Poll: What's an hour of entertainment worth?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
$1
12.50%
2 12.50%
$2
25.00%
4 25.00%
$4
0%
0 0%
$5
18.75%
3 18.75%
$7.15 (Minimum Wage)
0%
0 0%
$14.42 - Hourly wage before taxes if you make $30 a year
6.25%
1 6.25%
$14.50 Best Selling Hard Cover on Amazon
0%
0 0%
$20
6.25%
1 6.25%
$24.04 - Hourly wage before taxes if you make $50k a year
6.25%
1 6.25%
Other - Please Explain
25.00%
4 25.00%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Fun Per Hour
Quote:If you paid $100 for something and someone else pays $75 for it, you got screwed.

I suppose.
Moristans: err

What the f*** Skelas - I know this is NSFW, but I coudn't watch this at work...

-Orsun
So I went out drinking sat night and somebody swiped and skimmed my ATM card's pin number and made off with 2 grand before i shut it down.

I can certainly say 2 grand for 6 hours of drinking was above my fun/hour threshold.
Jakensama Wrote:So I went out drinking sat night and somebody swiped and skimmed my ATM card's pin number and made off with 2 grand before i shut it down.

I can certainly say 2 grand for 6 hours of drinking was above my fun/hour threshold.

What does "skimmed" mean? How did they get your pin?
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Theres been a scam here where they hide little cameras near the atm and then try to swipe cards of people as they are leaving the area, i got pickpocketed after getting cash out and didn't realize it 'til they had already withdrawn the daily limit.
Your daily limit is 2 Gs? Confusedhock:

-Orsun
Yeah thats the default, WTF.

Glad I didn't know that last time I was down in vegas.
Does your bank cover your loss once it's proven as stolen?
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.
I'll have to argue with them since the criminal got my pin number and got money that way, I've heard they try to accuse you of writing your pin on your card.

Fortunately I have legal insurance here (as they are more lawsuit happy in Germany than the US) which means non high level dispute you permanantly have an attorney on retainer. If the bank fucks with me they should take care of it.
Glad to hear it then, I hope you get it all back.
Banks try to accuse their clients of anything possible to not cover them in cases of loss, it's horrible. They act like insurance companies do, but with your money.
Fretty
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
When someone stole my Bank of America bank card and spent $1200 they had it back to me within 24 hours.
Jakensama Wrote:Theres been a scam here where they hide little cameras near the atm and then try to swipe cards of people as they are leaving the area, i got pickpocketed after getting cash out and didn't realize it 'til they had already withdrawn the daily limit.

Did someone bump into you? I'm always checking after anyone bumps into me, as it seems like thats how they mainly happen.
[should not have shot the dolphin]
Quote:When someone stole my Bank of America bank card and spent $1200 they had it back to me within 24 hours.

Yeah, I have no complaints whatsoever about how BofA handles claims. Of course, they freeze my ATM card even if I try to run up a bigger charge or withdraw more cash than my typical pattern. They pretty much freeze my card out of hand as soon as I try to use it outside of my home state. I've just gotten into the habit of calling customer service first and letting them know I'll be travelling.

The one time I did have bogus charges on my BofA card, they refunded the charges by the next atm withdrawal.

I got my Union Bank card stolen once, and they required a letter of explanation with an itemized list of the fraudulent charges, plus a police report. A month later, they refunded the charges.

-Orsun
Son of a gun, my credit card company just called and said my card was used illegally for some online purchases today.
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Dustie Wrote:Son of a gun, my credit card company just called and said my card was used illegally for some online purchases today.

Have you used it somewhere you don't normally use it? Perhaps an online site or a gas station you don't normally visit? Those are the most common ways credit card info gets compromised.
Fretty
Diggles Wrote:
Jakensama Wrote:Theres been a scam here where they hide little cameras near the atm and then try to swipe cards of people as they are leaving the area, i got pickpocketed after getting cash out and didn't realize it 'til they had already withdrawn the daily limit.

Did someone bump into you? I'm always checking after anyone bumps into me, as it seems like thats how they mainly happen.

Yeah it was 1:30 when I took cash out and I was moderately drunk, so i'm sure I was a somewhat easy target.

Moral of the story is when you run out of cash at 130 just go home instead of going to the ATM to stay out another 3 hours...
You can't alter your behavior based on one statistically improbable occurrence. Drink more, be merry.
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
I can alter this bullshit start at midnight stay out til 6-7 am shit the gerrys like Smile
Spanish play the same way. I'm a huge fan of the day drunk and in bed by 10pm.
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
Fretty Wrote:
Dustie Wrote:Son of a gun, my credit card company just called and said my card was used illegally for some online purchases today.

Have you used it somewhere you don't normally use it? Perhaps an online site or a gas station you don't normally visit? Those are the most common ways credit card info gets compromised.

We hardly use it at all but not that I can tell. We did take a trip last weekend but we only used it on the hotel. Hmm.
Heh, BofA just refunded about $50 of interest rate overcharge on my credit card for the year. Sadly, I never would have noticed.

-Orsun
Dustie Wrote:
Fretty Wrote:

We hardly use it at all but not that I can tell. We did take a trip last weekend but we only used it on the hotel. Hmm.

Was the hotel booking online or in person?
Maybe it was a staff member there.
Fretty
Fretty Wrote:
Dustie Wrote:
Fretty Wrote:Have you used it somewhere you don't normally use it? Perhaps an online site or a gas station you don't normally visit? Those are the most common ways credit card info gets compromised.

Was the hotel booking online or in person?
Maybe it was a staff member there.

My wife did it over the phone. I'm going to go see if that was the only thing on there. Then I'll nail those bastards!
(11-23-2009, 08:56 PM)grizzle Wrote:
Diggles Wrote:Maybe you should play more action games.  I still get sweats and heart racing in certain games

Feel free to throw out some examples. It's been a really long time since I played a video game that actually made, and kept, my heart racing.
Battles in Warhammer Total War 2 when the Strength O Meter says you have only a slight prayer and you win....
Some excitement to be had in Apex Legends(Free)