Application - Rolo
I'd like to begin by saying I read that whole post you said applicants should read. :wink:

I logged into PotBS for first time in almost a year. In spite of BMM now 100% free market, leading the AH revolution and Brits having their first map win ever, its pretty much the same broken game--not enough to keep me playing. I'll have to settle for PotCO for my sailing fix. :?

I wondered where the Igglesesses went and Keith sent me here.

I pre-ordered STO and if I like it enough, I'll just get the lifetime sub. Otherwise, I'll give EvE a shot.

Wife and I play WoW (Bloodhoof), EQ2 (AB), and Wizard 101. Its been a while since we played Guild Wars, but will get back to it sometime before GW2 releases.

The first thing I do in any game, where applicable, is econ. I guess you can say I like crafting, but, really, I like not being in want of anything when I do play. I'm a PvE player mainly because I, too, noticed that PvP players, regardless of game, are punk-asses.

I'm computer savvy, having tinkered with them since I was a 10-year old; I have six desktops, two tablets, one laptop for me and my wife. If you need help with anything PC/networking related, feel free to ask.

I'm 39, retiring from the USAF this year where I will have even more time for all these games!
Good enough for me. You should have access now. Kiefer showed up a bit ago but hasn't posted since.

Glad to hear things went well with the AH/British. I've occasionally gone to poke at the POTBS website to see what they've updated but it's never quite been enough to make me want to try it again.

Not sure about STO yet, honestly. They've done some really nice, fun things but it needs more work. They'd better deliver a Hail Mary overhaul to the PvP/Klingons before launch. If they launched it as-is, I dunno -- maybe I'd get it anyway and just play through as Feds but the PvP has too many problems. Mostly small stuff, some balance issues, some bugs, but it has to be fixed.

We actually just got back from a serious stab at EVE. I think I've tried that game for the last time. I'm sure some EVE fans may chime in here but it's really a hideously boring PvE game with some rather poorly designed PvP. The empire/industry part of EVE is its main draw and while I enjoyed that some, it's hard to get over the PvP problems, especially for a small group.

A bunch of us went to Aion but I think almost everyone has quit. They do have a really nice looking expansion in the works though (or at least, the trailer looked promising).

I'm hoping STO clears up because I don't really see much more on the horizon.
Wow...I'm surprised at your comments on EvE; I figured there'd be continuous epic PvP in that game.

As for STO, no game is finished at launch; I'd think an 85% solution is the industry norm. I didn't hear 'disaster', so that's promising. I'd hazard a guess to say that they may wait and see how much PvE vs PvP is important and see what players do/look for to further PvP development. (i.e. Will there be enough PvPers to just get right to a robust PvP system or will they need to "build a bridge" to get PvEers to PvP?)

I am presuming that they have a long-term development plan that will make a quality game for many years. Its that or be the company who screwed up a Star Trek product. (Yes, SWG is a reminder that it is definitely possible...but I have some hope.) Besides, I haven't been in on a game at its launch since Tanarus.

Aion...not interested in trying it...still yet another fantasy MMO with nothing to grab me (flying...whooo)...and ncsoft's track record as of late has been less than stellar (Tabula Rasa). I'll stick with Guild Wars/EQ2/WoW and wait for GW2.

I feared the Brit victory would be a one-hit wonder and it seems that may be. We had some good leadership and, more importantly, we have good follower-ship, but the PvP expertise has left the building and it looks like BMM is going to have to take the lead on that one. The timing of this and the imminent server merge makes it harder to leave. You guys may want to take another peek.
Eve is the greatest.
That is all.

On a side note however; Aion is pretty darn fun. "Another fantasy MMO" it may be, and everyone is getting tired of them, but it's very, very fun. Reminds me of EQ1 a lot more than any other game to date has. Unlike their previous recent games' track record, NC Soft has done well with Aion. Large population, constant updates and fixes and balances. It seems like they are really listening to the community and putting thought into this game. The only downside is their ridiculously slow responses and lack of action against bots. Every now and then a GM will make a spectacle about it, walk through the non-pvp zone cities and start nuking bots infront of everyone. Fun and all, but that's definitely not a permanent solution. Either way, since North America got the game 1 year after release, I'd say it's the most polished and bug-free game on a release that I have ever seen.
Fretty
Guild Wars 2: Fretty The Charming - Mesmer(currently inactive)
Rift: Nico - Cleric Extraordinaire // Fretty - Radical Rogue(currently inactive)
Eve: Fret V2 - EW Master of the Universe (currently inactive)
Your head, my lap. 'Nuff said.