huge THQ package for $50
only until Monday, pretty crazy deal:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2539/">http://store.steampowered.com/sub/2539/</a><!-- m -->

includes all the Warhammer RTS games
Oo! That is a crazy good deal. I may have to get that just so that I'll always have plenty of crap to download to play later if I get bored. Some of those titles are things I was vaguely interested in but didn't want to pay the toll. There's definitely $50 of entertainment in that huge list though.
Was tropico 3 worth paying 40 bucks for? Left 4 dead 2 is having crashing problems on my computer and annoying me.
Not really. Tropico 3 is pretty cool as a "Sim City" type game but the combat is really simple and cheesy and the game is just too easy. I'd wait until it comes down in price. It's fun, but I don't think I got my $40 of entertainment out of it.
Regarding Tropico... if you're sufficiently bored, you might get "Tropico Reloaded". $15 on Steam, it's Tropico 1, the expansion and Tropico 2.

One of the complaints about Tropico 3 I'm hearing is that it's identical to Tropico 1, just with better graphics and in 3D. So for under half the price you can get a lot more of the same gameplay, just not in full 3-D.
Seems like a pretty good deal. I find however that I never end up playing more than 1-2 of the titles I buy in those types of deals. It's definitely a good marketing idea though to squeeze a few more buckaroos out of old titles.
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
I bought this. Seems like a a few titles that I was interested in.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
Full Spectrum Warrior is pretty interesting. It's a tactical squad based game. You control 2 squads of modern infantry engaged in urban combat (Iraq style). You seem to fail the mission if any 2 of your guys go down. Your guys do not seem to be terribly good shots but apparently they carry like 500 clips so it's okay. Otherwise the game is definitely going for a "simulator" angle.

Although I wish there was a command for "move forward slowly and watch out for guys with machine guns who want to murder you". Usually if I lose someone it's because they were blindly going where I told them and didn't look both ways before crossing the street (which I thought ought to be implied behavior).

You'll need to open up the manual (right click the game from Steam for the manual) and print out the keyboard command list at the end, at least. The game itself doesn't seem to have a tutorial so really doesn't do much to help you get started. Ah yes, the good old days where we had to use manuals...
Ya apparently that's the game they use for actual combat simulation in the military.
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]