30-06 vs .308 Winchester
Are these two ammo types essentially equivalent? It seems that the army has moved from the 30-06 to the .308. Should I assume that, if I'm getting a Remington 700, that the .308 Win version is the way to go (over the 30-06)?
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison
Funny you ask that question. As a hunter I use the .308 Winchester and my dad uses a 30-06 browning.

I think the ammo is very similar. Just one of them has a little bigger impact/punch... Not sure which.

They both do their job. Kill things.

*edit*

The .308 Winchester is a hand me down from my late great uncle Roy. I quite enjoy carrying something around that my uncle had for many years during hunting season.
Kakarat Keys ~ Thief ~ Guild Wars 2
Kakarat ~ Shaman ~ WoW ~
Kakarat ~ Witch Hunter ~ WAR:AoR
Riona ~ Knight of the Blazing Sun ~ WAR:AoR
Kakarat ~ Swashbuckler ~ EQ2 ~ Venekor
Eef Eigten[F-18]~ 60 Aracoix Rogue ~ Shadowbane
Kakarat ~ 60 Ogre Warrior ~ EQ ~ VZ
Ok, this is basically what I read on the internet. I'm glad to get a confirmation from someone here. I guess I'll go with the .308 since I know that ammo will probably be available forever.

That is cool to have something passed down.
"Hamilton is really a Colossus to the anti republican party. Without numbers he is an host within himself. They have got themselves into a defile where they might be finished but too much security on the republican part will give time to his talents and indefatigableness to extricate them. We have had only middling performances to oppose to him. In truth when he comes forward there is nobody but yourself who can meet him. His adversaries having begun the attack he has the advantage of answering them and remains unanswered himself. For God's sake take up your pen and give a fundamental reply to Curtius and Camillas" - Thomas Jefferson to James Madison