Ataque de Panico!
This may have already been posted, but holy shit, how on earth did this guy make a video short for $300 that looks more expensive than most $100m movies??? I'll be buying a ticket for his first Hollywood flick...

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/buzzlog-...ywood.html
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
Yeah, and the guy is getting paid 8 figures to make a feature length version. Confusedhock:
Moristans: err

What the f*** Skelas - I know this is NSFW, but I coudn't watch this at work...

-Orsun
did most certainly not cost $300. time is money and I'm sure spent upwards of 500+ hours. models, animation, editing. at roughly like $30 an hour thats a minimum of about 15k worth of time spent.

If you look at the credits there are easily 30+ people involved....I'm assuming they volunteered and did not get paid, unless there some huge exchange rate from $300 american to shitty Uruguay dollars heh.

impressive that amatuers did it yes, but orginal by no means. At least he credited the music from 28 days later (John Murphy), but ripped the minigun sfx from TF2
[should not have shot the dolphin]
Meh, certainly not an original story. Hollywood has no lack of fx, what they have a lack of is good stories. They need to start paying good story writers.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
Im gonna start calling Diggles, Diggles-1, and Thudz, Diggles-2. They might even be the same guy!!!

As for the video, that was impressive. What a great way to get a foot in the door.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
yeah I hate how they throw the $300 figure around as if it has any basis in reality. Where can I buy a magic editing bay and rendering farm for $300? Maybe it did cost him very little but it was at the expense of a lot of charitable labor and equipment.

I think while the concept is certainly unoriginal, there's definitely an alternate approach to the effects that lured Hollywood. Certainly some of the explosion effects and rubble creation is very original. But, I want the next Guillermo del Toro not the next Michael Bay so the jury is still out.
Breand Wrote:But, I want the next Guillermo del Toro not the next Michael Bay so the jury is still out.

What's wrong with the one you've got?
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
I'd be more inclined to give these high school kids 30 million, much more impressive then some giant robot shit

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NE5elL30w4[/youtube]

and their sequel

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-is63goeBgc&feature=related[/youtube]
[should not have shot the dolphin]