Five stocks for 2011
I'm going to go with...

AAPL - Apple (duh)
POT - Potash (millions more people in China, India buying more food)
RSX - Russia ETF (I think Russia will outperform the other BRIC countries this year, especially if oil surges)
C - Citigoup (Still nervous about banks, but I think C could double over next 2-3 years)
SBUX - Starbucks (riding the recovery)

Anyone else want to venture some guesses for the year? We'll check this time next year and see how they did.
Ex SWG, L2, CoH, Wow, and War
Currently PvPing in the stock market
Hope youre right about C, it's already up 122% since I bought it. =)

I dunno if I have 5, but I just bought some DBA today. Agri ETF.

BTW: Still have my Purge portfolio saved on google finance. Says Im up 77% from when we started, lol.
I'm in C too. I think its a long buy.

I bought PFE (Pfizer) recently for its div and potential growth.

I wont buy Apple, but I wont bet against Grieve on this either......

Starbucks might be an interesting play. They recently re-branded and removed the word "Coffee" from the signs. Indicating restaurants? Retail? Not sure...

Right now I'm looking at everything towards high Dividends with growth potential. Some of the REIT's and the oil trust are are looking really good right now.
Maul, the Bashing Shamie

"If you want to change the world, be that change."
--Gandhi

[Image: maull2.gif]
I'm REALLY bullish about the market this year, so I've bet the farm on options. So far I have leaps (January 2012 calls) in SBUX, POT, and AAPL (only one of the deep-in-the-money AAPL calls, because they are $8,400 a pop - yoikes!)

The POT calls are up 21% already (since yesterday!), and I'm feeling like a bit of a pig holding onto them...

Breand, if you have DBA we're thinking the same way (POT is a major ag play). As for our Purge stock picking contest...yeah...I've really got to find the time to update that sometime...
Grieve Wrote:I'm going to go with...

AAPL - Apple (duh)
POT - Potash (millions more people in China, India buying more food)
RSX - Russia ETF (I think Russia will outperform the other BRIC countries this year, especially if oil surges)
C - Citigoup (Still nervous about banks, but I think C could double over next 2-3 years)
SBUX - Starbucks (riding the recovery)
Wow, my picks for this year really sucked. Smile Actually Apple (up around 25% right now) and SBUX (up around 40% did great), but C lost about 40%, RSX lost around 25%, and POT is down about 10%. I didn't hold onto C past January, but RSX and POT definitely burned me. I still own both, though.
Only thing I really have that's up for the year is GLD. But I made some nice money off playing the TNA, TZA game...so thanks for that lol.

Im sitting on the sidelines right now. Really don't have a feel for the market right now. I can see a Bull run happening with all the news out there if Europe stays contained (which it won't...but the ECB will probably yield and print money). So that will be nice over all for my investments, but I don't have a feel for what to do for short term gains.