FPS Mod Idea: Vampires
I'm wondering why, with all the vampire culture thats so popular right now, we havent seen any vampire games.

As you know, I'm a fan of asymmetrical game design and want the teams to be different and not clones of each other, which makes for a boring game. Although it would be somewhat of a rip off of AVP & JediKnight hunted modes, why not have a FPS mod where regular players hunt another vampire player who has abilities above and beyond the other players.

GAME MODES

Ascendency - Time based survival mode for Vampire
Vampire attempts to survive as long as he can. The longer he goes without a kill the weaker he gets, which will prevent hiding or 24/7 fleeing. Likewise, the most kills he gets the stronger he gets. Need some sort of intriguing system for determining the next vampire. Possibilities: vampire chooses, first player vampire kills, 'performance based' (vampire killshot or who did most dmg to vampire), random selection?

Extermination - time based destroy objective
Vampire has setup time before players spawn to place his coffin. Players must find and destroy coffin before time limit (the onset of day). Vampire of course tries to slow them down.

Coven Wars - team based survival
2 teams with a vampire on each side. The vampires can attempt to 'turn' the opposing team's regular players which will bring them to his team. 'Turned' players can respawn but regulars cannot.

Vampire player powers
Just like Jedi Knight, a there will be skill/power trees for the vampire and you will be able to select different power configurations depending on your play style. Servers can configure how many maximum skill/power points vampires get. Some game modes could reward the vampire with more points per kill he gets.

IE..

Strength - how much damage melee attacks do, lifting/throwing power
Speed - obvious
Stealth - hide in shadows, silent steps/attack, distractions etc
Sensory - heartbeat location, scent trails, seeing health of enemies etc

Vampires would only get skill points for melee kills and bites, however I think they should be allowed to use guns and other weapons..they just dont get skill/power points for these kills. I mean, whats to stop a Vampire from using guns/sword etc to kill humans attacking him.

Players can select loadouts similar to planetside, where inventory determines speed. Possible money per round similar to CS in order to limit the availabity of powerful items like thermal imaging, advanced medkits, silver based weapons etc.

U guys got more good ideas to throw in?
[should not have shot the dolphin]
Teams
Although I love Underworld and the Lycans vs Vampires, I think it would take away from a good vampire based game.

Could setup vampire vs vampire vs human type team setups to prevent 2 team unbalance.

Engine
Although I love source engine, I dont think it could encompass the vastness of the outdoors for a vampire game. I think something like GTA with a bigger breathing world would be better. This also allows for bot/npc interaction as well.
Your answer:

The vast majority of gamers are male, who have witnessed the vampire genre get ursurped by a bunch of pre-pubescent vagina bearers, so they now want nothing to do with vampires to avoid being called a fruitcake by their peers.

Q.E.D.
Breand Wrote:Your answer:

The vast majority of gamers are male, who have witnessed the vampire genre get ursurped by a bunch of pre-pubescent vagina bearers, so they now want nothing to do with vampires to avoid being called a fruitcake by their peers.

Q.E.D.

Your argument doesnt really hold up when 11 million people are playing a 'cartoon based' game called World of Warcraft. This is just an idea for a mod, a real commercial Vampire based game or MMO that brings in young women is a license to print money.
do something with the bloodlines engine.