Global Warming
We must be doing something wrong because it's fricking cold. If you have coal burn it please, now.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

Spread my work ethic not my wealth.
Thudz Wrote:We must be doing something wrong because it's fricking cold. If you have coal burn it please, now.

Thats how global warming works dumbass. Global warming results in ICE AGE.

Raising temperatures melt polar ice caps. Massive dump of cold fresh water into the ocean circulation system breaks them, so warm waters from tropical regions no longer move to colder regions like UK/Europe to keep them warmed and you all freeze to death.

Once you go past a certain threshold, we're fucked because it can never repair itself in our lifetimes. This is not just about refreezing ice on the polar caps, if too much of it melts at once, we're screwed.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wunderground.com/education/abruptclimate.asp">http://www.wunderground.com/education/abruptclimate.asp</a><!-- m -->
[should not have shot the dolphin]
That's a theory - and not a very solid one at that.

The geological record shows that temperatures go up, stay up for a long time and then go down into an ice age. If your theory was correct, what we SHOULD see is temperatures go up and then instantly slam down into an ice age as, literally, one day the melting dumps so much water into the ocean that it stops the heat exchange.

But instead what we see are times where the earth has no glaciation -- no north pole ice, no south pole ice, no ice anywhere, then, for reasons unknown (but with lots of theories), temperatures start dropping and a new ice age starts.

Interestingly, the "ice slides into the ocean" theory of climate change seems to be a new one. Other theories seem to revolve primarily around volcanoes, especially explosive ones that puts lots of particulate matter into the atmosphere and causes global cooling, which sets off a chain reaction -- more snow, fewer plants, more reflectivity, that sort of thing.
Diggles Wrote:
Thudz Wrote:We must be doing something wrong because it's fricking cold. If you have coal burn it please, now.

Thats how global warming works dumbass. Global warming results in ICE AGE.

Raising temperatures melt polar ice caps. Massive dump of cold fresh water into the ocean circulation system breaks them, so warm waters from tropical regions no longer move to colder regions like UK/Europe to keep them warmed and you all freeze to death.

Once you go past a certain threshold, we're fucked because it can never repair itself in our lifetimes. This is not just about refreezing ice on the polar caps, if too much of it melts at once, we're screwed.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.wunderground.com/education/abruptclimate.asp">http://www.wunderground.com/education/abruptclimate.asp</a><!-- m -->

Nobody can take a joke post more seriously than you Diggles. Tongue
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state.
-Thomas Jefferson

well you didnt use sarcasm font~
Hundreds gather to protest Global WArming!!!

[Image: globalwarming.jpg]
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
lol
That's great :lol:

I'm an environmentally trained scientist and even I'm second guessing global warming these days. I don't think we know the complete story yet and I wish I had time to study the correlatives in sufficient detail to make up my own mind definitively. I think it's fair to say that you can't continue to pump CO2 into the atmosphere without it eventually having some sort of impact but what that impact is and how much of an impact it has in relation to the other factors that impact global temperature is still not abundantly clear to me.

I think this stuff is worth studying and is definitely worrisome, however I think human civilization found a really nice time in the history of the earth to rise from the seas and there are innumerable factors that threaten our vacation spots and our homes.
Caveatum & Blhurr D'Vizhun.
[Image: glarebear_av.gif]
[Image: sterb037.gif]
Global warming happened all over my yard yesterday and lastnight. It left an inch of white ash everywhere. I forget, do I move North or South to escape this global warming?

-Thomas Jefferson

Thudz Wrote:Global warming happened all over my yard yesterday and lastnight. It left an inch of white ash everywhere. I forget, do I move North or South to escape this global warming?

You need to go directly south, as in dig 12 feet below your feet and hide in the bunker.

PS, if you need a snow shovel I can send you one.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]