining. Ill finish watching it until it becomes "Paint Wallow".
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

I can't remember exactly what the premise of the original series was.... in the end, though, water is not what they were after.

I imagine the new series is getting around to something similar, if not the exact same thing.
If I recall, it was natural resources in general. It was never really clear why they still needed the Humans. Probably to enslave as workers. I recall that the first step was that they blamed all the scientist for cancer and diseases. Basically planting evidence that they always had the cure. This made it so that all the "smart people" were remvoed, leaving all us dumb asses to be enslaved.

I cant remmber if they wanted us a food source. I know they would swallow big rats whole, which was part of the reveal.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

--Gandhi

Oh ya the rat thing was awesome.