AVP (3)
Although I am a huge fan of AvP and scifi, this is another game that was clearly rushed by the publisher.

This is more of a remake than a sequel in the line. Akin to how Doom 3 was a remake of the original (someone told me, I never played doom3).

You will notice the game is very 'herky jerky' when compared to other FPS games. I realize this may be part of the feel of the game, but when you are used to silky smooth FPS from HL family, its frustrating.

The game was released without dedicated server support. Rebellion (Developer) waited until release day to actually say this. They said it should be out within a few days. Someone mentioned that a few other games have done this, but there are several examples of games releasing dedicated server support FOR THE DEMO of the game, before release.

Multiplayer is playable but EXTREMELY annoying. The interface is horrible, you have to click about 10 times to view games and half the time the game has already started or you get put into some other random game. So you get booted back and have to click about 10 times to view games again. Since its peer-to-peer there is stuttering on the mics. Once the games actually get started, they werent too bad if there werent too many players.

Unlike AvP2 which had class kits, you only get starter weapons on spawn, which is extremely annoying for the predator. In Predator Hunt mode as the predator, I would often get killed before even getting to a weapon. Marines are fodder with only their pulse rifles w/o nades. I can only hope this is a server setting that can be changed w/release of dedicated server.

Yet another slap in the face of PC gamers. Gaming companies better get with the program, because the backlash is growing.

While I love AVP this game is failure, 2.25/5. Rebellion will be added to boycott list along with SoE, NCsoft, EA
[should not have shot the dolphin]
That sucks. I saw you bought it and nearly followed suit but figured, "ehhh, I'll wait til Diggles says something about it".
heres a pretty spot on review

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJeHpNen2E8&feature=popular[/youtube]
[should not have shot the dolphin]